Did anyone else think Dominick Cruz called a great fight on Saturday?

I noticed during the TJ/Sandhagen fight how Dominick Cruz started talking about how effective TJ's leg kicks were. He grouped himself, Sandhagen and maybe one other fighter (I can't remember exactly) and how leg kicks were slowing down Sandhagen's movement (which they were). He stated how leg kicks in general are a good weapon to use against guys with movement heavy styles. When Dominick Cruz fought TJ, Dom limped out of the fight at the end and blamed it on his plantar fascitiis. Now i'm not saying Dom doesnt have plantar fasciitis (Dom and his doctor would know better) but what I am saying is his plantar fasciitis started really acting up when TJ started blasting him with leg kicks. The book is out now on how to beat Dom (and yes he's also a little more out of his prime) but I thought it was great honest analysis in the heat of the fight.
Well that's pretty obvious. TJ would have comfortably beat Dom had he used leg kicks heavily from the opening gate. As soon as he started using them, Dom was fucked. I still think TJ did enough to earn the win over Cruz, personally.

Well that's pretty obvious. TJ would have comfortably beat Dom had he used leg kicks heavily from the opening gate. As soon as he started using them, Dom was fucked. I still think TJ did enough to earn the win over Cruz, personally.
me too

I'm pretty sure Cormier has mentioned in the past on the DC/Helwani show that whenever he commentates with Cruz, he has to bring his A game more than usual. Cruz ain't there to joke around like Rogan and Bisping.

Back