Did anyone see Nurmegomedov's shirt at the weigh ins?

Wanderlei Industries

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
546831_10151397224631276_1662663790_n.jpg

Oh lord....

Brazilians complain about stalling and knee reaping. Sambo dudes are tough as fricking nails, especially if they're Russian. Russia. Obviously there are tough BJJ dudes and wimpy Sambo dudes, but they are real. Gotta give them that.

Brazilians complain about stalling and knee reaping. Sambo dudes are tough as fricking nails, especially if they're Russian. Russia. Obviously there are tough BJJ dudes and wimpy Sambo dudes, but they are real. Gotta give them that.

I really dont have much respect for this guy.

I train BJJ and it's not easy. Probably one of the highest technical sports there is. Aint no one getting there black belt quick.

BJJ guys never have anything bad to say about other styles of grappling it's always from other styles who are insecure and jealous about BJJ being more popular.

I respect the art of sambo but this t-shit is weak. His Sambo didnt work against TIBAU as he squeaked a decision did it.

hope tavares knocks him out and the brazilian crowd boo him out the building

I really dont have much respect for this guy.

I train BJJ and it's not easy. Probably one of the highest technical sports there is. Aint no one getting there black belt quick.

BJJ guys never have anything bad to say about other styles of grappling it's always from other styles who are insecure and jealous about BJJ being more popular.

I respect the art of sambo but this t-shit is weak. His Sambo didnt work against TIBAU as he squeaked a decision did it.

hope tavares knocks him out and the brazilian crowd boo him out the building

Khabib's actions were far from classy, but how many times have Jiu Jitsu practitioners cast aspersions on wrestlers? For the love of God, the world's biggest MMA promotion was established as a showcase for their particular grappling art, BJJ literally boasts a billion dollar ego. Now is that to mean Sambo is superior to BJJ? Not even in the slightest, nor vice versa. At the end of the day we all lace up our shoes, pull on our gis or slip into our kurtkas with the same goal in mind, to better ourselves and our grappling art of choice. A little goodwill wouldn't kill any of us.

Does he even lift? My cousin has bigger arms than him, and she's six.

In fairness, his arms were big enough to allow him to beat one of the biggest and probably one of the most physically power LWs the UFC has in his last fight.

BJJ guys never have anything bad to say about other styles of grappling

I know there's another thread on the topic and I should probably close this one, but everyone knows that your statement above just isn't true. And yes I am a long time BJJ practitioner.

I know there's another thread on the topic and I should probably close this one, but everyone knows that your statement above just isn't true. And yes I am a long time BJJ practitioner.

Exactly. We're one of the most pretentious martial arts there is. We act as if other grappling arts couldn't possibly approach Jiu Jitsu when they've got a hell of a lot to teach us.

Exactly. We're one of the most pretentious martial arts there is. We act as if other grappling arts couldn't possibly approach Jiu Jitsu when they've got a hell of a lot to teach us.

well, the Gracie family founded jiu jitsu on its superiority over ALL other MArtial Arts, not only striking ones, so I think we all got a little bit of that somehow, specially when we are starting bjj...

well, the Gracie family MARKETED jiu jitsu as superior over ALL other MArtial Arts, not only striking ones, so I think we all got a little bit of that somehow, specially when we are starting bjj...

fixed.

Other than that I agree with the Arkansas woman 100%.

yep, thats why all the adcc champs are sambo guys

The standup-heavy grappling arts (including sambo) ARE much tougher than BJJ. Now, BJJ isn't EASY, but it definitely is a bit less rough, unless maybe you train with one of the craziest Carlson Gracie BBs.

In any event, I thought the t-shirt was funny.

He's ballsy for wearing that shirt in Brazil though. Gotta give him that.

Back