Dequan Townsend addresses USADA suspension for cocaine, fentanyl: "I am not a drug user"

Do people normally have cocaine and fentanyl? Seems like their effects would cancel out unless you chase them with meth or E or something.
Some shady dealers cut their coke with it then sell it to people that have no idea. It's been happening alot and people have been dying.

“There’s thousands of different ways that things can get into your system,” Townsend said. “Me personally, I am not a drug user. I don’t discriminate, I don’t judge anybody who does drugs personally. What they do in their free time is what they do in their free time.

I took this fight on three days’ notice. I was hanging around the wrong crowd. There’s a thousand different ways things can happen, and (it ended) up getting into my system, and I just did what I needed to do and took the necessary steps I needed to in order to get this situation behind me. That was that, and I’m moving forward from it.”

“There’s different ways, and one of the most common ways is [through the] mucous membrane,” Townsend said. “That’s one of the most common ways. If you sleep with somebody or engage in any sexual activity with someone who is a user or who does what they do on the side or whatever, it can get into your system through sweat, different sexual activities. There’s different ways it can get into your system. That’s one way.

Also, touching stuff. I am a nurse – that’s my nine-to-five. I’m not sure if a lot of people know; people in Lansing actually know that’s my actual nine-to-five job. That could have been a way that it happened. But as I said in general, it was three days’ notice, (and) I obviously wasn’t aware or extra careful because I didn’t plan on fighting in the UFC.”

<DontBelieve1>

First he was "hanging with the wrong crowd", then "i fucked a junkie", then "it got through osmosis in the hospital i work at"...

Seems all over the place with multiple excuses. Dead giveaway. But i guess he needs to keep appearences because of his actual job.... so i understand

Otherwise just take it on the chest and go out like a savage mad man <36>. He would definitely have made some fans from that angle

More at: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...ine-fentanyl-metabolites-i-am-not-a-drug-user

Hey, I accidentally take fentanyl all the time

Second hand cocaine is serious business

I tested positive shortly after watching a Jon Jones fight

the guy had 1 ufc fight and got his ass whooped. so who cares???

Here's the thing. His suspension was reduced from 2 years to 6 months which is dependant on completing a drug rehabilitation program

View attachment 714783

How can you do a drug rehabilitation program if you didnt do drugs?

That's like sending someone who's never drunk alcohol to AA meetings.

Maybe he had sex with someone who completed a treatment program, and the benefits of it transferred to him.

Oh, shut up lad!

You had a big night/weekend because you weren't expecting a fucking UFC call-up on short notice - or maybe you had that big weekend to celebrate it. You thought it'd be out your system by the time you fought Lungiambula, it wasn't, you got caught. Take it like a champ. It's a bit of coke, like - who cares. But Townsend needs to be careful who he's scoring off when its cut with that fentanyl shit.

Who cares just say u went on a wee bender

Im not sure how plausible the excuses are but I would lean towards him not having been doing drugs, personally....Ive never met someone on fent and coke that could hold together a 9-5 nursing job and a dedicated workout regiment that most fighters have
There's been studies showing that a huge portion of nurses and other medical staff abuse opiates. Coke has no boundaries at all. It's absolutely possible

There's been studies showing that a huge portion of nurses and other medical staff abuse opiates. Coke has no boundaries at all. It's absolutely possible
they certainly have the access to it and for sure there are lots of cases of addicts amongst hospital staff, its more the aspect of addicts have little time for anything other than being addicts full time job +at least part time workout schedule doesnt leave alot of time

I dont know the guy personally ...barely even know him as a fighter so maybe he did do those things.....maybe hes not an addict and just had a bad((good)) weekend....I'd like to think that a fighter((usually very highly motivated people)) working a nursing profession is a positive person ((fent and coke are not positive things)) so in my opinion...as it stands now he seems to mean what hes saying

Did he find out about his drug test failure 30 seconds before the interview ? That's literally the worst thought-out excuse I ever heard.

unfortunately, one cannot ascertain if another does drugs just based on appearance
dequan1.jpg

A lot of nurses do coke. Opiates not so much, if you are addicted to opiates and are a nurse that shit spirals fast

The stuff isnt even banned out of competition if I'm correct? And the fight was really short notice? Why not just own up to it. If he didnt know he would be fighting then who cares
If you hanging around a smoker, and you get tested for nicotine, and the results are positive, does that mean you are a smoker? If he is a nurse in the USA, then he probably gets drug tested, and he has access to a lot of narcotics. So, if he was a junkie, then he would have ruined his life by now.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

dude is full of shit and probably did a line or two at the club one night.

I’ve known a few people who have died in the last few years from Fent laced drugs

if you live in any major city especially on the west coast the shit is everywhere now. People overdosing every fucking hour it seems. It’s pretty much epidemic at this point. Hospital ER is full of people being brought back to life then the cycle continues again. need to,reopen the mental hospitals and think about forced rehab or these streets will just get worse.

I just stick to the weed man.

it's all the dihydrogen monoxide in the water up there. getting in his mucous membranes n shit

Im not sure how plausible the excuses are but I would lean towards him not having been doing drugs, personally....Ive never met someone on fent and coke that could hold together a 9-5 nursing job and a dedicated workout regiment that most fighters have

lmao because you haven’t met them it’s not possible.

I’ve known many unfortunately. Coke and opiates/during day and then Xanax or opiates at night sometimes with alcohol to crash unless they go the Xanax route the alcohol is not needed. Yes it’s easy to do if you have discipline. People just get caught up by the random employment drug tests like this dude

Back