• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diaz Bros eat a Raw Vegan Diet

Jake Shields does it too right? And Jon Fitch, some people on here like to criticize the lack of protein leading to less bulk or muscle mass. But Jake is supposedly one of the strongest WWs according to Fitch.

yeah and he also pissed hot a couple of months back. i dont see why anyone would object to putting meat into their body but then put synthetic hormones into their body instead.

iv never tried raw vegan but i have tried eating raw, with the addition of chicken beef and fish. its ok but soooo boring, if you are making a living out of your body like these guys are then yeah its doable but its not the way to live other wise. cooking veg properly doesnt really take away that much nutrients. and to be fair i dont agree that eating no meat at all is healthy, we as humans are meat eaters.

each to their own though i guess

Some people chain smoke and live to be over 100. You can pick on specific cases to prove anything. Who cares anyway, vegans enjoy your supplements, lack of energy and aids patient physique just dont go thinking you are above the people who eat naturally.

When did I ever say I was better than you? You are the one saying I'm going to die early. I ate meat most of my life. It's f*kn delicious. But there's no physiological benefit to consuming animal products...period. If someone wants to do it because of habit or taste or tradition, go for it. I don't knock my family for being a meat eaters. And energy comes from calories, not meat, eggs or dairy. You have no idea what you're talking about. Educate yourself! Dang.

yeah and he also pissed hot a couple of months back. i dont see why anyone would object to putting meat into their body but then put synthetic hormones into their body instead.

iv never tried raw vegan but i have tried eating raw, with the addition of chicken beef and fish. its ok but soooo boring, if you are making a living out of your body like these guys are then yeah its doable but its not the way to live other wise. cooking veg properly doesnt really take away that much nutrients. and to be fair i dont agree that eating no meat at all is healthy, we as humans are meat eaters.

each to their own though i guess

Yeah, i don't get that either. I guess it's the same reason Lance Armstrong got over cancer but continued to shoot himself up with drugs. Makes no sense.

Plus, I'm not a 100% raw vegan. Maybe 50/50....or less.

Because your body gets things it needs in addition to the bad things. Vegans statistically are richer, more health conscious and better educated than the average meat eater yet their life expectancy is much lower, vegetarians live longest. Veganism is not a healthy choice long term, it is not opinion.

Pretty sure given your other posts this is 100% pulled out of your ass.

When did I ever say I was better than you? You are the one saying I'm going to die early. I ate meat most of my life. It's f*kn delicious. But there's no physiological benefit to consuming animal products...period. If someone wants to do it because of habit or taste or tradition, go for it. I don't knock my family for being a meat eaters. And energy comes from calories, not meat, eggs or dairy. You have no idea what you're talking about. Educate yourself! Dang.

Energy doesn't come from meat but protein does. Try to train 4-5 a day without eating meat. You could take protein shakes but that's even worse crap than meat.

Also i wouldn't be so sure on the physiological benefits...

I became a vegan for moral reasons, and one of the side effects is it's really fucking hard to eat bad food. I can't grab fast food during moments of weakness.

If you're over the age of 30 recognize that eating food for pleasure is a trap you have to pay for mentally and physically. I like looking back on the day and realizing had the discipline to not get a bacon cheeseburger and will feel and look better (and live longer) as a result of that decision. That's a lot more valuable than the 10 minutes it would take for me to eat that slop.

I became a vegan for moral reasons, and one of the side effects is it's really fucking hard to eat bad food. I can't grab fast food during moments of weakness.

If you're over the age of 30 recognize that eating food for pleasure is a trap you have to pay for mentally and physically. I like looking back on the day and realizing had the discipline to not get a bacon cheeseburger and will feel and look better (and live longer) as a result of that decision. That's a lot more valuable than the 10 minutes it would take for me to eat that slop.

:rolleyes:

Why mentally? (can't wait to hear this)

why did you go gluten free?

and have you felt a difference?

i tried it bc of some health issues, but i couldn't really figure out if it helped and i missed bread so damn much. And god it's unpractical not being able to just make a sandwich in 5min.

Sorry, I somehow missed this post.

I went on the diet because I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. However, there are immense benefits to going gluten free even if you don't have Celiac.

At first it was a huge hassle, because as you said yourself, it's really annoying not being able to eat most breads among other things. The gluten free bread they sell at stores usually comes frozen, and tastes like complete shit. I bought a bread maker and gluten-free flour, and I make my own bread now easily, and it tastes almost exactly like regular bread.

I've got tons of gluten free recipes; I make gluten free red velvet cupcakes that are delicious, Schar sells a whole line of gluten free products including cheetos/oreos/vanilla wafers that all are good as fuck to snack on. Schar also sells gluten-free pasta which tastes exactly like regular pasta. You can eat chicken/beef/etc. as long as you don't add certain seasonings/dressings that contain gluten.

Once you get the diet down, it's pretty easy. The main thing you have to worry about is cross-contamination. If you cook gluten free foods in pots/pans/oven trays/etc. that you've cooked foods that contain gluten in, you'll end up eating small amounts of gluten and it defeats the purpose of the diet. And eating gluten free is impossible at almost any restaurant; even restaurants that have gluten free menus. They generally use one grill to cook everything on, which leads to cross contamination which I explained above.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask; I know a lot about being gluten free now that I've been on the diet for over a month.

Oh and I messaged Nick Diaz on YouTube and asked him, "What are some good gluten free foods? I'm going gluten free soon" and he replied "Thai food!".

Last edited by a moderator:
Energy doesn't come from meat but protein does. Try to train 4-5 a day without eating meat. You could take protein shakes but that's even worse crap than meat.

Also i wouldn't be so sure on the physiological benefits...

I'm sorry. I don't mean to come off as judgmental, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Do a day's worth of research and you'll see there are no physiological benefits of consuming animal products ABOVE THAT OF PLANTS. Sure, along with the bad stuff you get from animal products, there are a lot of great things in there too. Plus, the comfort of eating something familiar you have eaten all your life. Plus the taste and texture. It's all good. But insinuating that eating the same nutrients in plant form is cheating yourself out of the benefits a meat eater gets is just not true.

Cows are big ass piles of muscle, but they don't eat meat. Where do you think they get their protein from? Dang.

Meat does not corner the market on complete essential amino acids (protein). There are 9 our bodies cannot produce and we need to consume them to maintain/build muscle. The rest our bodys make, no worries. Meat contains all 9, but also it also contains saturated fats, cholesterol, increases blood acidity and has no fiber. There are plenty of ways to get all 9 amino acids via plant based foods without the bad stuff for you. First complementary protein foods like beans + brown rice, penut butter + wheat bread, oatmeal + almond milk, etc. add up to your complete protein. Some are even complete by themselves. hemp seed meal, spirulina and soy. Plus everyone should add kale to their diets; veg, vegan or whatever.

Last edited:
thank you for the great reply!
Maybe i should try it again. I just quit it recently and started eating a lot of ordinary bread again and i'm starting to get the same issues again.

I just read that glutenfree flour is shit and bread becomes very dry and crumbles. I love baking no knead bread that is moist and with big lovely air pockets in. I will try and look for glutenfree flour and see how it goes.

thanks!

thank you for the great reply!
Maybe i should try it again. I just quit it recently and started eating a lot of ordinary bread again and i'm starting to get the same issues again.

I just read that glutenfree flour is shit and bread becomes very dry and crumbles. I love baking no knead bread that is moist and with big lovely air pockets in. I will try and look for glutenfree flour and see how it goes.

thanks!

Gluten is in deodorant/shampoo/mouthwash/toothpaste and many other things as well. Dove shampoo/deodorant is gluten free, and Crest toothpaste is gluten free as well.

Gluten free food isn't quite as good as food with gluten in it, to say the least, but compared to ten years ago there are so many great gluten free products being sold at almost every grocery store. There is even gluten free beer now; although I prefer Chopin vodka(it's gluten free and distilled from potatoes) if I drink. I hope it works out for you, give it time, and you'll see significant changes in your digestive system and in your body overall. Your mind feels less "foggy" among many other improvements.

Fitch, Shields and Danzig are not RAW vegan. The intriguing part of Diaz's diet is the raw thing which means he doesn't eat pasta, rice, beans, bread, etc which all require cooking and are vegan staples. So Diaz eats mainly fruit, veggies and dry nuts. Raw vegan is the most restrictive diet there is.

With a vegan diet, Brock Lesnar would have become the welterweight champion.

Should I read militant vegan websites and convince myself you can get b12 from a turnip?

Your 'moral' reasons are nothing more than extreme mental weakness it is funny how you think you are strong for not eating crap. I can not eat crap while going out catching a fish and killing it, im not a mental midget who thinks not killing an animal would make me or anything better.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to come off as judgmental, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Do a day's worth of research and you'll see there are no physiological benefits of consuming animal products ABOVE THAT OF PLANTS. Sure, along with the bad stuff you get from animal products, there are a lot of great things in there too. Plus, the comfort of eating something familiar you have eaten all your life. Plus the taste and texture. It's all good. But insinuating that eating the same nutrients in plant form is cheating yourself out of the benefits a meat eater gets is just not true.

Cows are big ass piles of muscle, but they don't eat meat. Where do you think they get their protein from? Dang.

Meat does not corner the market on complete essential amino acids (protein). There are 9 our bodies cannot produce and we need to consume them to maintain/build muscle. The rest our bodys make, no worries. Meat contains all 9, but also it also contains saturated fats, cholesterol, increases blood acidity and has no fiber. There are plenty of ways to get all 9 amino acids via plant based foods without the bad stuff for you. First complementary protein foods like beans + brown rice, penut butter + wheat bread, oatmeal + almond milk, etc. add up to your complete protein. Some are even complete by themselves. hemp seed meal, spirulina and soy. Plus everyone should add kale to their diets; veg, vegan or whatever.

What is wrong with some saturated fat and cholesterol in your diet? Did humans not eat meat.... well pretty much since we have appeared on this earth?

People still appear to be afraid of healthy fats in their diet.

Just ate 8 chicken strips from Jack in the Box

I lol'd.

As for the Diaz bros being on a raw vegan diet, I'm not surprised. Always knew they were vegan, but didn't know they ate raw until yesterday during the press conference. I'd like to at least try a gluten-free diet, but I'm still not really sure where to start. I need to do more research.

Back