• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz reportedly 'pricing himself out' of 3rd McGregor bout

Conor vs a mop does the same amount of buys.

But Conor going for a 2nd belt on a stacked card featuring 3 title fights with it being the UFC debut in New York at Madison Square Garden and it couldnt do the same amount of buys as either Diaz fight

Idk the way Nate has acted since the second fight has kind of turned me off too it. Posting pictures of Conor and stuff like that seems lame and obsessive.

I've seen a bunch of articles lately that pretty much confirm my belief that McGregor vs Diaz 3 was the original plan. However, apparently Diaz is holding strong to his $20 million demand for the 3rd fight. McGregor has stated a couple times now that Diaz is pricing himself out of the 3rd fight with those demands.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/uf...r-Nate-Diaz-Trilogy-Fight-Pay-Demand-UFC-News

"Diaz is there, Nathan is there. He's sitting there, [...] But if he starts pricing himself out of an event, then I probably will defend against the winner of this interim belt or someone along that line to kind of legitimise it again."

Interesting that Diaz would potentially jeopardize this payday wish such insane demands. I did see a Diaz interview a month or so ago saying he wouldn't fight for less than $20 million dollars... but that sounded like his older brother Nick putting ideas in his head.

Clearly McGregor is going to command at least $20-30 million for this fight... and the UFC probably cannot afford to pay the two fighters a combined $50 million+. I'd say Diaz should take the 5-10 million he can get for the fight and count his lucky stars. The fight will like do 2 million PPV buys, and it will be his biggest payday yet. He should take the money and then retire.

If there were 2 million buys then the UFC couldn't afford 50 million because they give half the money to the cable companies.

And it wouldn't make 2 million buys.

Nate has no business getting anymore than $200,000.

I have no idea why the UFC would have to pay anyone else more money to fight Conor. It makes no sense at all. Nate deserves no more than what his contract gives.

well he got close to 15 mil for the last one.

not too surprising that he's asking for 20 for the trilogy

I have no idea why the UFC would have to pay anyone else more money to fight Conor. It makes no sense at all. Nate deserves no more than what his contract gives.
This is why you shouldn't post when your IQ is below 80

This is why you shouldn't post when your IQ is below 80

Get Nate's dick out of your mouth and you might realize that this is a lame fight that solves nothing, and Nate's appeal is dog shit other than to basement dwelling losers who have a thirst for gang banger behavior.

Lol wut?

Can you expound on this because I'm just not seeing your logic here?

Get Nate's dick out of your mouth and you might realize that this is a lame fight that solves nothing, and Nate's appeal is dog shit other than to basement dwelling losers who have a thirst for gang banger behavior.
I repeat

this is why you shouldn't post when your IQ is below 80

read a book you fucking ape

Lol wut?

Can you expound on this because I'm just not seeing your logic here?

He has a contract, and the UFC has ZERO reasons to have to give him any more than that. Realistically he can't demand anything more legally unless they "want" to give him that. He can refuse the match up, but they can move on and get another opponent that will sell just as well or even more. Diaz is not a draw. Conor is, and he'll draw against anyone.

Its the largest source of revenue. You should also be aware the UFC has costs and liabilities that do not include Diaz's pay.

“We’ll generate about $600 million in revenue for the year 2015, which is a record for the company and it’s a fairly significant growth coming off 2014. The exciting part of the platform that we’ve built is that we’ve been able to embrace different tiers of revenue. We have our basic pay-per-view business, that is our biggest source of revenue.

“Then we have our media rights, which is really similar to rights that we sell to FOX for all of the programming we give them. And then we have embraced the over-the-top platforms, where we launched UFC Fight Pass, which is a subscription service of $9.99 per month where you can access the entire UFC library and we also put live exclusive UFC events from around the world on that format, as well as original programming.

“So we really have those three sources of revenue to generate, three ways to monetise our contacts.” - Lorenzo Fertitta

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/12/28...rate-record-high-600-million-revenue-2015-mma

re: bold. sure. but maybe not for long and it might not even be the majority of their revenue.

tv deals, ticket sales, online subs, merch, etc.. and you know, all that reebok $

on the fighters' behalf, when they have explosive fights/highlight reel footage/hype, it doesn't just boost their own fight - esp retroactively. the ufc likely earned a ton from diaz's fights/antics/whatever, one way or another.

Let's say that Nate gets the 20 mil (lol not even Conor will get 20)
And then he wins and becomes the lw champion.
I wonder what his demands will be to fight again and defend the belt. I guess 100 mil for Diaz vs McGregor IV

<{CMPALM}>

He has a contract, and the UFC has ZERO reasons to have to give him any more than that. Realistically he can't demand anything more legally unless they "want" to give him that. He can refuse the match up, but they can move on and get another opponent that will sell just as well or even more. Diaz is not a draw. Conor is, and he'll draw against anyone.

Got it.

I understand that he's under contract. But this fight benifts the UFC more that it benefits Diaz or Mcgregor. He knows he's not getting 10 million but it would be stupid not to negotiate. Connor's definitely the A side but you can't say Diaz isn't a draw. The's a reason Mcgregor/Diaz sold more than Mcgregor /Alvarez.

I've seen a bunch of articles lately that pretty much confirm my belief that McGregor vs Diaz 3 was the original plan. However, apparently Diaz is holding strong to his $20 million demand for the 3rd fight. McGregor has stated a couple times now that Diaz is pricing himself out of the 3rd fight with those demands.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/uf...r-Nate-Diaz-Trilogy-Fight-Pay-Demand-UFC-News

"Diaz is there, Nathan is there. He's sitting there, [...] But if he starts pricing himself out of an event, then I probably will defend against the winner of this interim belt or someone along that line to kind of legitimise it again."

Interesting that Diaz would potentially jeopardize this payday wish such insane demands. I did see a Diaz interview a month or so ago saying he wouldn't fight for less than $20 million dollars... but that sounded like his older brother Nick putting ideas in his head.

Clearly McGregor is going to command at least $20-30 million for this fight... and the UFC probably cannot afford to pay the two fighters a combined $50 million+. I'd say Diaz should take the 5-10 million he can get for the fight and count his lucky stars. The fight will like do 2 million PPV buys, and it will be his biggest payday yet. He should take the money and then retire.

Let's be honest.
Diaz was never the smart guy in the room. What do you expect from a goofy guy?!
I'm actually happy he will never get close to a 20 mil. Money he doesn't deserve.
I'm still shocked he took away a few mil the second fight.
McGregor changed his bum thug life forever.

oh look another fight nobody wants to see

Good lord UFC how low have you fallen

giphy.gif
Seeing Nate made his balls push inside of his anus. True beta.

Didn't Nate get like 10 mill for the rematch?

I'd say they can afford to pay him a little more for the trilogy.

Not that I actually WANT the trilogy to happen at this stage, but just sayin.
Doubling the price is a little more?

Conor will get 20 million, possibly more depending on the PPV buys. He's going to get more PPV points than any fighter previously has commanded. This is because he's a guaranteed payday for the UFC. They WILL make money off of him. And he's in a position to sit back and wait until his demands are met.

The more they can get him fighting, the more money they make. So if he agrees to fight 3 times in the next year, then he gets whatever PPV % the UFC can stomach.
No way he gets 20 mill in purse fees. The ufc will get him his money, but of they give him 20 up from his previous record of 3 mill or so, they are done.

Back