DHK : "If I just pass 5 minute mark, I win 100%." + talks Yushin Okami cut

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
dhkericlsilvastreodwn.jpg

ERICK SILVA

If I have to be the “bad guy”; I am more than willing to be the “bad guy”.

I am doing very well mentally. I plan to make this whole event a mess with just my coach Yang Sung Hoon, and Jung Won Lee. I am coming to ruin everything.

I can’t wait to beat Erick Silva and disappoint his fans and family. I also plan to “pour some cold water” on the Brazilian fans.

It’s basically an automatic victory if it goes past the 1st round. If I just pass the 5 minute mark, I win 100%.

ON YUSHIN OKAMI

It’s a sad reality, but I understand that the UFC needs to cater to the fans. The fans want to see a brawl and the UFC needs to get viewers to buy their PPV. I feel I am also in danger of being cut.

I train everything, but if you are better at grappling it is because you put in that much time to become a better grappler. It is disappointing that I don’t get any recognition for this.

I do feel danger of being cut, but I am planning to put all my technique to use in my fight against Erick Silva. Actually. I am planning to just enjoy myself. In the end my destiny is in the hand of the UFC; I just need to concentrate on fighting.

Honestly, I was a bit shaken when I heard that Yushin Okami got cut. I plan to really mentally prepare so this does not affect me. I am going into this fight as if it is the last fight of my life.

Right now, I need the cheers of my fans. Please enjoy my fight.

-----

FULL INTERVIEW + REFERENCE- http://cormma.com/dong-hyun-kim-interview-if-i-just-pass-the-5-minute-mark-i-win-100/

Last edited:
DHK is great.

Him and Chael should have babies.

I'm sure Erick Silva has worked extensively on his conditioning and such, anyway, Silva via KO.

Dear lord... what hes said about Okami's cut and the lack of recognition for his grappling almost made me cry.

I train everything, but if you are better at grappling it is because you put in that much time to become a better grappler. It is disappointing that I don’t get any recognition for this.

True that.

I am going into this fight as if it is the last fight of my life.

It's really tough to not like this guy.

I agree with everything in the second paragraph but the first not so much. Erick actually won and almost (maybe not) subbed Fitch in the second round.

Why oh why are all these trash talkers so boring in the cage? Compensating to maintain some Sonnenesque appeal when their approach fails?

Fight is a toss up - we'll see how Silva has improved but he was good in the loss vs Fitch.

Dong is always a challenge but his best wins are TJ well before his resurgence and Nate Diaz.

Why oh why are all these trash talkers so boring in the cage? Compensating to maintain some Sonnenesque appeal when their approach fails?

Fight is a toss up - we'll see how Silva has improved but he was good in the loss vs Fitch.

Dong is always a challenge but his best wins are TJ well before his resurgence and Nate Diaz.

When was the last boring fight Chael Sonnen was in?

I'd love to see him start losing and get cut.

Fans don't just want to see brawls. That's the kind of stupid excuse by guys like DHK. Fans want to see fighters legitimately try to threaten their opponent. If they do then even if they go to a decision people are happy. if DHK used his grappling to try and go for frequent submissions instead of controlling for time he'd be looked at in a more positive like. When was the last time the fans booed a submission? They don't boo submissions, because fans don't want to just see brawls, they want to see two guys respect the fans and show appreciation for the money they paid and try hard to end each other, whether on the feet or on the ground, before time runs out. When fighters do that fans are happy whether there was a finish or not.

the UFC does not only wanna see guys who brawl. sick of this crap. Okami was cut for 3 reasons. his cost, his performances in defeats and his performances in victories, none of which he looked impressive in.

the UFC does not only wanna see guys who brawl. sick of this crap. Okami was cut for 3 reasons. his cost, his performances in defeats and his performances in victories, none of which he looked impressive in.

Understand your point...but the guys that they beat look even more unimpressive

I'd love to see him start losing and get cut.

Fans don't just want to see brawls. That's the kind of stupid excuse by guys like DHK. Fans want to see fighters legitimately try to threaten their opponent. If they do then even if they go to a decision people are happy. if DHK used his grappling to try and go for frequent submissions instead of controlling for time he'd be looked at in a more positive like. When was the last time the fans booed a submission? They don't boo submissions, because fans don't want to just see brawls, they want to see two guys respect the fans and show appreciation for the money they paid and try hard to end each other, whether on the feet or on the ground, before time runs out. When fighters do that fans are happy whether there was a finish or not.

Well then what does it say to the guys who lose to them....If your opponent isn't threatening at all then you should work harder to get up and out of the bad spot knowing they won;t do anything to you. I understand what you mean but there are 2 sides to that

There may be fans out there who don't like grappling, but I think most have the attitude you're describing. If they boo when a fight goes to the ground, it's because they don't expect much to happen there.

Pretty sad that he's such a great fighter but is fearing that he may be cut. It's a clear indication that skill is not just prevalent but how well of a show you can put on is almost as important.

There may be fans out there who don't like grappling, but I think most have the attitude you're describing. If they boo when a fight goes to the ground, it's because they don't expect much to happen there.

before I got into MMA, every fight I watched seemed to be 15seconds of striking at the start of a round, clinch, takedown, laynpray, rinse. So I can definitely understand people being disappointed when it does go to the ground. As I learnt more about the sport, what was actually happening on the ground started to unfold for me, but still too many fights where that same thing happens. striking ENTIRELY to get a takedown, where you do no damage just seems retarded.

Back