Media Did Ken Shamrock have small bone structure? he only weighed 205 pound at 6ft tall

I agree that he had a frail bone structure.

I don’t remember him ever winning a tournament. Could never get past the first round without an injury.

Shamrock looked like he weighed 230 or 240 but he only weighed 205 at 6 foot, but then I looked at his fight with Severn and you can see how small and skinny his ankles are he has really tiny ankles. So I'm guessing the reason he weighs only 205 even juiced to the gills is because of his tiny bone structure? Is he really 6 foot or more like 5'10?

Here is the Tale of the Tape time stamped

I'm 6'2 and weigh 214 pounds and I look skinny or tiny compared to prime Shamrock yet weigh more than him. its baffling how he only weighed barely 205 pounds at 6 foot with all those bulging muscles.
4R82OW_04FkzAgDosXD8Lwwmqeqig_1O34gzo029e6s.jpg

He was 5'10 probably, but yeah, tiny bone structure. Cyril Gane seems the same way. He's 6'5, maybe 6'6, and only 247 lbs despite having a ton of muscle and quite a bit of fat to lose before being legitamately ripped. Gane looks 260+ lbs haha.

And dude, I have the same issue as you! Haha. At 6'2 205 lbs I feel skinny. What ethnicity are you? I'm Punjabi and most of the men in my family are legitamately big boned.

fucking wasteland this shit and quit ruining sherdog. smdh
lol at "quit" ruining sherdog.

its been fucked since before may/mac.

i do agree though. lets make sherdog great again.

start handing out some yellowcards and bans already.

Shamrock was around 225 pounds in the cage. I remember more than a decade ago he did an interview, and he said he sometimes walked around as high as 235 pounds, and was usually around 225 pounds fight night in the UFC. 205 pounds was not Shamrock's fight night weight.

Shamrock looked like he weighed 230 or 240 but he only weighed 205 at 6 foot, but then I looked at his fight with Severn and you can see how small and skinny his ankles are he has really tiny ankles. So I'm guessing the reason he weighs only 205 even juiced to the gills is because of his tiny bone structure? Is he really 6 foot or more like 5'10?

Here is the Tale of the Tape time stamped

I'm 6'2 and weigh 214 pounds and I look skinny or tiny compared to prime Shamrock yet weigh more than him. its baffling how he only weighed barely 205 pounds at 6 foot with all those bulging muscles.
4R82OW_04FkzAgDosXD8Lwwmqeqig_1O34gzo029e6s.jpg

Damn bro you're small for a sherdogger.

I met him a couple years ago and he seemed like he was 5’10 the most . He probably juiced at some point in his life and got away with it because fighters weren’t really testedback then

"Probably", lol.

He's likely still juicing

I always thought he was 220+ also. They have that Steve Jennum at 5'10'' 215lbs and he wasn't near as thick as Ken.

He was 5'10 probably, but yeah, tiny bone structure. Cyril Gane seems the same way. He's 6'5, maybe 6'6, and only 247 lbs despite having a ton of muscle and quite a bit of fat to lose before being legitamately ripped. Gane looks 260+ lbs haha.

And dude, I have the same issue as you! Haha. At 6'2 205 lbs I feel skinny. What ethnicity are you? I'm Punjabi and most of the men in my family are legitamately big boned.
My family is from Jamaica, my father is short stocky and dark he worked the fields yams, plantains, sugarcane, etc, my mom is light skinned with Ethiopian bloodline also French and some other European blood I take after my mom I have golden complexion with hazel green eyes, and im tall and slim, my two older brothers are darker but only 5'7 and 5'8 but both of them played running back in high school and college and weighed 180 and 190 pounds, and stronger than me, way stronger.

Shamrock was around 225 pounds in the cage. I remember more than a decade ago he did an interview, and he said he sometimes walked around as high as 235 pounds, and was usually around 225 pounds fight night in the UFC. 205 pounds was not Shamrock's fight night weight.
Why did the UFC keep reporting it as 205 though?

I always thought he was 220+ also. They have that Steve Jennum at 5'10'' 215lbs and he wasn't near as thick as Ken.
Thats why im thinking its his bone structure he doesn't have a big bone frame or density, Severn said something like when he clinched with Ken he was light but strong at the same time and he knew he was on steroids cause usually a guy that light isn't going to be able to hang like that. Severn a top level Wrestler and is a big burly guy naturally stocky with big bone frame and Ken was able to hold his own when they would tie up.

lol this was the NHB days they didnt cut weight for that it was free for all man, Shammy fought at heavyweight as well.
If he was fighting open weight, then there's no point to this thread talking about how he looked fighting at 205.

He was no stranger to cutting weight, with actual wrestling in his background, and through much of his MMA career, he did fight in actual weight classes, which OP is referencing. So, if he's posting photos that are not him fighting as a LHW, fair enough. If the question is how someone who looks muscular could fight at that weight, my answer stands.

Of course they cut weight back then, if they wanted to make a weight class. This isn't a new thing. boxers have been having to make weight for their fights for decades and decades before the UFC existed. Same with freestyle, Greco-Roman, NCAA and HS wrestlers - and Shamrock was an outstanding HS wrestler, apparently..

Hector Lombard was jacked af and when I saw him at a local show he was barely taller than me and I am a 5ft4 manlet

Back