Did anyone else think Dominick Cruz called a great fight on Saturday?

Commentators did a good job that night. Dom did not seem biased during the TJ fight imo.

It's always better when Rogan isn't there. It's becoming painfully clear that Rogan ruins the commentary with his bias, cringe remarks and unprofessional attitude and has a bad influence on DC's commentary.

I like Rogan generally, but very much agree here. He either doesn't care or is inescapably stuck in 2011. Commentary is affected a lot by the dynamic and mixture of personalities. Dom is great when doesn't think he needs to assert himself (like when Rogan or Bisping are there).

I didn't notice the commentary very much this card (which is generally a good thing). It should enhance the experience of watching the fight of and not be sideshow distraction unto itself.

Yeah Dom was unbiased in his commentary during the fight. He called it pretty straight forward.

Cruz is the best commentator in the UFC right now, they should let him commentate every week. Fire Bisping, DC and Rogan.(DC is my fav fighter of all time but he sucks at commentating, always talking over other commentators etc.) Cruz, Felder + Anik/Fitzgerald is the best possible combination as of right now.

I agree that DC is turrible. Cruz is good and is still improving when most commenters plateau after a year or so. His biggest problem has always been chemistry with his fellow announcers, especially Rogan, but he's better at leaving the ego aside alongside DC.

till this day i'd take rogan/goldie over anybody

Whole commentary was fine except when odds kept being talked about. At least no Anik to inform us of who has a paternity case and if Meisha Tate is still breastfeeding.
But...but who will inform us when the complexion of the fight is changing?!?!

Cruz is the best commentator in the UFC right now, they should let him commentate every week. Fire Bisping, DC and Rogan.(DC is my fav fighter of all time but he sucks at commentating, always talking over other commentators etc.) Cruz, Felder + Anik/Fitzgerald is the best possible combination as of right now.

What about snoop dog? Don't forget him. I am fine with them but Rogan when he gets biased. But Cruz and Felder are good together.

Cruz is growing on me. Thought he did a solid job Saturday and was the best one at the commentators desk.

should’ve been yanked for the Dillashaw throw-down

DC tried to show the fighters some love, but bitter Cruz tried to poo-poo it

I find it interesting that in exchanges against the fence and on the ground, Cruz and Bisping always describe the best available way out for the fighter who is being pinned, and they usually do it. Meanwhile whatever DC says, the fighters always do the exact opposite.

I noticed during the TJ/Sandhagen fight how Dominick Cruz started talking about how effective TJ's leg kicks were. He grouped himself, Sandhagen and maybe one other fighter (I can't remember exactly) and how leg kicks were slowing down Sandhagen's movement (which they were). He stated how leg kicks in general are a good weapon to use against guys with movement heavy styles. When Dominick Cruz fought TJ, Dom limped out of the fight at the end and blamed it on his plantar fascitiis. Now i'm not saying Dom doesnt have plantar fasciitis (Dom and his doctor would know better) but what I am saying is his plantar fasciitis started really acting up when TJ started blasting him with leg kicks. The book is out now on how to beat Dom (and yes he's also a little more out of his prime) but I thought it was great honest analysis in the heat of the fight.

dude when I heard dom talk about plantar after that fight, I thought, really? You went through 3 ACL surgeries but plantar slowed you down? Then a couple years later I woke up with plantar in both of my feet, I literally couldn’t even walk to go to a doctor. I felt like both my feet had been snapped in half and it took me about 3 days just to be able to walk again and I couldn’t believe dom won the title back dealing with that shit haha

I mentally tuned him out when he said Hannah Goldies td and awful gnp won her a fight she was dominated in.

he was good, and this is coming from someone who usually finds him to be a smug cunt

i think he just doesn't have good chemistry with Brogan, they're always trying to one up each other. With DC or Bisping he's good

My guess is Cruz gets off his game with DC commentating with him. DC says some crazy shit quite a bit and I guarantee you Cruz is shaking his head consistently and just biting his tongue.

My problem with Cruz is he’s not excitable. He just stays composed and monotone. I like Rogan losing his mind when a finish happens. I get that a lot of ppl do t care for it. But it’s a necessity for a big fight, for me.

Cruz was getting sucked into DC's repetitive catch phrases a little, but he is still good to go in my books. DC 's good when discussing the 'rasslin' sequences... and that's about it.

A fun drinking game to play when DC's on the mic involves taking a shot when you hear:

"Oh, he's hurt BAD!"

"Goodness!"

"That was a NASTY (insert attack here)"

Every commentator has their thing, but DC's worse than anyone I've ever heard wrt this.

He grouped himself, Sandhagen and maybe one other fighter (I can't remember exactly) and how leg kicks were slowing down Sandhagen's movement
The other fighter was Demetrius Johnson. It stood out to me, because I immediately thought that they probably don't want Cruz mentioning him.

I agree except I think Bisping is a lot better than Rogan and DC even though Bisping is still biased at times. Rogan and DC are garbage now.

Whole commentary was fine except when odds kept being talked about. At least no Anik to inform us of who has a paternity case and if Meisha Tate is still breastfeeding.

You just know half of Sherdog went to rub one out after that was said.

Back