Did Gunnar Nelson hold the choke too long against Thatch?

Wrong. What you shouldn't be doing is cranking hard after the ref stops you. Tapping doesnt stop the fight, the ref does. This sub looks perfectly ok with me.

I seem to remember a fighter cranking subs after guys tapped. He kept getting fired.

Honestly I don't think it's anything big. He lets go within one one thousandth of a second counted out you barely finish saying the whole thing out loud while the referee touches his arm and he lets go. It's the effort of stopping the squeeze that makes it look like he releases it late.

Try it.

Uhhhh no dude, that was way longer than 1/1000th of a second...

honestly if this was palhares people would be losing it, im pretty sure of that.

It's a choke. He can hold it for a whole extra 5 seconds, it doesn't do lick.

honestly if this was palhares people would be losing it, im pretty sure of that.

You couldn't be any more wrong. Nobody cares about holding chokes for extra seconds.

Extra minutes? Now we're talking

You couldn't be any more wrong. Nobody cares about holding chokes for extra seconds.

Extra minutes? Now we're talking

I did a bit of research prior to this thread, nevermind this post.
Palhares has only held one submission over 1 second too long.
Sounds a bit like hating to me tbh.

It's all about the body triangle - that comes off at the same time as his hands, shows to me that he was letting to entirely once he confirmed the fight was stopped.

Some fighters hold onto position to celebrate for a moment or two.

It's only held too long if a brazilian does it.

That's how Sherdog works. take note.

It's only held too long if a brazilian does it.

That's how Sherdog works. take note.

That's bullshit and you know it. Palhares has a history of being a mental dwarf in these situations. Gunnar's hold for 0.5 seconds extra on a fucking choke does literally nothing, while Palhares are ending careers with his extra cranking after his opponent has already tapped.

I did a bit of research prior to this thread, nevermind this post.
Palhares has only held one submission over 1 second too long.
Sounds a bit like hating to me tbh.

Yeah I feel like people are overreacting to palhares too. People talk about him ending careers while all the fighters he "victimized" keep on fighting.

And when I asked for gifs of Palhares raking Shields eyes, nobody was able to provide, yet people kept repeating it like gospel.

I want to see him fight more. In the UFC would be even better. Too many whiny bitches around for that to happen though.

Yeah I feel like people are overreacting to palhares too. People talk about him ending careers while all the fighters he "victimized" keep on fighting.

And when I asked for gifs of Palhares raking Shields eyes, nobody was able to provide, yet people kept repeating it like gospel.

I want to see him fight more. In the UFC would be even better. Too many whiny bitches around for that to happen though.

It just sounds to me like hes deadly with submissions and for some reason people hate him. I was in a spell of not watching the UFC when he was around so im completely impartial to him. If you watch the video Lauzon did on his subs holding too long only one of them is over 1 second long, that is such a minute bit of time, its hard to believe anybody could do anything so intentionally bad in such a short time frame.

not a palhares fan by any stretch, i like to see the best guys fight, i dont like grapplers in general but i like the really good ones like Khabib.

NO, it doesnt look like it

I feel he did a nice job. He didnt keep cranking after Thatch tapped and let go when the ref stopped it.

There were a few GIFs of the Rake in different threads.

Back