Did Patrick Cummins make a mistake?

"he will be remembered"

How? I remember him like "yep, he did fight in ufc". How many OD's etc we need before people understand how overrated fame is? If you are "average dude" who feel fine thats awesome.

Most important thing is how he feel about this.
It's funny at first this thread seems crazy but when you think about what you really get out of being a below average UFC fighter it gives you something to think about. Yes you get to escape the cog in the machine life but what do you really get when you think about it.

From what I have seen on his IG he's enjoying life. He would regret not trying. He had a respectable career, he took a risk. I think he can always work as barista somewhere. He probably earned some extra bucks.
He can work as a barista somewhere but now unions are forming at Starbucks and they'll be able to make a living wage with benefits and a good working environment. I'm not sure what kind of long-term injuries Cummins has sustained. Maybe he's one of the lucky few with no injuries or CTE.

Did Cummins make a mistake coming to the UFC? He had his job at Starbucks and choose to leave to fight in the UFC. He made a few bucks but now he's lost his seniority and his place at a thriving corporation. Now that Starbucks employees have started to unionize and fighting back against corporate greed Cummins doesn't get a chance to experience a fair wage, benefits and good working conditions. If he stayed at Starbucks he wouldn't have injuries and possible CTE. It seems like a poor career choice. At least he had the 'high' of people cheering his name. Nobody is cheering the barista on while he/she or whatever gender pronoun they prefer are making a frappaccino.
Screw Starbucks. Their Coffee sucks and everyone there (most everyone that I've encountered) identifies by 50 Genders and hates America.

Cummins getting away from Starbucks was the best thing for him IMHO.

Fighting in the UFC >>>> Working at Starbucks.

End of Discussion lol

what a random ass thread i don't think anyone has even thought about this guy in years. Who the fuck cares? No one.

Chasing a dream of working for Dana White? You get grinded up like Human Sausage and spit out with a couple of bucks in your pocket while 'Dana and Friends' make millions. A guy like Cummins had almost no chance to make big bucks and took damage that he will have to pay for in the future without healthcare from the UFC. He made garbage money as well. Starbucks is unionizing now and wages will rise to a living wage. Add in benefits and maybe even profit-sharing and a pension and maybe a barista is the better job.
Clearly, you missed the point.

Play it safe then, you glorified barista.

If you want to be remembered then the UFC is the way to go. Maybe the better job might be Starbucks right now if you can get into a union store.
do you work at Starbucks yourself? or your girlfriend? or other family member?
Serious question.

We can put that thread in the strangest one yet …

Did Cummins make a mistake coming to the UFC? He had his job at Starbucks and choose to leave to fight in the UFC. He made a few bucks but now he's lost his seniority and his place at a thriving corporation. Now that Starbucks employees have started to unionize and fighting back against corporate greed Cummins doesn't get a chance to experience a fair wage, benefits and good working conditions. If he stayed at Starbucks he wouldn't have injuries and possible CTE. It seems like a poor career choice. At least he had the 'high' of people cheering his name. Nobody is cheering the barista on while he/she or whatever gender pronoun they prefer are making a frappaccino.

He probably made more in the UFC career than he would working 300 years at Starbucks

He probably made more in the UFC career than he would working 300 years at Starbucks
He made about 325k for 6 years in the UFC. That's a little over 50k a year minus expenses (coaches, travel etc..). Right now you could probably make 35-40k a year at Starbucks. No injuries, no Dana but you do have to work with the people with blue hair and noserings.

That's 1 hell of a random thread for today lmao good 1 TS & WAR Pat Cummins

Came here to talk shit about how dumb this thread is but I’m starting to think it has serious potential.

we need to see how much money he made in the ufc and weigh the possibilities of him becoming management. Also his health benefits were for sure better at Starbucks.

He done fucked up by leaving the prestigious employer known as Starbucks. THAT'S the true dream. Boy got his aspirations mixed up.

Cummins was underrated IMO. Since he talked a lot of crap then got smashed I think people held him high then when he got finished people tossed him away. He had some decent wins during his career just wasn't a top guy but got a lot of tough fights.
Yeah considering how much of a late starter he was, he had a respectable career had he got started earlier he could've had the potential to be at the least a consistent top 10 contender.

I follow him on instagram. Pat looks like he's living a good life, I highly doubt he regrets his decision, at worst case he can always go back to starbucks anyway not like they won't pretty much hire anyone at this point.

Back