Did Conor Mcgregor have the best standup in MMA?

Khabib does
tumblr_inline_pg7ps2nmbV1r6jb6k_540.gif
No, Khabib was able to land it because of the takedown threat
Even his coach ii think implied Mcgregor was the better striker hence the game plan was to take the fight to the ground obviously

Well using your logic, I could also make the case that if that fight had gone for 1 more round, Conor would have either been TKO'd or subbed. He BARELY won that fight, and that was clear.

I went back to the stats, and Diaz landed 2 more significant strikes. In total strikes, he landed 55 more strikes than Conor. So either definition of 'outstruck' you use here, it still works.
3 knockdowns.

Diaz got his ass kicked. Deal with it.

Im.not sure hes even the best at 155. How would he handle a guy like Teymur, who has great muay thai and is super durable,?

When he had a size & reach advantage his stand up looked very good. But countless fighters look good under those conditions. He didn't have the best stand up in mma, but it was the strongest part of his skill set.

Easily the best striker MMA has ever seen.

I mean, why do you think he gets so much hate here? Because sherdog hates ability and success since the natural sherdogger is bitter, sad and lonely.

His rep on here is testament to the fact
that Conor has the most ability and success in MMA ever.

1_WN675vy88i4dBvREKid__A.jpeg

Jon Jones is the best MMA Striker ever. Anderson is second.

Conor isn’t even top 5. He literally had one weapon.

outstruck by khabib lol

also mendes was fucking him up before gassing

By "wut" you're saying not only am I wrong, but my opinion is especially stupid?

You're talking about whether or not there's a consensus over who won, while @PurpleDrank, whom you originally responded to, is obviously talking about who he thinks won the fight. Thus, you failed to even respond to him, instead choosing to change the subject. I was talking about the same thing Purple was talking about, and wasn't aware you'd changed the subject.

Regarding your subject: I think you, me, and Purple all agree that many people disagree over the outcome of the fight. There, we settled that. Now, let's get back to what Purple was talking about. What are your thoughts on that?

IATYR

No offense but I am not very interested on a logical brain-teaser based on who said what and I don't even know to whom I responded.

That fight was a close fight any way you look at it and I disagree with anyone who thinks otherwise.

In my opinion that was a good fight and a good path for him to continue on....

Did Conor Mcgregor have the best standup in MMA?

Well kind of, but he got side tracked in my opinion to much to cover in short time, also the WIN OR LEARN thing did not work to be honest or it did not benefit him.

I actually thought hey maybe they are on to something in this new MMA era............ pfft wrong.

He should have stuck to what worked for him and surround himself with great standup coaches, trainers and martial artist with high rank and experience.

He should have worked harder at Standup perfecting it with Boxing, Muay Thai and some other techniques pulled from other arts that would refine him as a standup fighter.

He also should have focused on building his kicking repertoire and really having a thorough leg stretching program.

Also develop good techniques and methods to cut off the grappling attacks and turn it in favor of Standup where he was more comfortable and entertaining to watch.

So I partially give him some success but could have improved better at standup....... but he was not really into this but more about outcomes $$$$$$$

Is that a fair statement don't know...

<Fedor23>
Fair enough I guess.

We can play games of semantics but there is not a difference between clearly winning and decisively winning but I'm sure you know that already.

Lol better man than me. I, for one, have absolutely no interest in playing semantics with him.

For those who don’t want to read the last four pages, this is where we’re at.

1) TS is an obvious Conor nuthugger, and HE thinks Conor is the best striker in mma history.
2) TS has a July 2017 join date
3) The correct answer is obviously Silva and it’s not close.

Edit - also seeing as Overeem won a K1 Grand Prix there’s no doubt he’s a better all around striker than Conor

I also think that A.Silva is the GOAT striker in the UFC.
On the Reem comment: we have to be careful with such K-1 statements. I, for one, think that Gokan Sakhi shits on any striker in the UFC, but looking at the way he's gotten beaten up in the UFC I just can't say that.

He won a close decision in a pure standup fight to a fighter not known to be one of the best strikers.
So Khabib doesn't have great wrestling because he won a close decision to Tiabu right? Styles make fights and Nate's style is perfect for Conor's style and he still got beat.

Back