• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz reportedly 'pricing himself out' of 3rd McGregor bout

Yeah, just like Bisping was supposed to fight the winner of Romero/Withaker next.
Well that's not a great example he was going to fight him but Whittaker got injured.

Options such as:

1. Conor vs. Khabib (Khabib ragdolling Conor and pound him out.)
2. Conor vs. Ferguson (Conor getting walked down and destroyed by Ferguson's pace and cardio)

Nate knows the UFC need him in order to protect Conor.

He could very well beat Conor again too.

Well that's not a great example he was going to fight him but Whittaker got injured.
Ok, Bisping was supposed to fight Romero after Romero beat Weidman, then GSP came into the picture and well...the rest is history.

I've seen a bunch of articles lately that pretty much confirm my belief that McGregor vs Diaz 3 was the original plan. However, apparently Diaz is holding strong to his $20 million demand for the 3rd fight. McGregor has stated a couple times now that Diaz is pricing himself out of the 3rd fight with those demands.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/uf...r-Nate-Diaz-Trilogy-Fight-Pay-Demand-UFC-News

"Diaz is there, Nathan is there. He's sitting there, [...] But if he starts pricing himself out of an event, then I probably will defend against the winner of this interim belt or someone along that line to kind of legitimise it again."

Interesting that Diaz would potentially jeopardize this payday wish such insane demands. I did see a Diaz interview a month or so ago saying he wouldn't fight for less than $20 million dollars... but that sounded like his older brother Nick putting ideas in his head.

Clearly McGregor is going to command at least $20-30 million for this fight... and the UFC probably cannot afford to pay the two fighters a combined $50 million+. I'd say Diaz should take the 5-10 million he can get for the fight and count his lucky stars. The fight will like do 2 million PPV buys, and it will be his biggest payday yet. He should take the money and then retire.

I can see the UFC giving Nate $15 mill and Conor $25 mil. I think if they were to try to offer Nate $5 mil and Conor $25 that Nate's pride wouldn't let him take it.

Diaz brothers were fighting the best when McGregor was getting submitted in the minor leagues, it's amazing what hype can do.
And losing against the best. Nate got his big win against McGregor, but that doesn't mean his worth suddenly increased 50 fold to the company. If anything they probably want him back less to protect Conor and this "pricing himself out" is a good excuse to not bring him back. And I wont even get into the Nick Diaz bullshit

Conor is just trying to negotiate so he doesn't have to fight a real contender.
You are legit retarded.

Nate ask for ridiculous amount of money he doesn't deserve.

It's Conor's fault he's trying to duck nate.

Idiot

Thing is Conor vs anyone next is gonna sell especially coming off FLoyd fight where alot more people now know who he is.

He could wait and see what GSP does vs Bisping and fight him at 170. Even Lee/Tony winner while not as big as Nate is still gonna be a major fight.

Nate deserves to get paid but he lose out on a big payday by asking for too much.

I've seen a bunch of articles lately that pretty much confirm my belief that McGregor vs Diaz 3 was the original plan. However, apparently Diaz is holding strong to his $20 million demand for the 3rd fight. McGregor has stated a couple times now that Diaz is pricing himself out of the 3rd fight with those demands.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/uf...r-Nate-Diaz-Trilogy-Fight-Pay-Demand-UFC-News

"Diaz is there, Nathan is there. He's sitting there, [...] But if he starts pricing himself out of an event, then I probably will defend against the winner of this interim belt or someone along that line to kind of legitimise it again."

Interesting that Diaz would potentially jeopardize this payday wish such insane demands. I did see a Diaz interview a month or so ago saying he wouldn't fight for less than $20 million dollars... but that sounded like his older brother Nick putting ideas in his head.

Clearly McGregor is going to command at least $20-30 million for this fight... and the UFC probably cannot afford to pay the two fighters a combined $50 million+. I'd say Diaz should take the 5-10 million he can get for the fight and count his lucky stars. The fight will like do 2 million PPV buys, and it will be his biggest payday yet. He should take the money and then retire.
I would laugh SO FUCKING HARD if he prices himself out of it...
And Conor has to fight a legit title contender

Lol at @20 million. What was his biggest paycheck outside of a Conor fight? $200k or something like that?

If Conor didn't want to be a fighter, he wouldn't be a fighter. What a strange thing to say.
All your sherbros here know more about what a fighter wants than the fighter himself. After all they have been training UFC for their whole life.

hope this fight doesn't happen, but if it does, diaz should demand as much as duck mcsnot, after all, they're 1-1

ffs, nick =/= nate.

and the ufc is totally fucked by that $4+B sale. now every fighter knows for an absolute fact that they were fighting for basically nothing and wants big league money. the new owners are basically screwed. serves them right, anyway.

Yep. The UFC sale was a catch 22 hole for WME-IMG. The UFC may have *technically* been worth $3-4B... however that was with the organization criminally underpaying its fighters. The second you buy it for that value, all of the fighters realize how much money they are leaving on the table. Operating costs then go up, and the value of the organization, at least temporarily, decreases.

Just can't with the Diaz brothers at this point. Always liked them gor being all about figthing and none of the nonsense but these guys are just too much. I'm all for figthers getting their money especially considering how the UFC has been hustling them all these yrs but I'm tired of this Diaz-Conor 3. First of all Nate ain't even top 5 in the LW division. Conor probably is his easiest fight due to his cardio and ground game deficiencies. Nate has to get in line, beat some guys then become a top contender. He has no business figthing for the LW belt at this point. The Diaz brothers are soooo overrated im their skills and even trash talkimg abilities. They have crazy cardio, chin and have balls. What's underrated about them is their delusions. Have they ever admitted when they lose fair and square? Pffft...I wouldn't mind not hearing about these 2 anymore at this point.

Drill the 20 million number into their heads so that 10 million would sound more acceptable

This is business

As long as Conor fights intelligently, he should win.

The Diaz brothers can’t seem to bring themselves to effectively block low kicks and throw enough of them themselves. They also are too slow or lazy to cut off the ring and keep their opponent in striking range.

Conor can stick and move all night as long as he doesn’t blow his load and get pulled into a slug fest.

It doesn't work like that. you can't cut off a huge octagon. It's a lot different that a ring.
You can run all you want in the octagon. A ring you can cut off and force your aggressive style much better.

I don't know why people think Conor is a lock in the third fight.
He scraped by barely the 2nd fight.

Both werevery good fights. I'd watch a third fight.

If Conor is calling the shot, why return to fight someone that you have beaten ?.
Beyond that Nate has shown no improvement and has done nothing but sit out and demand a rate and fight he does not deserve.

If this fight happens there is no real justification that can be made by the UFC, Conor or his fans.

To be fair we are starting to see some Conor fans who know this fight is bullshit and want him to fight a contender.

Back