1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Dequan Townsend addresses USADA suspension for cocaine, fentanyl: "I am not a drug user"

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Verace, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Verace Gold Belt

“There’s thousands of different ways that things can get into your system,” Townsend said. “Me personally, I am not a drug user. I don’t discriminate, I don’t judge anybody who does drugs personally. What they do in their free time is what they do in their free time.

I took this fight on three days’ notice. I was hanging around the wrong crowd. There’s a thousand different ways things can happen, and (it ended) up getting into my system, and I just did what I needed to do and took the necessary steps I needed to in order to get this situation behind me. That was that, and I’m moving forward from it.”

“There’s different ways, and one of the most common ways is [through the] mucous membrane,” Townsend said. “That’s one of the most common ways. If you sleep with somebody or engage in any sexual activity with someone who is a user or who does what they do on the side or whatever, it can get into your system through sweat, different sexual activities. There’s different ways it can get into your system. That’s one way.

Also, touching stuff. I am a nurse – that’s my nine-to-five. I’m not sure if a lot of people know; people in Lansing actually know that’s my actual nine-to-five job. That could have been a way that it happened. But as I said in general, it was three days’ notice, (and) I obviously wasn’t aware or extra careful because I didn’t plan on fighting in the UFC.”

<DontBelieve1>

First he was "hanging with the wrong crowd", then "i fucked a junkie", then "it got through osmosis in the hospital i work at"...

Seems all over the place with multiple excuses. Dead giveaway. But i guess he needs to keep appearences because of his actual job.... so i understand

Otherwise just take it on the chest and go out like a savage mad man <36>. He would definitely have made some fans from that angle

More at: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...ine-fentanyl-metabolites-i-am-not-a-drug-user

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. Sonny Qc 86,425 Likes

3. Fossor Black Belt

It was tainted meth!

4. Soul On Ice Banned Banned

How much was found in his system and if his body was a Olympic sized swimming pool how much coke/fentanyl would be in it?

5. Prince Nephilim Philmortal Belt

He really insinuated that the drugs could've gotten into his system through sex?!

Because...he doesn't do coke, he just bangs sluts that do

<Prem973>

6. Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

I believe him..

He could have easily taken cocaine by accident..

[​IMG]

7. Brit_Brawler Silver Belt

The stuff isnt even banned out of competition if I'm correct? And the fight was really short notice? Why not just own up to it. If he didnt know he would be fighting then who cares

8. OneManOrgy Banned Banned

9. Aldo145 Green Belt

It was dick pills

10. Sweater of AV Gold Belt

11. Skarr Brown Belt

Im not sure how plausible the excuses are but I would lean towards him not having been doing drugs, personally....Ive never met someone on fent and coke that could hold together a 9-5 nursing job and a dedicated workout regiment that most fighters have

12. clutchCAT420 Silver Belt

War Dequan!

13. Darkart Brown Belt

Do people normally have cocaine and fentanyl? Seems like their effects would cancel out unless you chase them with meth or E or something.

14. waldywaldy lol motherfuckers

Its called a speedball kiddo

15. CTE_Fan Green Belt

a pictogram... [​IMG]

16. dim_ Steel Belt

Here's the thing. His suspension was reduced from 2 years to 6 months which is dependant on completing a drug rehabilitation program

upload_2020-1-21_18-48-22.png

How can you do a drug rehabilitation program if you didnt do drugs?

That's like sending someone who's never drunk alcohol to AA meetings.

17. peterparker66 Black Belt

it's called being a yes man and saying and doing what ever you have to ,to get out of a situation or in his case a reduced sentence .
    would be my guess

18. evergreenrider Honky-tonk Hero's

Fentanyl is actually being cut into just about any drug it can. News reports mention fentanyl laced cocaine quite regularly

19. D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

20. Rebel_LioN Silver Belt

He prob meant he’s not a habitual user, probably got caught off guard partying while he got the call up on 3 days notice.

Put the pitch fork down and let the man live. Not like any of you are saints.

Ironically though his day job is a Nurse from what I’ve read. Also read that he had lost a 4 year old child, I don’t remember the reason.