Diaz Used The Same "Out of Competition" Defense But Lost

This shit is fucked up...

also lol @ people assuming having traces of THC, etc in your system = "high in competition".

Didn't did have THC in his body, he had metabolites. Having THC would mean he was high. Plus you'd need a blood test to find THC.

Unless of course you're a magic Sherdog lab bro who reads total testosterone off urine test levels and also can probably calculate your total future life span from examining your dumps.

also lol @ people assuming having traces of THC, etc in your system = "high in competition".

I dont think anyone is (though it wouldnt be very far fetched to think he was considering who he is and what he wants to represent). The fact of the matter is that it sticks in your system much longer than something like cocaine so count the days accordingly. I mean the rules are fucking right there and not exactly hard to circumvent if you arent dumb.

This shit is fucked up...

THC is active so yes you would be technically high. The shit urine test finds metabolites which you can have for a VERY long time after smoking.

THC is active so yes you would be technically high. The shit urine test finds metabolites which you can have for a VERY long time after smoking.

Lmao......

youre not still high cause you have the chemical in your bloodstream 3 weeks later. It just takes a long time for your body to break it down because it is stored in the fat, which your body starts working through last

Lmao......

youre not still high cause you have the chemical in your bloodstream 3 weeks later. It just takes a long time for your body to break it down because it is stored in the fat, which your body starts working through last

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/marijuana_test.htm
Homie, you do not understand what I wrote and you do not know what THC is.

THC is active. You are high on it. THC does not remain in your body unchanged for very long. It is metabolized. That means chemically changed. Metabolites are inactive. Urine tests discover metabolites. Metabolites stay in your body for very long.

Storing THC in your body fat would be like storing beer in your ass.

I can't stand the NSAC especially that stupid blonde woman. The video of the hearing with Nick Diaz where NSAC basically fines him half a million (if you include opportunity cost) for smoking weed out of competition is one of the most disgusting things I've ever watched. I don't like how idiots can be running things and no one can stop them.

It's not that hard to understand. If Jones would have had the cocaine in his system post fight drug test like Diaz did with the weed he would have been suspended, maybe even stripped.

I can't stand the NSAC especially that stupid blonde woman. The video of the hearing with Nick Diaz where NSAC basically fines him half a million (if you include opportunity cost) for smoking weed out of competition is one of the most disgusting things I've ever watched. I don't like how idiots can be running things and no one can stop them.
The AC is shit and cheapo.

Agreeing with Diaz would have meant accepting their urine test is worthless which would mean stop testing for grass or implement expensive and dangerous (liability) blood testing. Diaz' lawyer made a ton of money and publicity without explaining that no matter the facts and law, the AC could not agree with Diaz.

Marijuana stays in the system for substantially longer & would also be found w/ post fight tests. So whilest "competing" he would've been on the substance.

It would have been testable in his system, but he would not have been "on it".

It only lasts for a few hours at the very best. Slightly longer if eaten, rather than smoked.

Try again

It would have been testable in his system, but he would not have been "on it".

It only lasts for a few hours at the very best. Slightly longer if eaten, rather than smoked.

Try again

To be exact, THC is in your system active for a couple of hours. Inactive metabolites stay much longer.

NSAC has no idea what they are doing, sherdog could run it better honestly, we have more competence.

It really is that fucking simple. Why even debate whether one got punished more than the other, they broke the rules regardless.

If it was really that simple there would not be for the rich & famous rehab centers treating your favorite athlete, musician, artist, etc.....

If it was really that simple there would not be for the rich & famous rehab centers treating your favorite athlete, musician, artist, etc.....

I'm not saying its "simple" to not become an addict, I dont give two shits about that. I'm just saying, these people have no one to blame but themselves for what they've done.

The wording of the rule basically makes it mean that if any of it is detected in the pre-fight/post-fight test then it's "in-competition." Doesn't matter if it's logical, that's just what the rules are. People should be arguing about changing the wording of the rules or the actual rules, and not be arguing about why Jones and Diaz situation are the same thing with different punishments

Nailed it.

So why should Jones be able to get away with the same argument as Diaz for use of cocaine, a much more serious drug? The NSAC acted like even testing for out of competition cocaine was a mistake. Does this mean that people can smoke pot out of competition with impunity now?

Because money runs things.

money.gif

Did Diaz fail a out of competition test?

Or did he fail the post/pre fight test?

Back