News Derrick Lewis vs Chris Daukaus set to headline UFC event, December 18th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Tank was a low skill brawler with power. Daukaus is one of the most skilled hw striker (especially his boxing). Besides power, they're completly different.
Of course i realize they are different, but the point is Tank was the UFC's first super star as he looked like the common man so your average man could relate to him and his gimmick. Daukaus does not fit the same billing as Ngannou or Anthony Joshua, he looks like your common man, but there can be great marketability in that.

Also, for his time, Tank was pretty well rounded - he was a D1 wrestler and he had a background in boxing as well. No, he was not as well rounded as modern martial artists but he was one of your first wrestle boxers and he competed at a relatively high level in his prime.

Daukaus takes this IMO. I will be betting on him more likely.

He looks like the dude that put Khamzat out of action

Black Beast knocks him out cold with brutal ground 'n' pound

Of course i realize they are different, but the point is Tank was the UFC's first super star as he looked like the common man so your average man could relate to him and his gimmick. Daukaus does not fit the same billing as Ngannou or Anthony Joshua, he looks like your common man, but there can be great marketability in that.

Also, for his time, Tank was pretty well rounded - he was a D1 wrestler and he had a background in boxing as well. No, he was not as well rounded as modern martial artists but he was one of your first wrestle boxers and he competed at a relatively high level in his prime.
Nobody cared about looking like the common man.

Tank represented the common man but everyone knew he was anything but common. A man built like a bull with a civil war general face, can bench 600 lbs with hammers for hands and a thirst for violence and alcohol. He's the "I know a guy down at my bar who can tear that tiny bantamweight's head off" guy and that's why people loved him. The closest guys we have to that is Derrrick Lewis and Tai Tuivasa.

Chris Daukus? He used to be a fatty that people picked on in high school, now he's a fatty who lost a ton of weight but still has fat folds flapping around.

Tank's built like a powerlifter, Daukus's built like a DDP yoga feel good story. Unless he can get himself a more aesthetically pleasing physique, he's not attracting any crowds anytime soon.

Lewis doesn’t do well against guys that can sling it back with power. Old hunt killed him, Jordan KOd him, mitrione kod him, him and Francis were both scared of getting kod by each other, jds tkod him.

Daukus is a very live dog here

Lewis doesn’t do well against guys that can sling it back with power. Old hunt killed him, Jordan KOd him, mitrione kod him, him and Francis were both scared of getting kod by each other, jds tkod him.

Daukus is a very live dog here

Yeah he definitely is, especially speed-wise - Jordan and Mitrione's speed advantages caught Lewis out bigtime. Daukaus could definitely do the same. BUT - If we're gonna talk about those losses, which occurred what, 6+ yrs ago? We definitely need to talk about Daukaus getting TKO/KO'd by Azunna fucking Anywanu much more recently.

His chin is far from brilliant, and Lewis hits harder than 99% of heavyweights on the planet.

Daukus going to leave BB unconscious.

I figured we'll see Stipe vs Lewis,prob the highest-ranking easiest matchup for Stipe. I haven't seen Chris compete yet so I'm shocked he is getting the number 3 ranked hw.

Interesting one. Throws Daukus into contender conversation if he wins, but man that is definitely a test of a 230 pound flabby HW who could cut to LHW against one of the strongest and hardest hitting guys in the division

Not often we get to a see a 35 pound size and strength and giant speed difference in a fight.

Daukaus's streak of entering the UFC and hitting 4 (T)KOs in a row reminds me of Carwin. 3 POTNs in a row as well.

Daukaus got 3 first round finishes and 1 second round whereas Carwin's were all first round.

I think Chris is for real and he gets past Black Beast.

Chris Daukus? He used to be a fatty that people picked on in high school, now he's a fatty who lost a ton of weight but still has fat folds flapping around.

I assume you're still talking about perceptions here? Because Chris was a jock in high school.

Chris is on a great run, but this is where it ends he's not powerful enough or technical enough to hang with Beast who sooner or later sleeps him.
Gonna be a hot balls banger night

Daukaus 1st round KO

I got Daukaus in a suprise (T)KO in 3.

Chris is on a great run, but this is where it ends he's not powerful enough or technical enough to hang with Beast who sooner or later sleeps him.
Gonna be a hot balls banger night
Why do you think he's not powerful enough to beat Lewis? He has 4 KO/TKOs in a row, all (iirc) with his hands.

If he loses to Lewis it won't be from a lack of power.

Last edited:
Daukaus has great hands, but gets hit too much. Can't do that against Lewis. Lewis starches him.

Back