News Derrick Lewis vs Chris Daukaus set to headline UFC event, December 18th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Why do you think he's not powerful enough to beat Lewis? He has 4 KO/Takis in a row, all (iirc) with his hands.

If he loses to Lewis it won't be from a lack of power.
It will be from having less power than Lewis.

I have a feeling another white cop is about to rough up a black man.

I agree. Unless he decides to wrestle, he's going to have to exchange punches with Lewis and Lewis usually comes out on top in those exchanges.

I'm not even a big fan of Lewis, but what I've got to give him, what he lacks in technicality he makes up for in cleverness. This strictly relates to the fight game, as I doubt Derek is too clever in other aspects of life. Derek knows how to sneak that power punch in at the right place at the right time, and I think the Blaydes fight was a perfect example. You have to fight a perfect defensively responsible fight to win on the feet with Lewis, otherwise he'll find his spot. I'm just not convinced Daukaus can do that.

I assume you're still talking about perceptions here? Because Chris was a jock in high school.
Yep, public perception, since it makes zero sense to factor in what he used to be in high school

I like Lewis but at this point it’s obvious that he is only a gatekeeper and therefore I would appreciate if Daukaus would starch him and with that we all would get a new high potential

243997915_10159685388851276_6308800878934852680_n.jpg

I got Daukaus , who you see and how ?
Did Lewis recover mentally from the beatdown in front of his hometown ?

I think Daukaus too, but BB is always a threat.

Should be a fun one either way.

Daukaus likes to head Hunt. He needs to work the body early before he gets clipped

I think daukaus is good but has had favorable matches that led to his success so far.unless Lewis is shot i feel like he will get a big ko in this one.lewis is also at the point in his career where he could suddenly fall off so its up in the air

Last edited:
I think either Lewis or Daukaus will win.
I think that’s a risky prediction… Going with Daukaus or Lewis to win is probably a much safer bet.. especially if you’re putting real money down.

Reactions: Gio
Nobody cared about looking like the common man.

Tank represented the common man but everyone knew he was anything but common. A man built like a bull with a civil war general face, can bench 600 lbs with hammers for hands and a thirst for violence and alcohol. He's the "I know a guy down at my bar who can tear that tiny bantamweight's head off" guy and that's why people loved him. The closest guys we have to that is Derrrick Lewis and Tai Tuivasa.

Chris Daukus? He used to be a fatty that people picked on in high school, now he's a fatty who lost a ton of weight but still has fat folds flapping around.

Tank's built like a powerlifter, Daukus's built like a DDP yoga feel good story. Unless he can get himself a more aesthetically pleasing physique, he's not attracting any crowds anytime soon.
So according to you, Chris Daukaus is not popular because he doesn't look good with his shirt off

Do I have that right?

Back