• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz or Hendricks. who deserves it more

Diaz lost AND he was suspended for drugs... he failed... mmmkay

Last edited:
Diaz,

He's been around longer
He's a bigger name/draw
He's the ex-Strikeforce champ
He's been promised the fight previously (canceled for questionable reasons)
He's only lost questionable decisions (for a very long time) - I thought he beat Condit
He's almost always had exciting fights - some of MMA's best

Im much more intrigued by hendricks than diaz. Diaz is gonna be another take down victim with his volume punching style, hendricks could knock gsp out with one punch like he has done to his other top ranked opponents.

Edit: and as others have said, he clearly deserves it more anyways.

Anyone who thinks GSP is ducking Hendricks is delusional.

I can't help you until you watch the fight.

funny_Nick_Diaz_Taunts_and_Slaps_Carlos_Condit_UFC_143.gif

You definitely deserve a "Stockton Slap."

Now before you say, "That's just a short gif" No, this was basically how the entire fight went.

And comparing Diaz "pitter patter" to what Condit did. lmao. Makes me wonder if you've ever watched a Nick Diaz fight in your life before that abomination of a fight with Condit.

You won't see Diaz run away from anybody homie. He'll stand in the pocket while your throwing punches at him. He wants to fight you. Understand this, read my cyber lips bitch. Diaz wants to FIGHT you. He doesn't want some karate point contest.

Hahhaa your post cracked me up. Preach it brother. That fight blew. but honestly, ring rust could impact diaz so thats definitely a concern.

Hendricks deserves it. No discussion about that. Though the Diaz fight will be a much bigger draw.

Hendricks deserves it more but i think Diaz will make a more entertaining and interesting fight.

Im much more intrigued by hendricks than diaz. Diaz is gonna be another take down victim with his volume punching style, hendricks could knock gsp out with one punch like he has done to his other top ranked opponents.

Edit: and as others have said, he clearly deserves it more anyways.

So if Hendricks KO'd GSP with one punch, that makes a good fight? :rolleyes:

Obviously Hendricks deserves it more, but I rather see the Diaz fight...

Hendricks knocks out Fitch and Kampmann and still doesn't get the title shot.....instead someone coming of suspension that lost their last fight gets it just because GSP asks for it.

Just sad.

What's even more annoying is that Dana said Hendricks is in no position to ask for anything.......errrr you've promised him a title shot twice after two number 1 contender fights...... i think he has the right to ask for that shot.

Last edited:
Hendricks knocks out Fitch and Kampmann and still doesn't get the title shot.....instead someone coming of suspension that lost their last fight gets it just because GSP asks for it.

Just sad.

But he flips people off. He's so rebellious.

It's funny, if you read the other threads about the topic you would think that the MMA fanbase all wants this fight because the Diaz fans hijack the thread.

Here on the poll we see that they are only a minority.

Hendricks deserves it, but right now its all about money.

Hendricks of course. He has 2 KOs over elite WWs in his last 3 fights.

The Sonnen-Jones fight is different in that everyone else turned down Jones on short notice. Chael is being rewarded for being the only one to step up and take the fight the first time it was presented.

What is Nick being rewarded for, winning one round convincingly and having two extremely close rounds against Condit? And yes, for all you Diaz fans, Condit won 2 rounds convincingly and Diaz won 1. It only makes sense to split the two razor thin ones, which then makes Condit the winner.

Don't even try to justify Jones/Sonnen, it's the biggest joke of them all. Hendo and Machida are better options, but then... they don't make funny tweets.

Back