Did this lower Joe Rogans stock worth to you? (awful clip)

You write as if the 80s was a golden age... All they did was bang... Technique has gotten much better. And unlike them, I know what a guard is
Your clip shows how stupid modern TKD is. The technique has gotten far, far worse, mostly because modern TKD is primarily a childcare service. In the 80s, before BJJ and MMA, serious people did TKD. Now serious people do Muay Thai, BJJ, etc. What the "old" part of your clip shows is 90s TKD, which is different than 80s TKD. Power was even more emphasized in 80s TKD.

Last edited:
Everything that comes out of your mouth is wrong. TKD technique has gotten far, far worse, mostly because it's primarily a childcare service. In the 80s, before BJJ and MMA, serious people did TKD. Now serious people do Muay Thai, BJJ, etc.

There's a time period between 80s and 2020 you know. WTF sparring was MUCH weaker and unpolished in the 80s than mid 90s... So you did NOT belong to the golden era. Sorry.

lol this guy was clearly dropped as a child
More than once.
There's a time period between 80s and 2020 you know. WTF sparring was MUCH weaker and unpolished in the 80s than mid 90s... So you did NOT belong to the golden era. Sorry.
Nothing you say makes any sense. I was still young and sparring at world-class level in the 90s. Over time the power slowly dropped as techniques like double-kicks appeared. You wouldn't know because (a) you weren't there, (b) you suck.

See, I started MA at a very young age and was on the national team in the 80s as a teenager.

I was still young and sparring at world-class level in the 90s. Over time the power slowly dropped as techniques like double-kicks appeared. You wouldn't know because (a) you weren't there, (b) you suck.

See, I started MA at a very young age and was on the national team in the 80s as a teenager.

What a load of crap. double kicks always existed as you can see here. Technique was unpolished in the 80s

lol this guy was clearly dropped as a child

You're probably dumb enough to think that a 5'4 midgets kick is harder than mine based on the fact that it's slightly faster and thus sounds like a whip, while mine would sound more like a slow thunder.

My best bud got bruised through holding the mitts. There's years of abuse and neglect in those kicks that no amount of growth hormone and steroids can overcome.

And frankly, it would be embarassing if a national TaeKwonDo champ did not kick harder than UFC fighters. It doesn't prove jack shit. He's comparing himself to the worst kickers in all of striking.

What a load of crap. double kicks always existed as you can see here. Technique was unpolished in the 80s

Wrong.

How can you possibly delude yourself into thinking you are even qualified to have an opinion about stuff? You are a skinny red belt with very few training hours, poor technique, and nothing noteworthy except a big mouth.

By 1985 only the Koreans and those who trained in Korea were using the double-kicks. I trained in Korea in the Summer of 1987 and brought the double-roundhouse back to our gym in Canada. I started teaching it in the BB class in 1988.

You see, I was national team fighter and could write a book about this without once looking at Google or Youtube. In fact, some of the YouTube footage of that era I contributed by digitizing VHS tape.

You're probably dumb enough to think that a 5'4 midgets kick is harder than mine based on the fact that it's slightly faster and thus sounds like a whip, while mine would sound more like a slow thunder.

My best bud got bruised through holding the mitts. There's years of abuse and neglect in those kicks that no amount of growth hormone and steroids can overcome.
<Dany07>

There's years of abuse and neglect in those kicks that no amount of growth hormone and steroids can overcome.
Many people who can fight were motivated to do so in response to abuse and neglect. I am one of them. The difference is I put in the time training over decades. You put in very little, and it shows.

Wrong.

How can you possibly delude yourself into thinking you are even qualified to have an opinion about stuff? You are a skinny red belt with very few training hours, poor technique, and nothing noteworthy except a big mouth.

By 1985 only the Koreans and those who trained in Korea were using the double-kicks. I trained in Korea in the Summer of 1987 and brought the double-roundhouse back to our gym in Canada. I started teaching it in the BB class in 1988.

You see, I was national team fighter and could write a book about this without once looking at Google or Youtube. In fact, some of the YouTube footage of that era I contributed by digitizing VHS tape.

What is so poor with my non shoe roundhouse besides your autistic fixation with inward rotation? It has good acceleration, correct angle of the foot (something many people fail miserably at due to poor bodily control) and it is not shrimped, unlike Valennetinis pathetic effort that you linked to me after bashing MY hips. I look like an acrobat in comparison to his hips. That does not mean my kick is anywhere near perfect, but I'm certainly not ashamed of it.

The difference is I put in the time training over decades. You put in very little, and it shows.

Yet you based mechanics I switched to a month ago around green belt level. I must be very talented then. I was not able to kick like this before due to improper training, including bad stretching routines that were counter productive and made my hips gradually worse rather than more open. All It did was induce tiredness. Oh and I was not more flexible when I did TKD for 6 months as a 15 year old, so that theory goes out the window. Chuck Norris learned to do the full splits in the 80s, in his 30s.

What is so poor with my non shoe roundhouse besides your autistic fixation with inward rotation? It has good acceleration, correct angle of the foot (something many people fail miserably at due to poor bodily control) and it is not shrimped, unlike Valennetinis pathetic effort that you linked to me after bashing MY hips. I look like an acrobat in comparison to his hips. That does not mean my kick is anywhere near perfect, but I'm certainly not ashamed of it.
You lack the competence to assess the quality of your kicks. There is no correct angle of the foot -- it depends on the application. The video was posted in response to my observation that you will not be able to throw any sort of hand combination after the kick. Kicking to initiate a combination is different than a kick to end a combination. But you wouldn't know that because you, well, don't know anything.

A serious discussion of kicking is way over your head. You don't compete and you are relatively untrained. And you are delusional with respect to your ability -- which is a joke.

You are a run-of-the-mill colored belt. I see all sorts of mistakes, and I see low flexibility which you will likely never improve.

Yet you based mechanics I switched to a month ago around green belt level. I must be very talented then. I was not able to kick like this before due to improper training, including bad stretching routines that were counter productive and made my hips gradually worse rather than more open. All It did was induce tiredness. Oh and I was not more flexible when I did TKD for 6 months as a 15 year old, so that theory goes out the window. Chuck Norris learned to do the full splits in the 80s, in his 30s.
Chuck Norris had above-average flexibility for the 60s and 70s, but marginal by today's standards. But the key point here is that Chuck worked notoroiously hard. I claim that you will not improve because you're just a talker. You won't put in the time to work on your flexibility (like 30min/day every day).

You lack the competence to assess the quality of your kicks. There is no correct angle of the foot -- it depends on the application. The video was posted in response to my observation that you will not be able to throw any sort of hand combination after the kick. Kicking to initiate a combination is different than a kick to end a combination. But you wouldn't know that because you, well, don't know anything.

A serious discussion of kicking is way over your head. You don't compete and you are relatively untrained. And you are delusional with respect to your ability -- which is a joke.

You are a run-of-the-mill colored belt. I see all sorts of mistakes, and I see low flexibility which you will likely never improve.

The foot angle was correct for the kick I was throwing (ball of the foot roundhouse). It probably looked completely foreign to your vertical bit chagi sport kicks with no real hip action. I can go even faster than that once my body is used to the new hip mechanics. For now, that is as fast as I will go and it puts me in a very nice company. So while some parts of the kick are below average, others are above average. I would much rather have that than all parts of average quality.

Chuck Norris had above-average flexibility for the 60s and 70s, but marginal by today's standards. But the key point here is that Chuck worked notoroiously hard. I claim that you will not improve because you're just a talker. You won't put in the time to work on your flexibility (like 30min/day every day).

I am putting in those hours but since it does not improve static flexibility even now, I don't expect it to ever do so. It seems to have no correlation with my improved dynamic flexibility.

Chuck Norris had above-average flexibility for the 60s and 70s,

Above average??? That's a roundhouse kick in case you can't tell, with zero control and flexibility. His knee is pointing down and his hand is out of control.

Attachments

• _20200122_223004.JPG
    _20200122_223004.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 4
Whatever age he was. He said he couldn't do it before, and that his kicks are more powerful today (back when the interview was conducted) than when he was competing.
Chuck Norris got slower and weaker over time, like everyone. In principle, he might have gotten better at some kicks that were terrible to begin with (his spinning hook kick was completely wrong before the 80s). But the point remains that you are not going to get more flexible because you don't have the work ethic.

I am putting in those hours but since it does not improve static flexibility even now, I don't expect it to ever do so. It seems to have no correlation with my improved dynamic flexibility.
Your idea of "dynamic flexibility" is a delusion you have in order to dismiss your lack of flexibility. When I first saw you kick I immediately recognized your lack of flexibility. It is a common pattern I see in men who start stretching too late in life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back