Did Tim Boetsch give up???

It didn't make sense to me, I couldn't believe he started butt scooting. Even with the broken hand and eyesight issues, I'd think a superior wrestler like him would at least still be able to pump the jab, clinch up and then press Costa into the cage. I was positive before the 3rd round his corner was going to tell him to set up the takedown with the jab and duck under Costa's strikes or press him into the cage to work his clinch trips and throws.

Instead Hume told him to just shoot and do it 3 times if he had to, I know the guy knows his shit but that was terrible fucking advice. Boetsch isn't the type of wrestler to chain takedowns together and be able to relentlessly shoot from the outside, it should've been obvious after the 2nd round that just shooting on Costa would lead to him getting stuffed, pulling guard and getting beat the fuck up.

I'm glad to know that other thought this should have been stopped.

Fighter safety needs to be a bigger topic of concern in fights like these.

My point exactly. Just the way he said it you could tell it was all ego. A little show for the camera so all the nuthuggers could say, "Wow, that Boetsch guy sure has a ton of heart!."

i wouldn't call it nuthuggin. it's respect. nuthuggin would be like a fan knowing every little detail about their favorite fighters and defending them at all costs EVEN if that fighter had no honor or did/said something horrible. i respect all those who step in the cage.

Ariel said in his interview with Costa that the doctors have confirmed that Tim did NOT break his hand

It did kind of look that way. Not being able to see and a broken hand i guess was too much. Mind you if anyone would have pushed through it. I figured Tim would. He just seems like that kind of tuff after the Okami fight. but nobody is a machine. Some nights I guess you just can't do it.

him pulling halfguard was the equivalent of a tap in my mind. no shame in that though he should have quit after 2nd round.

I know before the third round he said he wanted to fight, no fighter would say yes that has heart.

I know Tim's hand was broken and the eye poke made his vision terrible. I am not questioning his ability to fight at all.

It just seemed to me when he flopped to the mat a few times, he was almost conceding to defeat.

I know its a rotten thing to think, and I am not trying to fighter bash at all either, I like him as a fighter.

I am just trying to see if anyone else feels or thinks the same? Thoughts

I am really suspecting it was a fracture that he had before the fight, that broke completely in the fight. I am thinking it was his arm, not his hand, which is why he pulled guard, as he could not wrestle with it like that.

He definitely wilted but Costa should get credit for breaking him, good showing.

WTF was he supposed to do? Stand in front of a boxer when he couldn't see and was fighting one handed?

This. People in this thread are morons. Rogan even said he couldn't properly gauge the distance on his takedowns so I'm assuming he thought pulling guard and attempting to get on top from there/trying to pull off something from his back was the best way to go.

An eye injury is a potentially career ending and life altering injury. There is no shame in stopping.

Back