Deontay Wilder would be a small LHW

Takedown -> GnP/submission -> all over -> bye bye

Wilder would be top 3 at LHW or HW without even any takedown defence/grappling training

Why does everybody assume that boxers can never learn enough basic take down defence and grappling to be competitive in mma? What pro boxers have you seen dedicate say 12 months to pure mma training? its never been done before therefore nobody knows how good an elite boxer in his prime could do if he dedicated him self to mma the way he's dedicated him self to boxing.

Wilder is arguable the biggest puncher in combat sports history and has power for 12 rounds, in a 3-5 round fight the pace and intensity he could set would be crazy. He may very well just get taken down and tapped out in minuets but so many people just assume a boxer could never transition and do well, its never been done by any pro boxer in their prime. Punch drunk retarded james toney who had zero idea what the hell mma really even was doesn't count. Nobody knows.
I agree 100%. It’s weird how people assume A level athletes like Joshua and Wilder wouldn’t be able to adapt to MMA.

If Francis Ngannou, JDS and Derrick Lewis are top heavyweights. Joshua and Wilder would both do very well

Jones is defending his belt in his weightclass. He is where he should and has to be. There is a whole line of contenders trying to dethrone him. In fact, he'd be hiding from them if he changed weightclass.

Consecutive title defenses is the hardest thing to do in MMA.

You're just a hater.
Jones is a ped abuser popped dirty several times, end of discussion also he is tall and long and walks around at 235 why not test yourself at heavyweight, if at 5 foot 9 DC can do it why not JJ if he the goat.

Deontay would get mauled in mma. But the question isn't wilder jumping in now, its more if he was an mma fighter with the appropriate skill set could he make 205 and the answer is no he could make 185 I'm sure.

<36><{titihmm}><{titihmm}><JonesLaugh><Fedor23><{danayeah}><Dana05><{cruzshake}><{CMPALM}><mma4>:meow:<DCWhoa>Do you want to be a fighter???...
Here’s is your $500 sponsor pay from rebook. Welcome youre a ufc fighter..,

Last edited:
He would not be a small LHW. He's shredded as fuck at 223 pounds.

He would never be in MMA. He's making tens of millions of dollars boxing... he's going to take 200k to have someone kicking his leg and trying to take him down?

Thats not the point you autist. Its a hypothetical question where we imagine how it would play out, because we’re bored and wanna kill some time.

The guy would trip over his own feet swinging for the fences and then his opponent would pounce and submit him.

Miocic or Cormier would wipe the floor with him.

Ngannou's punches and movement here are way more controlled than what we see from Wilder when he's starts swinging. He's postured to account for the threat of the takedown and was still taken down by Stipe in this fight. I don't see your point.

I dont think Wilder would beat Stipe, but in that scenario right there Wilder would have laid Stipe out.

If Deontay trained MMA since he was 20 he'd have been incredible.

Guys with his athleticism and explosiveness wouldn't just punch hard. They''d kick hard, knee hard and elbow hard. I'd love to see Deontay lay some knees into someone's body in the clinch if he was trained for it, he'd get some insane leverage and he'd floor dudes.

MMA fans are pathetically insecure lol.
I don't understand why in these hypotheticals they instantly say "leg kicks lol, grappling lol". Obviously if they came in with no training, but given the proper training who knows. Cro Cop did well for himself

I don't understand why in these hypotheticals they instantly say "leg kicks lol, grappling lol". Obviously if they came in with no training, but given the proper training who knows. Cro Cop did well for himself

hes a boxer, thats the biggest problem.

Lomachenko is the most athletic midget right know. He was a skilled wrestler, judoka and a national samboist ... "bbut kicks ... but takedown!!"

its ignorance and insecurity.

Last edited:
I enjoy the sport of MMA but the fact is it doesn't pay well and it doesn't attract top level fighters. If you are a skilled combatant you are much better off in boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, etc. No question about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back