Diaz Bros banned from WSOF events

people like ko's but get butthurt when someone gets hurt by a submission and did Shields even get hurt?
What Rampage did to Wanderlei was more dangerous then anything Palhares has ever done and he kept hitting WHILE the ref was pulling him away.

And Shields hit Palhares after the fight and everything is fine but Daley gets released for life from the biggest promotion for punching Koscheck.

You can die from a punch especially if you aren't prepared to take it, you cant die from a kimura.

I agree Shields comes out looking a bit classless in it all as well, but you can't compare this to the Daley situation. The ref separated them, and he still threw a punch after they had gotten up to their feet with the Ref between them.

The thing that really made me think less of Shields wasn't that he took a shot at Palhares after the ref stopped it. It was making the excuse that the eye gouging/raking was what was responsible for him getting submitted, rather than the fact that Palhares beat the ever loving fuck out of his mid section for a majority of that round prior to the takedown, and subsequently the reversal/submission.

Shields got his gut and sides hammered with knees and punches both standing against the cage, and on the ground when Palhares sprawled on him. He was tired, and got sloppy when he hit that last takedown, didn't keep his arms tucked, and Palhares seized an opportunity.

I agree with stripping and suspending Palhares. The eye gouging is definitely dirty, and he most certainly held onto that submission a moment or two too long. The ref shouldn't have to touch you 8 times for you to let go of a submission.

This company couldn't come up with a better name than "World Series of Fighting"?
They had to rip off a baseball tournament?

What in the fuck. Absolutely pathetic. Sounds trashy. Who cares if they are banned from attending The World Series of Fighting or its sister promotion, World Cup MMA

In all honesty the Diaz brothers keep getting into these brawls. Let's not forget the SF farce. They deserve harsher punishment.

This company couldn't come up with a better name than "World Series of Fighting"?
They had to rip off a baseball tournament?

What in the fuck. Absolutely pathetic. Sounds trashy. Who cares if they are banned from attending The World Series of Fighting or its sister promotion, World Cup MMA

They could have went with championship or even, dare i say, world cup, but word has it soccer and rugby has that taken, and we can't rip off another sport now can we?

Well I have never watched a WSoF, but I was interested after hearing about Palhares, and Diaz brothers brawl...but I guess it was a mistake, and the only interesting things from the show are stuff that WSoF deems "bad"

It is sad that the Russian guys and his entourage, which were just as actively taking part as the Diaz brothers and co...but since WSoF is in bed with Nugamdeov or whatever his name is, they make him out to be a saint and crucify the Diaz brothers.(By in bed I mean that the Dana White of WSoF is the manager for The Eagle) It wasn't like The Eagle (much easier to say) was just passive and not JUST AS GUILTY...love these promoters playing favorites and all political. Ban everyone, or just do nothing and thank Palhares and Nick and Nate for making this WSoF show newsworthy!

While I agree that perhaps Nurmagomedovs should be in some trouble as well (when there is a fight, there is more than one party involved), when it comes to shenanigans involved in the life of Nick Diaz, he is usually the common denominator.

Nick Diaz attacks Joe Riggs in a hospital
Nick Diaz is involved in a Strikeforce Brawl
Nick Diaz gets busted for a DUI
Nick Diaz no shows several events and activities he was paid to participate in

And so on and so forth. So if the Diaz brothers and fans are feeling bitter that they have been unfairly treated…elder brother Nick should think of maybe making different life choices.

Diaz Bros will kick Abul Nazim's ass if they meet him at taco mac.

Has the UFC commented on this?

Well Aziz is president of WSOF, and he manages the Nurmagomedov bros.

No surprise his boys get a pass and the Diaz bros. play the role of scapegoat, again.

A temp ban would have been appropriate but permanent?

Fitch v Okami title eliminator
Sheilds v Winner for title
Paul Harris (when he come back) v Loser title eliminator
Nurmogomedov v guys the Diaz brothers cornered and have him talk smack (get elder Nurmogomedov involved). Eventually end Diaz bro's ban and keep the rivalry/publicity going.

There was that post-fight scuffle in EliteXC when Nick entered the cage and challenged KJ Noons for a lightweight title rematch. Nate was involved.

Back