Diaz will beat Lawler decisively and then face Usman

Lol Diaz is gonna get destroyed in like 30 seconds
I think Lawler has too many miles on him and the size advantage Diaz will have in this fight will be too much. I think Diaz obliterates Lawler. People shouldn’t take too much from the Diaz shadow boxing gifs. He is fresh, has been doing triathlons, and people forget what a volume striker he was. Hobbie is not the same fighter he was 7 or 8 years ago, neither is Diaz obviously, but I still think he comes in fresh

and then Diaz will become the guy everyone and his mother calls out. UFC will have no choice other than to milk him in one last big fight. Usman will face Diaz for the title early next year and absolutely bludgeon him into retirement
Look at the fanbois going head to head.
Adorable

I find it way more likely that he'd retire again and go box a Paul brother.

I'm telling you. Nick and Nate v. Paul brothers PPV.

Nah, most likely gets rekt by Lawler, and whats up with the 185lbs late change? Lawler avoided discussing that on the media scrum, but i doubt he was too thrilled about it, unless it came with some decent compensation, cause he made the work to fight at 170, 185 would've meant a better camp for him, and basically no weight cut at the end.

it will absolutely happen if he wins. Diaz is too old and UFC would be dumb not to milk him one last time

Oh I could definitely see it happening. I'm just picturing Leon giving an interview about it.

<36>

We literally have no clue what Nick will look like. He trains regularly with Nate and other members of their camp and his level of fitness isn't in question. Plus the time off means any lingering injuries he had should be healed up.

He's either going to look terrible and lose a lopsided decision due to sheer toughness or he's going to beat the everliving shit out of Lawler and this forum will go nuts.

I'm hoping for the latter :)

To be honest I think a fight between Nick and Masvidal would make way more money than Nick vs Usman. So I think he'll be fighting Masvidal next.

This actually would make some sense. Make it for the BMF belt and it will sell very well with the casuals. It’s a much more competitive fight on paper and doesn’t delegitimize the actual belt. I’m for this idea, but I can still totally see UFC trying to give him a title shot.

Would be epic but there's no evidence that it will happen.
Diaz does not look good IMHO.
My bet is its going to be a single fight and he will disappear again.
Thats what i came specifically to say was Diaz looks rough. That shadow boxing clip of him, he looks completely out of shape and looks awkward. Granted it was a 10 sec clip but he looks like he just got off the couch to fight

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/9/...g-people-worried-about-his-chances-at-ufc-266

This actually would make some sense. Make it for the BMF belt and it will sell very well with the casuals. It’s a much more competitive fight on paper and doesn’t delegitimize the actual belt. I’m for this idea, but I can still totally see UFC trying to give him a title shot.
Yeah they can sell it as the big brother coming to avenge Nate. It would sell bigger than almost any title fight, and like you said it's win/win. It's a huge payday for everyone involved but doesn't hurt the legitimacy of the UFC belt. If Nick won that fight then you could talk about a possible title fight because then he beat a guy who just fought for the title.

Thats what i came specifically to say was Diaz looks rough. That shadow boxing clip of him, he looks completely out of shape and looks awkward. Granted it was a 10 sec clip but he looks like he just got off the couch to fight https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/9/...g-people-worried-about-his-chances-at-ufc-266

Above and beyond the looks, I'm more concerned about the mental side.
This does not feel like a determined fighter to me. Quite the opposite.
Contrast that with Volkanovski who feels like he could beat anyone at the moment, and has an aura of invincibility.

I'd laugh if Nick beats Robbie and gets a title shot before Leon.
266 post fight
dana- we sold a bajillion ppvs
John morgan- Is leon getting the next shot?
Dana- Look, Nick has been around forever. He just took out ex champ and one of the best ever at welterweight. The people obviously want to see Diaz.
He is getting the winner of usman colby and nate will be the co main in a 5 round make up a belt against conor.
drops mic walks off

If he beats Lawler they will for sure setup a fight with Usman lol. its going to do huge PPV numbers.

Then when diaz loses, they will setup a fight with masvidal for the intercontinental championship.

Even UFC could not work a way into giving Nick a title shot at WW.

Hell this fight is at MW and not even at WW FFS.

You can speculate, but will account bet you he does not get a WW title shot by beating Lawler

It feels like it's either gonna be Lawler totally dominant over a washed up Nick Diaz or Nick finding the warrior in him during the fight and winning after several rounds.

OP needs to re-watch Robbie piece up Ben Askren if he doubts where things can go. until Herb Dean worked his magic things were getting ugly.

it would be fun, I dont mind

Covington dick-riders still coping i see

I think Lawler has too many miles on him and the size advantage Diaz will have in this fight will be too much. I think Diaz obliterates Lawler. People shouldn’t take too much from the Diaz shadow boxing gifs. He is fresh, has been doing triathlons, and people forget what a volume striker he was. Hobbie is not the same fighter he was 7 or 8 years ago, neither is Diaz obviously, but I still think he comes in fresh

and then Diaz will become the guy everyone and his mother calls out. UFC will have no choice other than to milk him in one last big fight. Usman will face Diaz for the title early next year and absolutely bludgeon him into retirement
Usman needs to fight top contenders. Diaz isn’t one and won’t be if he beats Robbie.

Back