Did Conor Mcgregor have the best standup in MMA?

No. He didn't even have the best standup in the division, let alone the entire UFC roster.

All of MMA? Getdafuckouttaheah.

Hell of a left hand though. Good instinct and above average feet. Good fight IQ. Excellent self-promoter. And good at cutting a lot of weight.

He was missed for a while when he retired but now he's just a funny piece of MMA history.

Who had the best standup in the division? The guy he knocked out in 13 seconds?

SMMHmG2S0WPp9Lc050HR5o5R7rtvAaxHaANmuI6Y2PA.gif

I clearly remember Nate outstriking him... Sure you can say Conor was winning the early exchanges, but Nate outboxed him.

Striker? No. He's a great puncher though, especially against smaller guys.

Not against Nate...he would've gotten torched by Anderson too

The best is a bit of a stretch, but everyone has their own, individual, criteria to determine who's the "best" or "greatest." I've never been overly impressed with his kicking game, but he possesses lightning quick hands and the ability to end a fight with either hand.

KRRP0u.gif

Right
6L0DXZ.gif

Left
tenor.gif

Right
tenor.gif

Right

The best pure stand up guy is probably izzy or maybe jones at the moment but prime silva was the best striker in mma

You're talking a different subject to @Steven_Universe . He's not talking about strike stats, but simply who won the striking matches.

He's arguably wrong, but for a different reason to the one you post. You could argue Nate outstruck him in the first fight, since you could say Conor ultimately lost the standup when he shot for the takedown.

"Did Nuggets have the best stand up in MMA"

Connie might be top 30 or 40?

Off the top of the head....

Cro Cop, Anderson, Sherk, Penn, Reem, Shogun, Lyoto, Boner Jones, DC, Kabob, Nasty Nate, Nick, Wonderboy, Fedor, Nog, Kharitonov, Alex Emelianenko, Werdum, Stipe, Gomi, Sakurai, Couture, Barbosa, Rory MacDonald, Moose, Uriah Hall, Robbie Lawler, Faber, Cruz, Garbrandt, Dillashaw, Edgar, Bendo, Pettis, Romero, Adesanya, Cowboy, etc.

All of them have better stand up than Connie.

Connie has hands and that's about it.

90% of those guys used a lot more than just hands in the stand up.

Oh, I absolutely can argue and have done so many times. But I'm not going to derail this thread by doing so.

The topic of this thread is did Conor have the best standup in MMA and that answer is pretty clear.

<{cruzshake}>
Technically you can argue it, but you'd have a hard time convincing people. You'd have to resort to running (and as history has shown, you have no trouble doing that). Btw, Conor was winning every second of that fight.

On-topic, I agree, the answer is clear. Conor is obviously the best striker in MMA history. I also echo the sentiment of your gif by shaking my head at anyone who'd question this.

Conor is up there, but Rumble is the real answer. I dont understand how so many people can watch Rumble's fights and not see he is/was the best striker. Even DC lost almost every exchange he had with Rumble standing, something which can't be said about Jones vs DC, for example.

A majority decision is not a decisive victory.
Dunno what you mean by "decisive victory", since that isn't a term @PurpleDrank used, but are you sure you're responding to his meaning?

Are you sure Purple isn't just saying that Conor clearly won, were one to score it correctly?

I think McGregor has top-shelf standup for MMA but no, it was not pretty clear. It was a very close fight.
A close fight can still have a clear winner. And he wasn't even necessrily saying it must be clear to you; but it obviously is clear to him.

Mcgregor won a decision in a pure standup fight, and it was pretty clear.

He won a close decision in a pure standup fight to a fighter not known to be one of the best strikers.

Back