Did Conor Mcgregor have the best standup in MMA?

Yes, but Diaz landed 2 more strikes, so he outstruck McGregor. Conor did land the more damaging shots of course, I'm not arguing that.
Outstruck and outlanded are different because of the damage and effects of the strikes. So i disagree with saying "outstruck"

It's tough to call one guy the best striker ever, but Conor has to be up there. He dominated a young Holloway and Poirier, he destroyed Aldo, he outclassed Alvarez, and let's be real, he smoked Diaz before he got tired. I know he should be able to pace himself much better, but this discussion is about pure skills, so I'm gonna ignore this aspect.

People who don't recognize what Conor did in the sport are too biased, honestly. You can hate the guy all you want, but for a long time he back it up, and it was exciting as hell, when he was about to fight. I believe he's passed it now, but I certainly wouldn't write him off against most fighters in the division. Let's forget about the hatred, he was dominated against Khabib as well, that doesn't mean he wasn't great in other fights. :rolleyes:

Outstruck and outlanded are different because of the damage and effects of the strikes. So i disagree with saying "outstruck"
Well using your logic, I could also make the case that if that fight had gone for 1 more round, Conor would have either been TKO'd or subbed. He BARELY won that fight, and that was clear.

I went back to the stats, and Diaz landed 2 more significant strikes. In total strikes, he landed 55 more strikes than Conor. So either definition of 'outstruck' you use here, it still works.

NO! Oh excuse me. What I meant to say was HELL NO!

I really can't think of anyone else.
Silva failed multiple drug tests.
GSP played it a little too safe. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)
Fedor was a good striker in his day.

But prime Conor reminded me of Joe Calzaghe with kicks knees and elbows.

iu

can't deny it this is some fucking lightning

Yes. But as soon as Conor stopped training width Ido his movement, speed and accuracy seemed to start deteriorating.

Don't think there is such a thing as best.

Too many stuff to take into consideration like height, weight, limb length, technique, speed, power...

But I think we can safely say that Conor is up there with the best of them.
True - it is troublesome to compare different eras of fighters (or any participants of any sport) against their contemporaries. Times change my friends and you too will get old. And when you do you'll remember a time when fighters you watched were the greatest.
In conclusion - respect greatness. Don't be a hater especially in a sport that you're a fan of.

"Did Nuggets have the best stand up in MMA"

Connie might be top 30 or 40?

Off the top of the head....

Cro Cop, Anderson, Sherk, Penn, Reem, Shogun, Lyoto, Boner Jones, DC, Kabob, Nasty Nate, Nick, Wonderboy, Fedor, Nog, Kharitonov, Alex Emelianenko, Werdum, Stipe, Gomi, Sakurai, Couture, Barbosa, Rory MacDonald, Moose, Uriah Hall, Robbie Lawler, Faber, Cruz, Garbrandt, Dillashaw, Edgar, Bendo, Pettis, Romero, Adesanya, Cowboy, etc.

All of them have better stand up than Connie.

Connie has hands and that's about it.

90% of those guys used a lot more than just hands in the stand up.

Last edited:
Prime Silva, Wonderboy, Jon Jones all put him to shame. Striking != left hand.

Conor is great at distance management and countering with his left hand. A very strong left hand, but still he’s not very varied in his approach. Khabib took the left hand away with his wrestling and by circling to the right and look what happened. He also gasses way too easily and gets tagged too much when tired out to be considered a great striker.

No. He didn't even have the best standup in the division, let alone the entire UFC roster.

All of MMA? Getdafuckouttaheah.

Hell of a left hand though. Good instinct and above average feet. Good fight IQ. Excellent self-promoter. And good at cutting a lot of weight.

He was missed for a while when he retired but now he's just a funny piece of MMA history.

You cant argue diaz won 3 rounds, thats clear imo. His best round was the third.
Oh, I absolutely can argue and have done so many times. But I'm not going to derail this thread by doing so.

The topic of this thread is did Conor have the best standup in MMA and that answer is pretty clear.

<{cruzshake}>

Back