DHK : "If I just pass 5 minute mark, I win 100%." + talks Yushin Okami cut

Sounds (like always) like a very honest, genuine guy, seems to have a really nice personality.

Chael Sonnen and GSP are considered LnP fighters. That's all you really need to know about the "fans" and what they want to see. DHK is right.

Considering both Sonnen and GSP are top draws, I would say you couldn't have picked a worse example.

dhkericlsilvastreodwn.jpg

Wow. Arianny sure got old looking.

the odds are too good, i had to bet on kim. hoping silva wins though.

Considering both Sonnen and GSP are top draws, I would say you couldn't have picked a worse example.
GSP draws because he's the WW GOAT and has an entire country backing him, and Chael Sonnen is the best self-promoter in MMA history. Both of their styles consistently receive hate from the same fans that are celebrating Okami's cut.

Dong Hyun Kim is a great personality. If he spoke English he'd catch on very quickly with the fans.

I'm a fan of both fighters, but I consider myself a DHK fan.
The fact that Dana loves Silva would make a DHK win that much sweeter.
Tough fight to call.

War Stun Gun

Man this may be the first and hopefully last time i have to root against Dong :(

I'm a fan of both fighters, but I consider myself a DHK fan.
The fact that Dana loves Silva would make a DHK win that much sweeter.
Tough fight to call.

War Stun Gun

"Who the fuck is Erick Silva?"
-Dana White

Followed by he's never beat anyone of note(Silva), not a big win for Fitch at all, etc etc.

I'll dig up that interview a little later and post the vid.

so much talk for a blanket.

DHK has looked better and better each fight.

Remember when his cardio was failing him badly against Nate Diaz and he was barely hanging on at the end?
He worked on that and hasn't come close to gassing since.

His cardio failed him against Nate because Nate is relentless from every position and DHK was never able to rest or pass his guard. His last few times out, he's gotten to hang out in mount/back mount for several minutes at a time and catch his breath whenever he needs to against inferior grapplers. Put him against someone that'll push him constantly whose guard he can't pass and his cardio will fail again.

He made some mistakes against Condit and didn't respond properly to Condit's aggressive style. I think he's worked on that too, although guys like Condit and Silva are always dangerous no matter how well prepared you are!

He really didn't make many mistakes in that fight, Condit illegally grabbed the cage and that's the only reason he was able to hit the sweep. I think that fight would've played out quite a bit differently had that not happened.

Taking sig bets on Silva beating Fitch-lite.

Cry me a river, Dong. This isn't ADCC. This is the UFC, bro. Stand and bang like a real man does.

Jeez it sucks so much DHK has to have in mind that Okamii got cut and he could be next. Its really messed up.
It's better to know about if it's happening than not know about it. At least he's got the option to make adjustments, if he can.

EDIT: I hope Stun Gun grinds him out.

DHK sounds worried about the first round. I like his "no fucks given" attitude, but I think he'll be gone soon or kept strictly for Asian market purposes.

Means you don't know shit about grappling. It is much, much harder to get out from under someone when they aren't try to do shit but hold you down. If DHK actually tried to finish people they'd be able to get up a lot more. So he uses the time to his advantage and lays on people.

True this! Barnett said pretty much the same thing on joe rogan experiment. If you just focus on being in control on top you can lay there for a very long time. You don't hurt your opponent but because of the time limit you get the judges nod... Same as stalling against the cage.

Back