Did Sterling have a point about Magic Johnson?

Of course it was known that stds occurred. That's far different from it being viewed as some sort of real risk. Safe sex wasn't even really a thing prior to the mid, late 80's.

If you're really an old goat you'd be well aware that such things were viewed as things that happened to prostitutes and military personnel on leave.

Otherwise, I'm not interested in defending Magic's behavior as it affects his marriage.

Baaack in my day we were warned that if you saw blisters, ooze, or vermin you might want to step back. It's good advice then and it's good advice now.

Baaack in my day we were warned that if you saw blisters, ooze, or vermin you might want to step back. It's good advice then and it's good advice now.
That was about the extent of it.

Back in the day... it's coming to me. Back when I was MC OldGoat NWA was an inspiration. Wearing my parachute pants and resting on an refrigerator box after trying to do the worm songs like "Dopeman" from the seminal album "Straight Outta Compton" taught me enough about life to escape my youth more or less unscathed.

Let's take a stroll down memory lane.

"Dopeman"

Censored for Sherdog mods and modern "sensibilities"

livin' in Compton, California, CA
His Uzi up your ass if he don't get paid
N**** begging for credit, he's knockin' out teeth
Clockin' much dollars on the 1st and 15th kay shizze is a real fuckin' G

moral?

The borrower is slave to the lender. Don't want to only eat pudding? Don't go in debt.

Strawberry, just look you'll see her
But don't fuck around, she'll give you gonnorhea
If people out there ain't hip to the fact
Strawberry is a girl selling pussy for crack to the

Promiscuity can lead to the genital funk. Very important message. Magic obviously missed this message. He's probably a closet country music fan.

f ya smoke 'Caine, you're a stupid motherfucker
Known around the hood as the schoolyard clucka
Doin' that crack with all the money ya got
On ya hands and knees, searching for a piece of rock

Jonzing for a hit, now ya lookin' for more
Doug stole a Alpine outta Eazy's 6-4
Ya need ya ass whooped 'coz it's outta this Earth
Can't get a 10-piece, need a dollar fifty's worth

A double message. This is about drugs and losing control and how losing control can lead to an ass whipping or worse. Eazy didn't like people messing with his ride. Is it really worth 5 bullets in your ass for a temporary high?

"Fat Girl" by NWA

Title says it all.

Point being, there is a lot of education in a $5.99 cassette from Coconuts if your ears are open.

None of this matters..

In the end what matters is if you wanna be a racist or bigot you should be able to in the privacy of your own home.. This is still America at the end of the day and its your private property, so if you are gonna have those negative traits you should be safe to say them In YOUR OWN F'N HOME.

So if he goes out into a public square or on the internet and broadcasts his views then its okay for the public to punish him. However, if he says it in his own house under the assumption that his racist tirade isn't public then its off limits. How retardedly arbitrary. If the views are reprehensible then it doesn't matter how the public comes to know of them once its public knowledge, it should be condemned period.

So if he goes out into a public square or on the internet and broadcasts his views then its okay for the public to punish him. However, if he says it in his own house under the assumption that his racist tirade isn't public then its off limits. How retardedly arbitrary. If the views are reprehensible then it doesn't matter how the public comes to know of them once its public knowledge, it should be condemned period.

Says who?

this is fkn terrible ..

so you're ok with people going around secretly taping others, baiting them into saying controversial things and then leaking the tape and ruining the person ? .. pretty wicked there if you think that's ok ..

plenty of lot of people have said shit in private that would be controversial if heard out loud ? you think all of those people deserve to be ruined/made into a pariah/forced to give up all their investments ? .. some of you need to get outside of your emotional bias and think of the bigger picture ..

and please never fkn complain about privacy issues if you're ok with this

Says who?

The idea that anything said inside one's house is off limits is completely arbitrary to the point of not making any sense. Am I supposed to just pretend as if he doesn't hold racist views (even though I know otherwise) just because his racism was put on display while he was in his home? Or am I just supposed to accept it as being okay?

The whole idea is fucking stupid. If you want freedom to say racist shit inside your house then make damn sure no one is recording you but you can't reasonably expect the rest of us to be like "oh, that doesn't count" just because.

The idea that anything said inside one's house is off limits is completely arbitrary to the point of not making any sense. Am I supposed to just pretend as if he doesn't hold racist views (even though I know otherwise) just because his racism was put on display while he was in his home? Or am I just supposed to accept it as being okay?

The whole idea is fucking stupid. If you want freedom to say racist shit inside your house then make damn sure no one is recording you but you can't reasonably expect the rest of us to be like "oh, that doesn't count" just because.

Honestly, you should live your whole life on camera and see how you are judged.

this is fkn terrible ..

so you're ok with people going around secretly taping others, baiting them into saying controversial things and then leaking the tape and ruining the person ? .. pretty wicked there if you think that's ok ..

plenty of lot of people have said shit in private that would be controversial if heard out loud ? you think all of those people deserve to be ruined/made into a pariah/forced to give up all their investments ? .. some of you need to get outside of your emotional bias and think of the bigger picture

Actually, I never said recording him without his permission is okay. However, it still doesn't erase what he said. It doesn't change the fact that people will (and should) have negative reactions to what he said. You're always responsible for what comes out of your mouth, period.

Honestly, you should live your whole life on camera and see how you are judged.

This simply reinforces my belief that most of you are closet racists and are fighting for your own rights to be racist outside of the public view and are afraid of what might come if your views became public.

This simply reinforces my belief that most of you are closet racists and are fighting for your own rights to be racist outside of the public view and are afraid of what might come if your views became public.

The whole you must be racist cause you believe in freedom of speech and privacy. That's pathetic as it is predictable.

Al Sharpton called, he wants his race card back..

Actually, I never said recording him without his permission is okay. However, it still doesn't erase what he said. It doesn't change the fact that people will (and should) have negative reactions to what he said. You're always responsible for what comes out of your mouth, period.

And how about less derailing, this is about Magic Johnson and his spreading of the AIDs. Though in your worldview that's only 1/3rd as bad as saying a naughty thought.

so .. private conversations secretly recorded without authorization .. then leaked to the public without authorization .. you're perfectly ok with this ?

and stop acting like everyone is a saint and says nothing controversial behind closed doors .. some mean it .. some don't .. and some say things that are completely misinterpreted(for the worse) and ruin the person .. this is the problem .. and why this type of thing does not sit right with me whatsoever

so .. private conversations secretly recorded without authorization .. then leaked to the public without authorization .. you're perfectly ok with this ?

and stop acting like everyone is a saint and says nothing controversial behind closed doors .. some mean it .. some don't .. and some say things that are completely misinterpreted(for the worse) and ruin the person .. this is the problem .. and why this type of thing does not sit right with me whatsoever

You must be a closet racist. Funny I didn't see you at the last cross burning.

You must be a closet racist. Funny I didn't see you at the last cross burning.

you got me lol ..

seriously though .. it's funny how people react to this .. but more serious actual offenses are completely glossed over depending on who the person is(a favorite sports athlete of yours) .. hypocrisy everywhere ..

everyone is blind to the principle of the situation because you all want this guy's head on a platter .. people salivating at the thought of this guy being ruined .. over words uttered in private .. you're all no better than the 'racist' you want to see burn ..

like I said, don't ever complain about your privacy being breached if this ever happens to you or your family .. because everything is fair game apparently

Last edited:
All people that pass on AIDS are all murderers

thats a pretty fucking stupid thing to say. do you only think that about AIDS, or all infectious diseases? people catch shit all the time. if someone did it intentionally I would agree, but simply being sick doesn't make someone a murderer

D. Sterling has shown clear signs of narcissism by only refusing to accept responsibility for his blatant slave master mentality. If we can accept that narcissism is a legitimate personality disorder we can accept his complete ousting of the league regardless of what he says about Magic or anyone else, period. He just needs to disappear.

It isn't just about what he said, though what he said was what finally did him in. He has a history of discriminating and harassing Black and Hispanic tenants. When this whole thing blew up, people looked into all the other stuff he did and the fines he had to pay for discriminating on racial or ethnic grounds.

Sterling is a piece of trash, but I don't get how they can force him to sell based on PRIVATE statements.

Back