Dexter vs Breaking Bad

I like them both equally. But Breaking Bad definitely seems to be finishing stronger.

Dexter has been just terrible lately.. For the final season they could have hired an amateur writing staff that could have come up with better nonsense.. Or turned it into a comedy.

Dexter has been just terrible lately.. For the final season they could have hired an amateur writing staff that could have come up with better nonsense.. Or turned it into a comedy.

The season actually started out alright. I quite liked the introduction of Vogel. Then they fucked it all up right away.

The Wire kids will start crawling in soon saying that they are both shit.

Dexter has been a joke for years now. This season especially is plain mediocre.

Yeah not really.

One of the highest rated TV shows out there.
Made record numbers throughout its seasons all the way until the end.
Lasted 8 seasons.

Let us observe reality.

I love Dexter, that dark passenger so fits with a persons shadow side.
The major disparity is that Dexter is Hollywood, as in filled to the brim with constant action/things happening. So alot happens quite quickly. Dexter struggles with keeping the audiences empathy AND being a kickass serial killer. An episode or two can be spent going: this guy is a dick.. or ehy would he do that?

Breaking Bad is more budget and focuses on pace and suspense through the passing of time, rather than visuals - when something is about to happen, its like everyone is having a cuppa before it happens. So it feels more powerful through its simplicity. Breaking Bad struggles with Walt being believable but it comes across as more realistic without all the fluff of constant scene and camera changes.

They are both top viewing. And great for two obvious pacifists to seem so hardcore on set.

I only watched some episodes of the first season of Dexter, and that series wasn't doing it for me. Might give it a shot again in the near future, though.

Loved Breaking Bad.

First four seasons of each might be a draw for me. Since then there is no comparison. Dexter loses badly.

This sums up my opinion as well.

I actually think that the first 4 seasons of Dexter trumps Breaking Bad, but judging from a complete overview, Breaking Bad beats Dexter handily, TKO round 3 (ref stoppage due to strikes).

The first 4 seasons of Dexter were very good (season 3 not quite as good as the others but not terrible)

Seasons 5-8 were shit. It was a completely different show of significantly lesser quality.

BB was better all the way through.

Yeah not really.

One of the highest rated TV shows out there.
Made record numbers throughout its seasons all the way until the end.
Lasted 8 seasons.

Let us observe reality.

Yeah, I don't think he was talking in terms of popularity.

This sums up my opinion as well.

I actually think that the first 4 seasons of Dexter trumps Breaking Bad, but judging from a complete overview, Breaking Bad beats Dexter handily, TKO round 3 (ref stoppage due to strikes).

the thing about breaking bad is that it started off slow in seasons 1 and 2.... and peaked your interest to keep watching ...then by season 3-4 it became amazing and you were hooked!

dexter just became predictable by season 5,6...oh look a new serial killer

You might have missed the high rating part.

If you mean critical acclaim, say critical acclaim.

Either way, I think those big Emmy noms stopped a couple of years ago.

Back