Did Patrick Cummins make a mistake?

Did Cummins make a mistake coming to the UFC? He had his job at Starbucks and choose to leave to fight in the UFC. He made a few bucks but now he's lost his seniority and his place at a thriving corporation. Now that Starbucks employees have started to unionize and fighting back against corporate greed Cummins doesn't get a chance to experience a fair wage, benefits and good working conditions. If he stayed at Starbucks he wouldn't have injuries and possible CTE. It seems like a poor career choice. At least he had the 'high' of people cheering his name. Nobody is cheering the barista on while he/she or whatever gender pronoun they prefer are making a frappaccino.

I could have sworn Cummins was working at a Dunkin' Donuts but I could be incorrect.

lol at everyone responding to the OP as if he were being serious. Clear troll job, fellas.

You can only have a job as long as the company survives. Those drinks are already ridiculously high to the point that I have bought my own cold brew equipment for my coffee in most instances except when traveling. A union will likely raise those prices even higher in a time where inflation is already terrible. Cummins can get any one of numerous jobs at companies making similar money most likely

You can only have a job as long as the company survives. Those drinks are already ridiculously high to the point that I have bought my own cold brew equipment for my coffee in most instances except when traveling. A union will likely raise those prices even higher in a time where inflation is already terrible. Cummins can get any one of numerous jobs at companies making similar money most likely
Starbucks isn't going anywhere. Pay and benefits are going up now that the employees have union representation. The future is looking bright for Starbucks employees.

My girlfriend worked at Starbucks up until October of last year…

She would honestly complain about how shitty the job was and tell me horror stories about working there…

I couldn’t deal with the things she and her co-workers had to put up with.

Did Cummins make a mistake coming to the UFC? He had his job at Starbucks and choose to leave to fight in the UFC. He made a few bucks but now he's lost his seniority and his place at a thriving corporation. Now that Starbucks employees have started to unionize and fighting back against corporate greed Cummins doesn't get a chance to experience a fair wage, benefits and good working conditions. If he stayed at Starbucks he wouldn't have injuries and possible CTE. It seems like a poor career choice. At least he had the 'high' of people cheering his name. Nobody is cheering the barista on while he/she or whatever gender pronoun they prefer are making a frappaccino.
8/10

Would read again.

<mma4>

My girlfriend worked at Starbucks up until October of last year…

She would honestly complain about how shitty the job was and tell me horror stories about working there…

I couldn’t deal with the things she and her co-workers had to put up with.
The employees got sick of it during Covid and now they are forming unions and the company led by Howard Schultz are fighting back with various forms of 'union-busting'. If you've been keeping up with the story it's interesting given how Dana has been successful at squashing the fighters from forming a union.

Maybe it's because I'm not a native english speaker, maybe it's because that last name is common to all of you. But after knowing what "cum" means and what "cumming" means, I could never understand how can you people say "Patrick Cummin" with a straight face

<Kpop01>
As a non-native English speaker myself I never could understand how in English speaking person could name their child Dick, I mean seriously.

"he will be remembered"

How? I remember him like "yep, he did fight in ufc". How many OD's etc we need before people understand how overrated fame is? If you are "average dude" who feel fine thats awesome.

Most important thing is how he feel about this.

If he wants to be remembered, he should use a fake $20 bill at Starbucks and buy a venti mocha frappuccino.

False. I cheer my barista.

From what I have seen on his IG he's enjoying life. He would regret not trying. He had a respectable career, he took a risk. I think he can always work as barista somewhere. He probably earned some extra bucks.

Back