• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Depression medication anyone?

Weed can be pretty strong high THC and hard to kick with real withdrawl

What do you think why people like Snoop and Whiz didn't skip a day of pot in 20 years
Pill addiction death vs Weed addiction death... what are the numbers like? Millions for pills? 20 for weed? 5 for weed? None?

Unlike pills you can’t O.D. from weed and there are no withdrawals cause you won’t feel like you’re dying trying to get off em when you wanna get off em

And you can skip days, weeks, months and years without any issues even if you’ve been on it forever ...

Pill addiction death vs Weed addiction death... what are the numbers like? Millions for pills? 20 for weed? 5 for weed? None?

Unlike pills you can’t O.D. from weed and there are no withdrawals cause you won’t feel like you’re dying trying to get off em when you wanna get off em

And you can skip days, weeks, months and years without any issues even if you’ve been on it forever ...

Did you ever smoke straight everyday for years and then cold turkey stopped ?

Pills is not the right term. You're thinking benzoa or opiodes. A pill isn't a specific substance. This is about anti depressants and people don't overdose on them unless they wanna like commit suicide not sure if antidepressants can even be used for that.

In terms of Recreational drugs in pill form, yes weed is 40 times better and natural.

I'd probably pick weed over antidepressants too. Not sure. Depends how much weed.

But just saying weed can be abused too. Many get stuck on it. Some develop serious side effects of it. Mood and mental health wise.

Take care

Did you ever smoke straight everyday for years and then cold turkey stopped ?

Pills is not the right term. You're thinking benzoa or opiodes. A pill isn't a specific substance. This is about anti depressants and people don't overdose on them unless they wanna like commit suicide not sure if antidepressants can even be used for that.

In terms of Recreational drugs in pill form, yes weed is 40 times better and natural.

I'd probably pick weed over antidepressants too. Not sure. Depends how much weed.

But just saying weed can be abused too. Many get stuck on it. Some develop serious side effects of it. Mood and mental health wise.

Take care
We’re talking about antidepressant pills aren’t we ? So pills are the correct term on here isn’t it ? Yea, weed can be abused (anything can) and from that some develop mood and mental issues... but again you’re gonna develop those issues much worse on pills (antidepressants)

*Antidepressants Pill Addiction Death Total vs Weed Addiction Death Total .. still curious for the numbers

In the history of people being addicted to antidepressant pills... whichever ones y’all talking about what are the deaths total? Every type of antidepressant pills you take and if you become addicted to them it’s a fact you’re gonna go through hard withdrawals... Is this not true?

I smoked everyday straight for like a year and half... stopped next day cold turkey then smoked again on New Years. The only thing that happened was I didn’t feel like eating lunch... no cold sweats, mood swings or whatever negatives... felt normal and next day it’s just boredom and you just go about your day... and I’ve been on it forever

We’re talking about antidepressant pills aren’t we ? So pills are the correct term on here isn’t it ? Yea, weed can be abused (anything can) and from that some develop mood and mental issues... but again you’re gonna develop those issues much worse on pills (antidepressants)

*Antidepressants Pill Addiction Death Total vs Weed Addiction Death Total .. still curious for the numbers

In the history of people being addicted to antidepressant pills... whichever ones y’all talking about what are the deaths total? Every type of antidepressant pills you take and if you become addicted to them it’s a fact you’re gonna go through hard withdrawals... Is this not true?

I smoked everyday straight for like a year and half... stopped next day cold turkey then smoked again on New Years. The only thing that happened was I didn’t feel like eating lunch... no cold sweats, mood swings or whatever negatives... felt normal and next day it’s just boredom and you just go about your day... and I’ve been on it forever

You been on it forever so you never really quit maybe a few weeks

Not judging you

Just saying

And some people can handle weed really well

Also if were being honest did you actually fully stop for a few weeks months or just 1 day and then smoked half of your friends joint.

Anyways that's you're privacy. Just putting it out there weed is a drug too. Obviously miles better then opiodes, cocaine or amphetamine. But not necessary healthy to do it all day everyday. But again you're life and have a nice weekend my man.

Some people do get affected from weed badly, like psychosis, mood swings, aggression, lazyness, paranoia ect. Even the cost of it. Some people will smoke half a house in 2 decades.

Antidepressants are unhealthy but might help some people win Vs some criss. In any case they will do damage too and many shouldn't even take them. Then even if they do they should work on thesmelve and their life to win long term Vs unhapyness. In any case biologically antidepressants have their side effects and will make you addicted to them. Yes I would say likely way more addicted then weed. However they also don't get you high so people won't start upping the dosis.

Weed is fun, smells good, social. But it can also turn ugly and have bad affects on someone. Some people will react better to it some worse.

In any case weed is natural and pills are synthetic.

Ight. Have a good Friday.

Weed is not toxic it doesn't kill you but it sure made many people go crazy or go crazier. You never knew or heard of people who got psychosis from weed or increased their psychosis ? Or like first time smokers running into the woods confused ect. Fat Joe just said how he ended up naked in the street thinking someone is after him after smoking weed. Happens when tolerance is 0 and you smoke from someone joint who is a solid smoker. New gen weed gets bred to have high THC %.

You been on it forever so you never really quit maybe a few weeks

Not judging you

Just saying

And some people can handle weed really well

Also if were being honest did you actually fully stop for a few weeks months or just 1 day and then smoked half of your friends joint.

Anyways that's you're privacy. Just putting it out there weed is a drug too. Obviously miles better then opiodes, cocaine or amphetamine. But not necessary healthy to do it all day everyday. But again you're life and have a nice weekend my man.

Some people do get affected from weed badly, like psychosis, mood swings, aggression, lazyness, paranoia ect. Even the cost of it. Some people will smoke half a house in 2 decades.

Antidepressants are unhealthy but might help some people win Vs some criss. In any case they will do damage too and many shouldn't even take them. Then even if they do they should work on thesmelve and their life to win long term Vs unhapyness. In any case biologically antidepressants have their side effects and will make you addicted to them. Yes I would say likely way more addicted then weed. However they also don't get you high so people won't start upping the dosis.

Weed is fun, smells good, social. But it can also turn ugly and have bad affects on someone. Some people will react better to it some worse.

In any case weed is natural and pills are synthetic.

Ight. Have a good Friday.
Lol what privacy we both in here either being pro weed or pro pills... and it’s strange how you ask questions, but then right after make assumptions?

I think you got confused reread it...I said I smoked everyday for over a year and half then smoked again on New Years ... so it was a 6-7 months break

Ive taken breaks for over a year multiple times... I mentioned the year n half because you asked smoking everyday straight without missing a day

Still curious about the history of Death total numbers on antidepressant pills, but you keep ignoring it...

I get it the stigma on weed will always be there so people are scared off by it... but the irony in thinking that pills are the safer route smh

I’m only pointing out the fact that if you wanna take something for depression the alternative is the safer option

And you can get weed in pill form with no thc and just cbd only I believe... or there’s barely any thc you’re not gonna feel anything other than the cbd you need for your depression

Weed is not toxic it doesn't kill you but it sure made many people go crazy or go crazier. You never knew or heard of people who got psychosis from weed or increased their psychosis ? Or like first time smokers running into the woods confused ect. Fat Joe just said how he ended up naked in the street thinking someone is after him after smoking weed. Happens when tolerance is 0 and you smoke from someone joint who is a solid smoker. New gen weed gets bred to have high THC %.
You bringing up fat joe stories tells me everything now... weak ass troll job

How about a dietitian first? Maybe not getting enough nutrients or the right combo of nutrients to help them get absorbed. Sometimes I notice I'm feeling better with less salt and more potassium.

giphy.gif

When alternative is not functioning or killing yourself? Yeah.

I have a very strong, extremely strong, suspicion that weed slams around your brains neurtransmitter levels much harder than nearly any anti-depressant. THC has fucked me up way, way, harder than any SSRI or similar drug. You smoke enough weed and you fuck up your dopamine system completely. Snoop Dog would be crippled if he went cold turkey with anxiety and paranoia.

Jesus Christ you get fucking stupid advice on this website sometimes.

Go to your family Doctor you trust. Get advice. Go see a Psychiatrist or Psychologist. If they think medication is indicated, try it.

Most SSRIs are well tolerated with very minimal side effects.

Gardening and being around with nature is the real anti-depressant drug for me. They can instantly remove all of your problem around you when you’re around and taking care of them and that what makes it addicting to me.

I’m sure people see me as some sort of mental ill weirdo staring at nature but I do this for a reason.

When alternative is not functioning or killing yourself? Yeah.
I believe my post was a response to Throw it to Lucas!'s obvious joke, which I found amusing / no disrespect to anyone suffering any kind of mental distress. Been there myself. If there's one thing that saved me and others I know (plenty of ex-military) who have struggled with anxiety on occasion, it was exercise, good old-fashioned human interaction, carefully thought out medication, and last but not least, a little bit of humor, which I thankfully found plenty of here on Sherdog for the past ten years. Oddly enough, this platform has served me well as a sounding board, and a healthy distraction when needed. Go figure.

Don't listen to any of these 20 something dumb fucks who have never had to face adversity. Their only advice is the workout more, masturbate, and have sex because that's fulfillment to them at a young age.

Talk to your doctor.

I have a very strong, extremely strong, suspicion that weed slams around your brains neurtransmitter levels much harder than nearly any anti-depressant. THC has fucked me up way, way, harder than any SSRI or similar drug. You smoke enough weed and you fuck up your dopamine system completely. Snoop Dog would be crippled if he went cold turkey with anxiety and paranoia.
Read or reread my post before this because I’ve already explained,... feels like we’re going around in circles with this

And Jesus Christ the stupid advices on here,.. yea I agree.. and yea, I’m sure your family doctors.. who’s job is to make sure them prescription bottles are filled up have your best interest...

Take all the antidepressant pills ya want if ya think it’ll help... Nobodies forcing anyone here to smoke or take cbd pills... or any other alternative routes... Just pointing out facts

Quite a few retards in this thread that have no idea what depression actually is.

Look, if it's situational... ie) say your dog died and you are blue. The fix is time, not medication.

If you are actually depressed, YES go see your fucking doctor, and by all means try counselling, but if it's actually depression, counselling quite likely won't cut it and you will need medication.

SSRI's/SNRI's/mixed agonists are all delightful, and can absolutely change your life BUT it's not one size fits all. What's good for you might not be what's good for me, and sometimes you have to try a few options before you find the right fit.

Supposedly genetic testing can give you a better chance of a successful outcome, but it's expensive, and even with that selection is guaranteed.

You bringing up fat joe stories tells me everything now... weak ass troll job

It happened to me too. Weed ruined me a few times.

So you stopped and say you don't got illl effects of it. Doesn't mean that noone had them

Also I don't think weed is prescribed as an antidepressant.

I don't have stigma around weed I have expiriences.

And I know people like you where it's just a habbit and they don't get real side effects. But they all wanna smoke daily and get moody if they don't. Still don't get crazy or agressive.

You can smoke weed it's fine with me I don't mind it.

Gardening and being around with nature is the real anti-depressant drug for me. They can instantly remove all of your problem around you when you’re around and taking care of them and that what makes it addicting to me.

I’m sure people see me as some sort of mental ill weirdo staring at nature but I do this for a reason.

No nature is super healthy. Seeing watter and plants. Walking on the earth and not concrete. Very natural.

Anyone here take depression medication? Have you had any luck with it?

I'm thinking of talking to my doc about it, but have heard bad things

Depression medication in my family has always been alcohol. Yes, depressing.

I think the first thing you have to figure out is if you actually have depression or if you're a bit down because there's a significant difference.

Being down and being sad about situations in life is normal, I would probably recommend therapy as the primary option if that's your situation.

If you feel down for no reason whatsoever even when things should be going well in life, feel empty inside and feel like life is generally pointless then that's more depression.

I take SSRI's and have done for more than a decade. Prior to getting on them I could have been a billionaire banging 10s every night and I'd still have been depressed. Since taking them I've been fine got a solid job, got a house and am bringing up a kid.

If you have genuine depression I can't recommend taking medication enough.

Back