Did this lower Joe Rogans stock worth to you? (awful clip)

Above average??? That's a roundhouse kick in case you can't tell, with zero control and flexibility. His knee is pointing down and his hand is out of control.
Please stop. My sides hurt from laughing.

Your idea of "dynamic flexibility" is a delusion you have in order to dismiss your lack of flexibility. When I first saw you kick I immediately recognized your lack of flexibility. It is a common pattern I see in men who start stretching too late in life.

How is it a delusion? I can kick heights at regular or high speeds that I cannot do slowly. That is dynamic flexibility.

So, for the record, your roundhouse is better than:

1. Joe Rogan
  2. GSP
  3. Wonderboy
  4. Prime Chuck Norris
Who else is on the list?

How is it a delusion? I can kick heights at regular or high speeds that I cannot do slowly. That is dynamic flexibility.
Exactly, it's a crutch concept for your lack of flexibility.

Let's see a side view of you doing a roundhouse kick to the face (your face level, not baby Yoda's).

I claim you can't kick as high as your face, even with dynamic flexibility.

So, for the record, your roundhouse is better than:

1. Joe Rogan
  2. GSP
  3. Wonderboy
  4. Prime Chuck Norris
Who else is on the list?

I don't have a spasmic arm during point of impact and my knee is not pointing down. But he was above average for his time according to you....

I don't have a spasmic arm during point of impact and my knee is not pointing down. But he was above average for his time according to you....
Please show us the side view of your roundhouse to the face.

Also, Norris is sparring in the photo. Let me see your arm position during a head kick taken during competition sparring. Oh yeah, you can't kick to the head, and you don't compete. But when kicking to the groin of an imaginary opponent in your bedroom, your technique is flawless.

Last edited:
Okay. I will post it within a few days hopefully. Are you saying I can't do it at all? Not even with exaggerated lean?
Yes, I am saying you can't do a face-level (6' in your case, right) roundhouse kick.

Ideally, you would tape the side of a heavy bag at your ear height and then show us how you can fold the bag.

Yes, I am saying you can't do a face-level (6' in your case, right) roundhouse kick.

Ideally, you would tape the side of a heavy bag at your ear height and then show us how you can fold the bag.

No need. I have a plant at my eye level that I will attempt to connect with my foot

Whatever you prefer. Do you not have access to a heavy bag?

No I do not. Just so you know, a few years ago when I had closed hips, I could still extend my leg from a round kick start position head height, though with knee pointing down. You are going to lose this challenge.

Attachments

• _20200122_232749.JPG
    _20200122_232749.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 5
No I do not. Just so you know, a few years ago when I had closed hips, I could still extend my leg from a round kick start position head height, though with knee pointing down. You are going to lose this challenge.
There is nothing for me to lose. I will 100% happy for you if you show me a picture of a good face-level roundhouse kick. I don't have any issues with facts. Any actual, factual skills you have I will acknowledge and applaud.

Exact same fundamental flaw..

Attachments

• _20200123_002429.JPG
    _20200123_002429.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 1
If you are critical of somebody's hand position while sparring, let's see your hand position while sparring. I can tell they would be by your waist, not your head. One of my first posts pointed out how your hands started by your waist, which is what white-belts do.

Mid 70s. It's from his book "Winning Tournament Karate" (published 1975) which I have on my bookshelf.

So 3 years after Way of the Dragon.... Totally possible for him to improve the round kick in that time.

If you are critical of somebody's hand position while sparring, .

I was highly critical of his hand position during impact. It indicates poor control over the technique. It's a bloody roundhouse midsection. Nothing flashy.

Back