Did Sterling have a point about Magic Johnson?

Hollywood Nicky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As a lifelong lakers fan magic has always been a hero to me, but in hearing sterling talk about him, i kind of came to a conclusion, magic isn't all he's cracked up to be. he's a womanizer, he slept around so much with so little maturity that he contracted hiv and nearly passed it on to his wife. in fact, how many women did magic pass it on to? i mean, hiv takes some time to show up, in particular when it comes to an athlete, so how many chicks did magic hook up with unprotected prior to him finding out? probably a few, that he was smart enough to pay off.

i don't like sterling, i don't like what he said, but how is he the devil and the womanizer, magic, some holly near jesus figure? i think sterling needs to go, but should magic be the one leading the charge for this? i say no, magic isn't as bad as sterling, but he's pretty dang bad. and all these liberal pc police are giving him a pass on pretty much everything he's done. i don't mean to shoot the messanger, but people in glass houses too you know?

what say you?

For all we know Donald Sterling has aids, and he got it from magic screwing his woman back in the day.

He does seem to have alot of hate directed solely at Mr johnson, and for all we know there is a story behind that.

I'm not making excuses for the guy. The things he said are unforgivable, but there may be more to this story.

I don't know his life story beyond the HIV part but your first point against him is stretching it. Ok he slept around which is bad, but you can't necessarily hold the HIV part against him if he didn't know, and if he did pay the women off well that kind of would be the right thing to do to cover medical cost and the disease he gave them.

Nothing in that really says he would be a bad owner.

You mean he's a womanizer like all other NBA players?

Does magic take advantage of poor communities?

I'm supposed to lose respect for Magic because he was able to score all the pussy he wanted and then when he found out he had HIV he went public and became a recognizable and acceptable face for a cause that the public was afraid of? If I'm going to not like Magic it's because he keeps talking shit on the Lakers.

As far as we know Magic didn't knowingly spread HIV.

Sterling ain't getting sh%t for womanizing, he is gettin sh$t for his racist views which was just the straw that broke the camel's back because in the grand scheme of things, the real damage done by Sterling was discriminating against and harassing Black and Hispanic tenants . Plus how he treated his son, if claims made by long time family friends are true.

Sterling is also a crazy creepy man according to childhood friends of the Sterlings, he would walk around the house naked in front of all and was allways beating his son. The son eventually committed suicide.

* Former longtime family friends claim what they say is the naked truth about disgraced LA Clippers owner's personal life

*Donald Sterling repeatedly beat his son Scott with a belt on his backside from the time he was four until his teen years - and the billionaire was IN THE BUFF when he did it, reveals Scott's best friend Phillip Scheid

*Sterling berated his son for taking too much food and using his hands. 'Stop being a little n***er', he yelled

*Born of Jewish parents, Sterling changed his last name. Christians, were on his hate list too: 'They're stupid and don't know how to make money'

*Scott, who died of a drug overdose last year, shot Phillip twelve times after a huge row and Phillip's sister Cheryl Bogart claims Scott caused her to fall out of a third-storey window. Both blame cold-hearted Sterling

*Cheryl was just 15 when she found herself alone with Sterling at his pool. He asked her to take off her bikini. She was mortified.

*He was served the same meal - lamb chop, noodles and salad - by the cook every day and he ate in the kitchen, also in the nude

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pped-son-belt-told-stop-eating-like-n-er.html

How many people has Sterling Killed?

How many people has Magic killed, passing that shit on, even if it was unknowingly.

And you can't say that he can't really be blamed because he didn't know he had it. If he hadn't been laying the pipe to 100s of women and stayed at home then he never would have gotten it.

It was his shitty actions that lead to him getting it and passing it on.

How many people has Sterling Killed?

How many people has Magic killed, passing that shit on, even if it was unknowingly.

And you can't say that he can't really be blamed because he didn't know he had it. If he hadn't been laying the pipe to 100s of women and stayed at home then he never would have gotten it.

It was his shitty actions that lead to him getting it and passing it on.

Are y0u saying all people with AIDS are murderers? or just Magic?

how many lives of gambling addicts did magic destroy by not making enough or too many baskets? how does he sleep at night?

For all we know Donald Sterling has aids, and he got it from magic screwing his woman back in the day.

He does seem to have alot of hate directed solely at Mr johnson, and for all we know there is a story behind that.

I'm not making excuses for the guy. The things he said are unforgivable, but there may be more to this story.

i think he feels magic is trying to steal the clippers from him. plus, who wants to have a womanizing dude like magic leading the charge to throw him out of the nba?

I don't know his life story beyond the HIV part but your first point against him is stretching it. Ok he slept around which is bad, but you can't necessarily hold the HIV part against him if he didn't know, and if he did pay the women off well that kind of would be the right thing to do to cover medical cost and the disease he gave them.

Nothing in that really says he would be a bad owner.

he was married and he slept around with thousands of women unprotected in the 1980's when we all knew the dangers. then he went home and had unprotected sex with his wife. he's a womanizer. plain and simple, and i've been a magic fan since i was in grade school.

As a lifelong Lakers fan, you already knew Magic was a womanizer!
And I don't think Magic is leading the charge to oust Sterling. Magic is just one of a thousand who want him gone.
The public....that is who is leading the charge.

Bottom line for Sterling is this: If he stays, sponsors and personnel go. That's enough to warrant him leaving as far as the NBA is concerned.

i think he feels magic is trying to steal the clippers from him. plus, who wants to have a womanizing dude like magic leading the charge to throw him out of the nba?

So you want he who is without sin to cast Sterling out? Good luck with that. Womanizing is pretty low on the totem pole of bad things executives have done.

Are y0u saying all people with AIDS are murderers? or just Magic?

I said he killed them, it may have been by accident, but they are still dead.

If your blatant actions of screwing everything that walks leads to you getting something and then passing it on and people die, then that is on you. Again If he had kept his ass at home with his wife then he would of never been in the position to begin with.

If I drink and get a little tipsy and then kill someone driving, I am responsible even though I didn't mean to get tipsy. A person is still dead.

he's a womanizer, he slept around so much with so little maturity that he contracted hiv

he *was* a womanizer. i have no idea about his life 20+ years later.

sterling's assessment is so stark: "he should be ashamed of himself!" should he live in perpetual shame? should he have disappeared from public life forever? does his earlier pattern of negative behavior make all subsequent achievements less noteworthy? that's basically what sterling was implying and sterling basically thinks magic has done nothing worthwhile in his life.

meanwhile, sterling seems to have been having an extramarital affair of his own with that plastic looking woman who betrayed his trust.

finally, what magic did was take a negative (his HIV) and turn it into a positive--he became the first high profile HIV positive hetero man and he owned it and tried to educate the public accordingly. there's no shame in moving on and trying to turn a wrong into a right.

IMO sterling sounds unhinged, judgmental, and spiteful. oh and racist too.

meanwhile, sterling seems to have been having an extramarital affair of his own with that plastic looking woman who betrayed his trust.

Right.
And that isn't the reason he is in hot water.

Magic did reveal to the world his faults long ago in countless videos. Hopefully a changed man gearing towards responsibility. Sterling was correct about Magic past but we can't live entirely in the past. We have to conquer the present weaknesses that deteriorates humans development. If a guy like Sterling can't admit his wrongs how can he become better? No one can improve unless the admit to doing or thinking incorrectly. He will just keep on having uncomfortable employees surrounding him that are uneasy. A work place should be full of chemistry the good kind not fear or uneasiness. You can already tell by the employees, players, coaches, fans they don't want Sterling. Why do they still have Magic and why is he persevering maybe because he has perspective and they find him to be more human and reasonable.

So you want he who is without sin to cast Sterling out? Good luck with that. Womanizing is pretty low on the totem pole of bad things executives have done.

Womanizing and spreading a deadly disease is pretty low on the CEO pole?

It is amazing how cheating has gotten a free pass in society today.

Cheating and spreading a killer disease=forgiveness

Selling crack and stabbing people=forgiveness

80 yr old saying racist shit to a golddigger= worst person ever

As a lifelong lakers fan magic has always been a hero to me, but in hearing sterling talk about him, i kind of came to a conclusion, magic isn't all he's cracked up to be. he's a womanizer, he slept around so much with so little maturity that he contracted hiv and nearly passed it on to his wife. in fact, how many women did magic pass it on to? i mean, hiv takes some time to show up, in particular when it comes to an athlete, so how many chicks did magic hook up with unprotected prior to him finding out? probably a few, that he was smart enough to pay off.

i don't like sterling, i don't like what he said, but how is he the devil and the womanizer, magic, some holly near jesus figure? i think sterling needs to go, but should magic be the one leading the charge for this? i say no, magic isn't as bad as sterling, but he's pretty dang bad. and all these liberal pc police are giving him a pass on pretty much everything he's done. i don't mean to shoot the messanger, but people in glass houses too you know?

what say you?

Did he get the negative treatment when he first announced his infection?

Back