Diaz Bros banned from WSOF events

i know right, he should have been released from the promotion

people like ko's but get butthurt when someone gets hurt by a submission and did Shields even get hurt?
What Rampage did to Wanderlei was more dangerous then anything Palhares has ever done and he kept hitting WHILE the ref was pulling him away.

And Shields hit Palhares after the fight and everything is fine but Daley gets released for life from the biggest promotion for punching Koscheck.

You can die from a punch especially if you aren't prepared to take it, you cant die from a kimura.

Dunno... Even if they weren't though, they'd have made the SF brawl look like a playground scuffle if they'd been there, no question!

it would have been crazy if they were in his corner! Both of them would have jumped Paul Harris in the cage

This company couldn't come up with a better name than "World Series of Fighting"?
They had to rip off a baseball tournament?

What in the fuck. Absolutely pathetic. Sounds trashy. Who cares if they are banned from attending The World Series of Fighting or its sister promotion, World Cup MMA

I think they corner some guys at WSOF so I'm sure the guys they corner and help get ready to fight care quite a bit. Would suck not having to veterans like that in your corner.

people like ko's but get butthurt when someone gets hurt by a submission and did Shields even get hurt?
What Rampage did to Wanderlei was more dangerous then anything Palhares has ever done and he kept hitting WHILE the ref was pulling him away.

And Shields hit Palhares after the fight and everything is fine but Daley gets released for life from the biggest promotion for punching Koscheck.

You can die from a punch especially if you aren't prepared to take it, you cant die from a kimura.

bro are you mad or something?

Well I have never watched a WSoF, but I was interested after hearing about Palhares, and Diaz brothers brawl...but I guess it was a mistake, and the only interesting things from the show are stuff that WSoF deems "bad"

It is sad that the Russian guys and his entourage, which were just as actively taking part as the Diaz brothers and co...but since WSoF is in bed with Nugamdeov or whatever his name is, they make him out to be a saint and crucify the Diaz brothers.(By in bed I mean that the Dana White of WSoF is the manager for The Eagle) It wasn't like The Eagle (much easier to say) was just passive and not JUST AS GUILTY...love these promoters playing favorites and all political. Ban everyone, or just do nothing and thank Palhares and Nick and Nate for making this WSoF show newsworthy!

Get out of your Ufc bubble homie, you're missing good fights.

...... the brawl is simply childish antics and makes every professional mma organization looks bad.

Good now if we can only get the UFC and Bellator to do the same so we never have to hear from those disgraces again.

Never cared for the Diaz bros, banning them for their childish antics is a good thing.

no doubt that rampage was in the wrong and should have been penalized for his punches on wandy, but the chance of someone dying from a few extra shots(this isn't a street fight on the concrete and fighters rarely land more than 2/3 unanswered blows usually, unless the ref is horrible) is sooooo miniscule, its not worth discussing. Where as Palhares holding on to his subs for extra seconds are almost guaranteed ligament and tendon damage. much more dangerous than a few extra punches while the guy is out.

Wrong.

The diaz bros banned WSOF from making any appearance from them ever again. Huge loss for WSOF.

Well I have never watched a WSoF, but I was interested after hearing about Palhares, and Diaz brothers brawl...but I guess it was a mistake, and the only interesting things from the show are stuff that WSoF deems "bad"

It is sad that the Russian guys and his entourage, which were just as actively taking part as the Diaz brothers and co...but since WSoF is in bed with Nugamdeov or whatever his name is, they make him out to be a saint and crucify the Diaz brothers.(By in bed I mean that the Dana White of WSoF is the manager for The Eagle) It wasn't like The Eagle (much easier to say) was just passive and not JUST AS GUILTY...love these promoters playing favorites and all political. Ban everyone, or just do nothing and thank Palhares and Nick and Nate for making this WSoF show newsworthy!

Or maybe this isn't the first time the Diaz' have been involved in this kind of thing. You must not have been around for, seen, heard about, or remember the Nashville brawl in Strikeforce. Mayhem Miller gets in the cage to challenge Jake Shields following his defense of the title, and both Diaz brothers, Giblert, and Jake all jumped on him.

It's about time someone laid it down for these wannabe gangsters. For fucks sakes it's time to start acting like the 30 year old men they are. They've been known to start shit outside the ring/cage for years now. They mean mug, talk shit, throw things at people, and overall just try to act like thugs on the street. Someone needed to make it clear to them that if they aren't in the cage, they don't need to be there.

no doubt that rampage was in the wrong and should have been penalized for his punches on wandy, but the chance of someone dying from a few extra shots(this isn't a street fight on the concrete and fighters rarely land more than 2/3 unanswered blows usually, unless the ref is horrible) is sooooo miniscule, its not worth discussing. Where as Palhares holding on to his subs for extra seconds are almost guaranteed ligament and tendon damage. much more dangerous than a few extra punches while the guy is out.

When Rampage punched Wandelrei it was not only "almost guaranteed" but 100% sure brain damage each punch every single one does damage to the brain and a little bit of it is ALWAYS permanent and accumulates over the years.
The damage doesn't have to show immediately to be much worse than any lugament damage after many years.
Submissions liek that can shorten, interrupt or end careers but punches can shorten, negatively affect and end a life

Concussions and other forms of brain damage however, will and has occurred from extra shots. Which is why when J-Lau let stopped hitting Gomi it was a blessing. Ref's at times make terrible decisions regarding brain health. The human brain is plastic, but, can only be so plastic and recover when it isn't enduring punishment once enough is enough. Concussions and post concussion syndrome are often a silent injury, as are future things like parkinsons and dementia. Ref's need to be on top of these things better to ensure maximum safety once a fighter is finished.
Why else do you see guys being suspended for concussions as well as precautionary's until cleared for concussions? It's very relevant in combat sport discussion in regards to fighter safety.

I'd rather walk a little funny and have my career ended than end up with massive headaches for life or in an old folks home not remembering my name at 5pm because of sun downing.

And the eye raking? Im not so mad about him holding submissions, it's a dick move sure but not the worst thing in the world. But seriously fuck him for eye gouging

I didn't see the fight, only the sub finish....was the eye raking that blatant or was it just a lot of accidental pokes?

Shields is one to talk about eyepokes after he nearly blinded GSP. Anyway WSOF is now stuck with Fitch vs Shields for the WW belt. I can't think of a high profile fight I'd rather see less. And now no chance for some Diaz Bros crowd antics.

Quality post that sums up my own thoughts

Diaz brothers are known for being ignorant shit disturbers at places; attacking people in hospitals after the fight was finished in the cage etc, mouthing off after they lose and so on, Strikeforce brawl.., they are unprofessional fighters (great skills mind you). I think its a good thing they are being punished for this. Guys like them make the sport look bad.

Diaz brothers have crappy records, they are over hyped, over rated, they are mid level fighters wilth very high stupidity. Bad combo for sure.

Back