Did anyone foresee Conor turning into THIS?

I honestly thought Conor was never going to stop at one point. Guy was ready to fight again months after KOing Aldo and was back again months after the Nate loss. When he took the hiatus after the Floyd I thought he was going to less active or maybe even retire but holy shit, I did not see him turning into this. Everything he said during his prime, weakness, inactivity, yelling from the sidelines, is what he is doing right now but even if I'm not a fan anymore, it's sad to see him like this.

Literally everyone. Where have you been?

Looks like a fiend at midnight at a big city train station in Germany. Kids don't do drugs, they are stronger than you.

In before the few Conors fans left (lol) type up some smug insult and act like they don't care.

Kyle Craven, mickey, memes, Rage comic, Tears, sadness, Crying, feeling,  palm, Internet meme | Anyrgb

Once he took forever to even sign for a comeback fight, and subsequentially pulled out, it was kind of clear he wasnt fighting any more, is it about the money? Probably, but its not in him anymore, Canelo, Floyd, put in the work in and they have made so much more money than Conor, Pacquiao has been boxing for years, still puts the work in.

We all predicted he would become a fat cat and a parody of his former self with the millions and the fame.

Most people coming from a poor background can't deal properly with wealth, McGregor is one of them

His story = the story of thousands and thousands of pro athletes in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, boxers, etc.
This is mostly true, but Conor McGregor didn't come from a particularly poor background.

He has certainly handled his rise to wealth very poorly though.

This. It was very predictable. There was nothing in Conor's behavior that suggested he would handle success and fame well. The first time where i absolutely knew he was cooked long term was when his ties to the Dublin mob were exposed. He will have a very sad end.
The guy won his first $50k bonus while still poor AF and went out and bought an ivory suit and ivory gold pocket watch instead of settling his life affairs.

It's honestly astonishing he's handled his now far greater wealth as well as he has.

In 2014 maybe no. But by 2017 duh. The thing with Conor is one part of the community has seen Conor this way for like 7 years and the other part has seen him as this iconic figure and has slowly had to be weaned off the crack.

Definitely sad. His meteoric rise was unlike anything ever seen in the history of the sport. Although he was always an eccentric, he was also very philosophical and charismatic early on.

Both Lesnar and Rousey had a more "meteoric" rise than McGregor....

So did Alex and arguably Izzy.

That is if you are talking about MMA Championship runs and not Twitter numbers.

Back