News Derrick Lewis vs Chris Daukaus set to headline UFC event, December 18th

Who wins?

• Total voters
If lewis is in a good place mentally and not too affected by losing in front of his home town I think he starches this dude in 2.

Will this be another Houston card?

Lewis seems to have that Cowboy Cerrone thing going where he's game to stay active vs anyone and usually beats all the good guys when there's not too much pressure, but will either choke or just not be able to hang once the title shenanigans come into the picture.

Not necessarily a gatekeeper - yet - but that might be his ceiling, from what we're starting to see. Still a fun fighter. And a much more likable personality than Cerrone.

If lewis is in a good place mentally and not too affected by losing in front of his home town I think he starches this dude in 2.
I don’t think Lewis cares that much about that loss. He doesn’t seem to be after ”a great legacy” or necessarily the belt. He wants to get paid and bring that money to his family. So it’s more about business to him, I’d say.

I think he’ll be ready to fight and have his head in the right place for this one. If Daukaus can use movement and quickness he has a okay chance here.

I don’t think Lewis cares that much about that loss. He doesn’t seem to be after ”a great legacy” or necessarily the belt. He wants to get paid and bring that money to his family. So it’s more about business to him, I’d say.

I think he’ll be ready to fight and have his head in the right place for this one. If Daukaus can use movement and quickness he has a okay chance here.
Good point. One thing I like about Lewis is that he's a straight up prize fighter. No qualms. I think he cares about the belt insofar as it will make him more money, but that's about it.

I'm pretty unaware of Daukaus if I'm honest. I saw him beat up old man olenik but there wasn't much to glean from that since it was just a beatdown.

I’d like to see Derrick get cut from the organization

I’d like to see Derrick get cut from the organization

He fights for scraps, Dana loves guys like this. Ngannou needs call Lewis and explain that this isn’t a career, it’s an opportunity to get rich before injury, cut, or CTE.

He fights for scraps, Dana loves guys like this. Ngannou needs call Lewis and explain that this isn’t a career, it’s an opportunity to get rich before injury, cut, or CTE.
He hasn’t had a reported payout since 2018 when he made 320k for beating volkov…..

Back