Did Patrick Cummins make a mistake?

Eric Silva 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Did Cummins make a mistake coming to the UFC? He had his job at Starbucks and choose to leave to fight in the UFC. He made a few bucks but now he's lost his seniority and his place at a thriving corporation. Now that Starbucks employees have started to unionize and fighting back against corporate greed Cummins doesn't get a chance to experience a fair wage, benefits and good working conditions. If he stayed at Starbucks he wouldn't have injuries and possible CTE. It seems like a poor career choice. At least he had the 'high' of people cheering his name. Nobody is cheering the barista on while he/she or whatever gender pronoun they prefer are making a frappaccino.

Fighting will be around forevever. He'll be remembered. Starbucks may not be around forever and they won't remember him there.

Look man, or woman, or whatever a woman is to you...

If you're uncomfortable leaving Starbucks to get your ass kicked for a few years while chasing a dream, you could use your life as a waste while being pet on the head by your slave master.

Look man, or woman, or whatever a woman is to you...

If you're uncomfortable leaving Starbucks to get your ass kicked for a few years while chasing a dream, you could use your life as a waste while being pet on the head by your slave master.
Chasing a dream of working for Dana White? You get grinded up like Human Sausage and spit out with a couple of bucks in your pocket while 'Dana and Friends' make millions. A guy like Cummins had almost no chance to make big bucks and took damage that he will have to pay for in the future without healthcare from the UFC. He made garbage money as well. Starbucks is unionizing now and wages will rise to a living wage. Add in benefits and maybe even profit-sharing and a pension and maybe a barista is the better job.

Fighting will be around forevever. He'll be remembered. Starbucks may not be around forever and they won't remember him there.
If you want to be remembered then the UFC is the way to go. Maybe the better job might be Starbucks right now if you can get into a union store.

If you want to be remembered then the UFC is the way to go. Maybe the better job might be Starbucks right now if you can get into a union store.

Depends on your perspective. I don't care for Patrick Cummins but he took a chance in life and had the balls to step inside that octagon and will be remembered for ages in some form or another. Work is just work, we're all gonna be taking jobs and keep that routine up untill we die.

Depends on your perspective. I don't care for Patrick Cummins but he took a chance in life and had the balls to step inside that octagon and will be remembered for ages in some form or another. Work is just work, we're all gonna be taking jobs and keep that routine up untill we die.
He beat Jan Blachowicz who is a former champ, so he can always talk about that. He made 325k in career earnings minus expenses in 6 years in the UFC. That's a little over 50k a year. Now that the Starbucks employees are unionizing their wages are rising even before joining the union. The company is terrified of having employees protected by unions and is already giving them higher wages to calm them down. If he averaged 35k a year at Starbucks he would probably be better off from a financial and health point of view. I agree you can't put a price on life experience, fame and chasing the dream.

T.s works for starbucks confirmed...

Heres a thought...

Maybe he wanted to...you realize theres more to life then working for a unionized company for a standard wage like a bee in a colony
Of course you make a fair point. Do you think Dana preys on fighters who have this dream by underpaying them so they can escape the life of a 'colony bee'?

Lets be real if a bomb went off there would be any white girl left going to Starbucks getting a "pink drink."

Amateur brawler Barista challenges Olympic wrestler to a fight, gets his as kicked. Proceeds to grow questionable mustache. The end.

Thank you for chasing your dreams Mr. Cummins.

Getting a chance to main event a UFC pay-per-view and at the same time having a opportunity to chase a lifelong dream that you never thought you were going to get because people kept ducking you. Or work at a shitty Starbucks?

T.s works for starbucks confirmed...

Heres a thought...

Maybe he wanted to...you realize theres more to life then working for a unionized company for a standard wage like a bee in a colony

funny to feel the need to unionize when the whole job is handing people coffee the dam machines make it lol.. HEY!!! i want livable wage a house a car i know i only hand people things!!!!

Did Cummins make a mistake coming to the UFC? He had his job at Starbucks and choose to leave to fight in the UFC. He made a few bucks but now he's lost his seniority and his place at a thriving corporation. Now that Starbucks employees have started to unionize and fighting back against corporate greed Cummins doesn't get a chance to experience a fair wage, benefits and good working conditions. If he stayed at Starbucks he wouldn't have injuries and possible CTE. It seems like a poor career choice. At least he had the 'high' of people cheering his name. Nobody is cheering the barista on while he/she or whatever gender pronoun they prefer are making a frappaccino.
He was an assistant wrestling coach of mine in college -- he's a great dude, and is doing fine now I reckon haha

Maybe it's because I'm not a native english speaker, maybe it's because that last name is common to all of you. But after knowing what "cum" means and what "cumming" means, I could never understand how can you people say "Patrick Cummin" with a straight face

<Kpop01>

Back