Did anyone else think Dominick Cruz called a great fight on Saturday?

I'll take Bisping and Cruz over Rogan currently. Cruz will never live the making him tired while getting punched in the face line, but overall he's really good when he is not being combative on the mic as he is with Rogan. Rogan, Buffer & Arianny need a to be phased out, IMO.

Yeah Dom was unbiased in his commentary during the fight. He called it pretty straight forward.

He did bring a lot less of the snark. But it's not as if he was head and shoulders above all other announcers in his insightfulness either. I'd say ditching the need to constantly prove how smart he is and what an idiot everyone else around him is improved Cruz to average.

People like to clown on UFC's commentary. Excluding dipshit Joe Rogan, it's better than boxing's commentary and all other mma organizations imo.

The other fighter was Demetrius Johnson. It stood out to me, because I immediately thought that they probably don't want Cruz mentioning him.
Thanks, I couldn't remember the third. I just thought his analysis was spot on and he wasn't being ego driven and trying to outsmart everybody.

Yep as long as Cruz keeps his natural douchiness in check he's great on the desk. I like when its him and bisping. Both knowledgeable but they're hilarious polar opposites of dom being the straight as an arrow style fella, and bisping getting his usual jokes and 1 lining in.

any broadcast commentator combination without DC is an absolute snoozefest

dude when I heard dom talk about plantar after that fight, I thought, really? You went through 3 ACL surgeries but plantar slowed you down? Then a couple years later I woke up with plantar in both of my feet, I literally couldn’t even walk to go to a doctor. I felt like both my feet had been snapped in half and it took me about 3 days just to be able to walk again and I couldn’t believe dom won the title back dealing with that shit haha
I'm not downplaying plantar fasciitis but I thought he was lying to cover up how effective TJ's leg kicks were when he gave his octagon interview after the fight. He didn't want people to be able to gameplan for him. I thought in the fight Saturday, he was finally admitting the truth. I think he understands there is a book on guys like him now.

Cruz is growing on me. Thought he did a solid job Saturday and was the best one at the commentators desk.
He's obviously smart and insightful. His problem is his humungous ego and fierce, competitive spirit. The things that make him a great fighter get in his way at being a better commentator at times.

I'll take Bisping and Cruz over Rogan currently. Cruz will never live the making him tired while getting punched in the face line, but overall he's really good when he is not being combative on the mic as he is with Rogan. Rogan, Buffer & Arianny need a to be phased out, IMO.

Bite your forked tongue! A hot woman, epic fighter introduction expert and the longest living MMA announcer? Jesus.

He did bring a lot less of the snark. But it's not as if he was head and shoulders above all other announcers in his insightfulness either. I'd say ditching the need to constantly prove how smart he is and what an idiot everyone else around him is improved Cruz to average.
It was understandable in the beginning, but looks bad on air. He knows what he's talking about and gets upset when someone else is saying something wrong. He isn't always right in his commentary but the moments he had issues he was obviously right and speaking from experience. But yes it has been toned down and the events aren't as awkward anymore lol.

Cruz is overall so well rounded fighter that he can explain to the audience what is going on, whats most probably gonna happen next, how the opponents strategy affects the game plan and how to adopt. Usually he is spot on. This is refreshing, as in the same time, you can get clear guidance to your own training if you are in to mma.

Lol dom wants to make tj look really good now, because dom beat him before. Makes dom look even more dominant.

Bite your forked tongue! A hot woman, epic fighter introduction expert and the longest living MMA announcer? Jesus.
No, im good. Buffer is flat out tiresome at this point, Arianny is reaching the end of her run & Rogan is clearly phoning it at most events at this point.

No, im good. Buffer is flat out tiresome at this point, Arianny is reaching the end of her run & Rogan is clearly phoning it at most events at this point.

Buffer is the only unique part of the introductions. Otherwise the UFC intro's look just like any other MMA organization.

Tiresome to you, awesome to me. And continues to be so. Odd you'd find it less tiresome if the UFC introductions looked like every other MMA promotion introductions, when that should make it more tiresome.

Buffer is the only unique part of the introductions. Otherwise the UFC intro's look just like any other MMA organization.

Tiresome to you, awesome to me. And continues to be so. Odd you'd find it less tiresome if the UFC introductions looked like every other MMA promotion introductions, when that should make it more tiresome.
I don't watch any other MMA promotions religiously like some folks here, im more of casual MMA fan nowadays and focus more entirely on the UFC. I been watching for a long time since 06 as a Tuf Noob, somethings just get tiresome to a degree especially when I just want the fights to just start. Buffer isn't my flavor, but I can't deny some fights especially when it's a championship or high stakes fight it gets me pumped, but when you see at every event all throughout the card it gets old quick. But hey good for you for still liking it.

Yeah that breastfeeding comment and awkward silence after was fucking really strange.
Anik is a moron. I bet he thinks people are interested in his obscure facts about fighters that has nothing to do with fighting.

Bring in Conor to commentate with Rogan and Anik.

Cruz is the best commentator in the UFC right now, they should let him commentate every week. Fire Bisping, DC and Rogan.(DC is my fav fighter of all time but he sucks at commentating, always talking over other commentators etc.) Cruz, Felder + Anik/Fitzgerald is the best possible combination as of right now.
I like Felder but his voice isn't good for commentating. And he is not too great at it either.

Anik is a moron. I bet he thinks people are interested in his obscure facts about fighters that has nothing to do with fighting.

Anik is the Anti-Jock -- to balance meathead analysis of the jocks

Jock (especially Champs) commentators lend gravitas and insight to the broadcast -- battle tested "experts"

Rogan is the hybrid fight fan-entertainer -- with commentary that test the boundaries of sanity and reality

Last edited:
Back