Did anyone see Nurmegomedov's shirt at the weigh ins?

yep, thats why all the adcc champs are sambo guys

How many sambo guys trained for these rules? How many ever competed in a qualifier?

On the other hand, how many BJJ guys trained and competed succesfully in Sambo?

This again? Can we just keep this to the original thread? I believe it was already posted in here.

Every martial art is guilty of the 'We're better than everyone else' mentality.

How many sambo guys trained for these rules? How many ever competed in a qualifier?

Adcc isn't bjj. Its for all grapplibg disciplines. Sambo guys have conpeted in it before

Oh hush can we all stop dick measuring? Half of the BJJ shirts out there make similar comments but it's okay because we're on the cool side of it. Who gives a shit if someone thinks Sambo is tougher or Jiu Jitsu is tougher. Rugby sure as hell is tougher and I don't have a problem with it; I'll keep doing BJJ. Do what you like, learn what you want, whatever.

Jeebus.

Exactly. We're one of the most pretentious martial arts there is. We act as if other grappling arts couldn't possibly approach Jiu Jitsu when they've got a hell of a lot to teach us.

Quality post.

Also, I don't know how dense you have to be to take that shirt 100% seriously.
1) He weighs in in that damn wig for God's sake!
2) He is weighing in in Brazil, before fighting a Brazilian, who has a BJJ black belt.

Of course he is trolling...

Oh hush can we all stop dick measuring? Half of the BJJ shirts out there make similar comments but it's okay because we're on the cool side of it. Who gives a shit if someone thinks Sambo is tougher or Jiu Jitsu is tougher. Rugby sure as hell is tougher and I don't have a problem with it; I'll keep doing BJJ. Do what you like, learn what you want, whatever.

Jeebus.

never seen a bjj tee that dissed another grappling art

Insecurity. People bitching about some dude trolling bjj are also the ones that probably come on here after UFCs where a BJJ guy loses and post about how BJJ is dead.

Quality post.

Also, I don't know how dense you have to be to take that shirt 100% seriously.
1) He weighs in in that damn wig for God's sake!
2) He is weighing in in Brazil, before fighting a Brazilian, who has a BJJ black belt.

Of course he is trolling...

Exxxxaaactly. Brazilians are super emotional though, and trolling them is like getting that sweet "IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE" moment in Pokemon. He did it cause he felt like it, not because of any campaign against BJJ.

Nurmagomedov is legit though. hes probably going to be winning this one..

well, the Gracie family founded jiu jitsu on its superiority over ALL other MArtial Arts, not only striking ones, so I think we all got a little bit of that somehow, specially when we are starting bjj...

It does not help that every argument is won by which grappling art is the most successful at adcc!

Not Rickson. The 1 in his 400-1 comes from Sambo. :icon_twis

Back