Did Rory embarrass Ellenberger?

Ellenberger ate a hard right hand at the very beginning of that fight. After that shot he was timid.

Rory just out struck him with Jabs. That is boring but impressive.

Rory gets a lot of stick for the Ellenberger fight.. but Jake did absolutely nothing to try and win that fight... Rory fought the smart fight... it didn't win him any fans, but a win over Ellenberger is a big deal... that being said I think Jake is a hell of a fighter, who matches up well with much of the division, and if he approached Rory differently, he could redeem himself from that performance..

This gif sums up their fight.

karate_kids-93148.gif

They embarrassed themselves.

Agree with this. Both were embarrassing.

Rory should have been cut after that performance and Jake should have had his pay cut and one last opportunity to redeem himself. MacDonald's Canadian citizenship has saved him though.

He schooled him, but it was boring. He even used the "high elbow block"
1st in in this video
[YT]imwGeX1SRFk&hd=1[/YT]

In the Maia fight, he added a good right hand. He's very hard to counter because of his timing(unpredictability) and punching technique. He gets outstruck when you go for flurries on the inside, but on the outside he can just sit back and stick that stiff jab any time he wants + mix up well timed rights. His weakness is low kicks, cause he looks to box too much and it shown in the lawler and che mills fight.

Yeh a lot of people don't notice but he has a good straight right.

Ellenberger more so embarrassed himself. He threw next to nothing

That fight wwas so awful I cant grasp a single good thing from it.

I had such high hopes from that fight. They were both embarrassing to see.

I would say Jake is the one that made himself look bad more than Rory looking impressive. Jake was too tentative, gave Rory too much respect and pretty much just let me himself get jabbed away into decision. Usually Jake is a more get in your face type of guy which he did do in the fight in like the last 10 seconds but yeah, a bit too late.

i was embarassed, i have no idea by who, so i blame both, especially Ellenberger.

Rory was practically doing the same thing he does every fight and I find that embarrassing.

Back