Did Rory embarrass Ellenberger?

doomy200

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know Rory MacDonald got a lot of crap for his performance against Ellenberger on Fox, but I am one of the people who was really impressed.

My question is, do you think he embarrassed Ellenberger? I know neither guy took much damage, but when all you have to do is flash your jab in someone's face and they have no answer for 3 rounds, it makes you look really bad.

I would go as far as saying Rory really embarrassed Ellenberger in that fight and made him look amateur.

Ellenberger embarrassed himself...talking shit only to have a staring contest with Rory for 3 rounds

Embarrass? No. Win in a safe, if unspectacular manner? Yes.

It was the exact type of performance you'd expect for "the next GSP".

He schooled him, but it was boring. He even used the "high elbow block"
1st in in this video
[YT]imwGeX1SRFk&hd=1[/YT]

In the Maia fight, he added a good right hand. He's very hard to counter because of his timing(unpredictability) and punching technique. He gets outstruck when you go for flurries on the inside, but on the outside he can just sit back and stick that stiff jab any time he wants + mix up well timed rights. His weakness is low kicks, cause he looks to box too much and it shown in the lawler and che mills fight.

Last edited:
This gif sums up their fight.

karate_kids-93148.gif

They embarrassed themselves.

lol I disagree.. Only one person actually landed in the fight

yeah, 3 and a half jabs in 15minutes.
both embarassed themselves. that fight screamed FIX for a rory gsp showdown

yeah, 3 and a half jabs in 15minutes.
both embarassed themselves. that fight screamed FIX for a rory gsp showdown

Screamed fix? Why? I don't think anyone was screaming to see Rory in a title fight after that snoozer. Everyone was happy as shit when Lawler beat him down.

No. Ellenberger embarrassed Ellenberger.

Ellenberger had no answer to Rory who has good footwork and range. It's not like he was on his way to winning, then lost. He just wasn't as good.

Lol Ellenberger talked a lot of trash in this fight and needed this win to get a ts.
he just couldn't handle rory's jab/footwork/distance control. Ellenberger spent most of his time feinting and then got popped by a jab.
Rory doesn't set up his strikes, he lets the strikes set up for themselves.

Last edited:
Back