• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Depression medication anyone?

Richmma80

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Anyone here take depression medication? Have you had any luck with it?

I'm thinking of talking to my doc about it, but have heard bad things

I know people who have.

You can try it and see how it goes. If you don't like it you can always stop.

Although some medications you have to stop gradually, not all at once.

From what I've heard some people think the side effects are worth it and some don't. But don't be afraid to try it. I don't think they do anything permanently but your doctor could tell you for sure.

May I ask, do you abuse alcohol or other recreational substances?

May I recommend this instead:
GTWH0247.jpg

I've known quite a few people who took SSRIs, none of their lives improved and all of them got worse, some of them are dead (depression is frequently accompanied by addiction.)

I struggled with depression for a few years until I got heavily into martial arts and exercise. Probably saved my life.

Didn't they just recently announce that SSRIs are kind of BS or something like that? Like they don't know exactly what it does.

With a good quality single malt, he shouldn't need meds.
I was diagnosed as depressed but the reality was I just needed to quit drinking and doing drugs. I don't know if that's what's going on with you or not but I am not depressed anymore after getting sober.

If that's not whats going on with you, I would still try all other options before getting on medication. Like therapy, exercise, developing a better sleep habit, eating healthier.

Seems like these anti depressants are over prescribed imo

I was diagnosed as depressed but the reality was I just needed to quit drinking and doing drugs. I don't know if that's what's going on with you or not but I am not depressed anymore after getting sober.

If that's not whats going on with you, I would still try all other options before getting on medication. Like therapy, exercise, developing a better sleep habit, eating healthier.

Seems like these anti depressants are over prescribed imo

Yeah, look... all joking aside. I can't fucking stand those anti-depressants and would never take them. My mum got cancer, recovered but wasn't in a good place at the time so of course, her Dr immediately put her on that crap and just kept putting her on more and more over the years and she now just has no chance of ever getting off them. Getting someone addicted for life to these drugs because they had been through some traumatic shit is just fucked up, especially given the kickbacks and free trips that the doctors get from those big pharmas.

I am 44 and have been working out my entire life... seems to be working for me so far.

My actual advice on the subject is: Write down everything you don't like about your life, come up with plans to fix each of them and get your ass in the gym.

Exercise is a natural antidepressant.

That, and Alcohol is a major cause of depression.

SSRI - Your brain produces seratonin, a natural mood enhancer. Brain only produces so much, and SSRI meds (Paxil Prozac, Lexapro, etc.) are SUPPOSED to allow seratonin to flow more freely.

Changes in lifestyle, if negative and changeable, is the best anti-depressant.

Last edited:
Yeah, look... all joking aside. I can't fucking stand those anti-depressants and would never take them. My mum got cancer, recovered but wasn't in a good place at the time so of course, her Dr immediately put her on that crap and just kept putting her on more and more over the years and she now just has no chance of ever getting off them. Getting someone addicted for life to these drugs because they had been through some traumatic shit is just fucked up, especially given the kickbacks and free trips that the doctors get from those big pharmas.

I am 44 and have been working out my entire life... seems to be working for me so far.

My actual advice on the subject is: Write down everything you don't like about your life, come up with plans to fix each of them and get your ass in the gym.
They are designed to turn you into a lifetime customer who can never stop taking them.

Back