Media Derrick Lewis deciding he no longer wants to be on the ground

This one never gets old. Lewis was resting while Ivanov was figuring out how to pull a Kimura on him then stood up all of sudden like nothing. Gets dropped again and pulled the same thing.

"he's gonna tap"

The last few weeks were great without Hoe Hogan.

People are using DC as an counter argument... You do realize DC spent 30+ years wrestling and is Olympic-caliber.

Lewis probably learned the words of jiu jitsu 10 years ago after doing 3 years in prison.

Lewis letting his opponents lay on him so he can take a break until he decides to stand up again.
<36>

FYI this is from reddit, I do not claim this as my own work. Just thought it was funny and wanted to share.

Yeah, I find it totally amazing. You're a little late discovering the originator of the 'just get up' technique, but thanks for the clip all the same. I enjoyed watching it again.

lol he's so fckin strong!
The way he just pushed Roy off his upper chest like he wasn't a 260lb manblob. You can't get any leverage with your arms over your head to your face, its about the same as doing a straight arm row on the cable machine. Sure as hell can't do your body weight from laying down. Effortless, just sat up.

I want to see Derrick vs. Brock. I bet he couldnt do that with Brock, or at least the Brock of five or ten years ago. Then again, Brock would crumble on one of Derrick's punches. It would be an interesting fight.

Costa does the same thing, his takedown defense really is not that good so gets put in bad positions but he just powers out of it

FlickeringDismalCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

UntimelyClosedBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

Can't wait to see a ripped 250 lb Black Beast in Dec. A diet conscious and ultra-focused BB can contend for a title.

Yes that is very impressive. The man is incredibly strong, but that is a lot less effective against a truly skilled grappler.

im telling yall hes an x men. he just never knew it and didnt apply himself. you cant tell me hes on peds. that is natural strength

This one never gets old. Lewis was resting while Ivanov was figuring out how to pull a Kimura on him then stood up all of sudden like nothing. Gets dropped again and pulled the same thing.

Man, this video reminds me of how many great (i.e. entertaining) moments Black Beast has given us... A lot of people dog his lack of technique, but the dude is pure entertainment in and out of the octagon.

Sorta like early Nick Diaz. I would always tune in just to see what happens lol

im telling yall hes an x men. he just never knew it and didnt apply himself. you cant tell me hes on peds. that is natural strength
250 lb Black Beast will be more of an animal than motivated BJ Penn ever was.

Think about Black Beast doing a Pride-style walkout in an X Man costume. Man, that would be epic.

An people said Rampage was a bad TUF coach when he told his fighters to "get up" while being controlled on the ground. Turns out its solid advice and it really is that easy to just get up

Can't wait to see a ripped 250 lb Black Beast in Dec. A diet conscious and ultra-focused BB can contend for a title.
Don't hold your breath. He's been talking that jive for a year or two now.

To be fair, lots of hw could pull this off against some random bums. I don't remember him getting up from underneath Cormier or even Oleinik. There's levels to this game.

Yes that is very impressive. The man is incredibly strong, but that is a lot less effective against a truly skilled grappler.

LOL He's been able to survive on the ground against four different BJJ black belts and beat all of them.

The only time that he got subbed was by Comier, who was able to match him for strength.

For most guys, skill matters more than strength. Lewis gets by on size, strength and his ability to stay calm in bad positions.

Back