Did Tim Boetsch give up???

Did he give up? Yeah, he did.

There's no shame in it though. He was done. He couldn't see, he was bleeding like a stuck pig, and he had a broken hand.

His corner didn't protect him and he was too proud to quit on the stool. He did the best he could, but finally realized that he needed to turtle up and let the ref stop the fight.

See this confuses me because i wouldn't have thought any less of Tim if he said I want to stop the fight after the second. I guess it's a pride thing for some fighters.

I seriously thought his corner would stop it...I feel bad for Tim, a fighter shouldn't have to endure this to make an impression, injuries happen.

Then concede the fight already. Don't say "FUCK NO" when they ask if you want to stop then continuously drop to the mat in the fetal position praying that the ref will stop the fight for you. That isn't heart. That's just ego. He wants to be able to say he kept fighting. Not fooling me, sorry.

That's just what fighters do, call it ego/heart/pride whatever. As far as im concerned the moment they injure themselves they should call the fight off. If Boetsch had called the fight off when he was reeling from the eyepoke/headbutt combination on the floor if would have been ruled a NC and a re-match probably booked instantly.

Same goes for Travis Browne, the moment he blew his foot on the Big Foot fight he should have verbally tapped. What the hell is he going to do jumping on one foot? Well, he got KO'd by a giant man which is never good for the long term plans of ones career. Had he called it the moment he got injured they would have booked the re-match probably on the spot.

Boetsch clearly was hurting, something about a broken right hand. The dude is a warrior. Shame on you guys...

Give me a fucking break. He broke his hand, was headbutted, was eye poked and couldn't see shit yet he didn't quit until his body couldn't continue to fight.

Tim has more heart than you can even imagine. Go hop in the octagon and see how big your heart is, tough guy.

I'm sorry; you're right. When I think heart I think guy curled in a ball desperately hoping for someone to save him.

See this confuses me because i wouldn't have thought any less of Tim if he said I want to stop the fight after the second. I guess it's a pride thing for some fighters.

I seriously thought his corner would stop it...I feel bad for Tim, a fighter shouldn't have to endure this to make an impression, injuries happen.

I wouldn't have either. It was a total pride thing. Just like I think no less of Leben for admitting he was done in the Munoz fight. Sometimes the smart thing to do is simply admit that you're beaten and live to fight another day. I was surprised that Leben actually did it.

I think hurting his hand and getting eyepoked made him start to shoot a lot more than planned, which led to him gassing badly. Boetch isn't a guy who shoots over and over again and I just don't think he had the cardio to do it.

That's just what fighters do, call it ego/heart/pride whatever. As far as im concerned the moment they injure themselves they should call the fight off. If Boetsch had called the fight off when he was reeling from the eyepoke/headbutt combination on the floor if would have been ruled a NC and a re-match probably booked instantly.

I think the difference between heart and ego is though with heart you stay in and try to win until you're actually put down. With ego it's more of a, "I don't want to quit but I checked out of this fight already and I'm just waiting for the ref to help me." Lauzon had heart tonight. Boetsch let his ego take over.

there is no quit in Boetsch, something must've been terribly wrong.

I'm sorry; you're right. When I think heart I think guy curled in a ball desperately hoping for someone to save him.

You're so tough and cool. I'm sure you could kick every professional fighter's ass.

My bet is that virtually all of them would have you crying like a bitch within 30 seconds if you were still actually conscious and cognisant enough to do it.

WTF was he supposed to do? Stand in front of a boxer when he couldn't see and was fighting one handed?

Its amazing how tough we all are compared to these so called "fighters" the UFC claims to have. Shit, I scraped my knee the other day. Didn't even use a band-aid.

Real talk.

The moment he pulled guard hes not in the condition to fight anymore, i think its the corner's responsibility to protect their fighter n not urge em to fight esp if theyre injured

You're so tough and cool. I'm sure you could kick every professional fighter's ass.

My bet is that virtually all of them would have you crying like a bitch within 30 seconds if you were still actually conscious and cognisant enough to do it.

Who said anything about me being able to compete against professional athletes in their respective sports? Would you guys take these fighters' dicks out of your mouths already. He quit. Simple as that. I'm not saying it makes him less of a fighter or less of a man, just stating the fact that yes, he did in fact give up in the fight.

lauzon didn't break his hand and get poked in the eye, though.

But he was clearly fighting blind. Just watch when Miller was on top of him. Lauzon had his eyes straight up closed for most of the fight because of the blood and he was still going for the win. That was heart.

matt hume asked if he wanted fight stopped.tim boesch: "fuck no!!"

My point exactly. Just the way he said it you could tell it was all ego. A little show for the camera so all the nuthuggers could say, "Wow, that Boetsch guy sure has a ton of heart!."

Who said anything about me being able to compete against professional athletes in their respective sports? Would you guys take these fighters' dicks out of your mouths already. He quit. Simple as that. I'm not saying it makes him less of a fighter or less of a man, just stating the fact that yes, he did in fact give up in the fight.

Did you read my first post in the thread? I said he quit. His corner should've taken that decision from him. They should've recognized their fighter was done and protected him. He just did what the majority of fighters would do in that situation - allow his ego, pride, and adrenaline to make a decision to continue when every other logical person outside of the situation could see that winning the fight was out of the question. At that point, it was only a matter of how much damage he'd absorb and how it would ultimately end. Corners shouldn't put their fighters in those situations. Take the decision out of their hands. Protect your fighter.

Back