Deontay Wilder: 'No one in the US knows Anthony Joshua's name... he needs to fight me to be a global

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
This guy makes me fucking laugh a LOT

Nobody knows who he is in his home country, i would even wager that more people in the UK know who Wilder is than the country he lives in

AJ is waaay more popular in the UK than Deontay is in the US, but no way the general public here in the States knows Joshua better than Wilder. AJ seems like a star across the pond, but nobody here really knows him if they're not boxing fans, Deontay not that popular either but he is the bigger name here, for sure.

Joshua is popular and local.

Wilder isn’t vocal and has no support.

Wilders trying to get people talking about him. (Its working.)

Nothing to see here really.

Sorry bud, that's not true at all.

Hes trying to talk his way into a better deal if he can get passed King Kong

I preferred the old Wilder

Me too but being a loudmouth jackass generates fans and haters which gets big fights signed.

It's shitty but that is how the game is played especially at heavyweight where it's incredibly easy for any big fighter to dodge any other fighter.

The real question is do people in the USADA know who Joshua is?

The US is the bigger pond, but Wilder (and dont get me wrong, I like the guy) is a goldfish there.

They both better hope Parker and Ortiz dont throw a spanner in the works anyway.

Wilder is reaching, desperate even.

This all started because Joshua said Wilders Management is a joke and he's absolutely right.

Wilder may be the best HW in the world but without Joshua we'll never know.

Why? because while Wilder's been sitting fighting bums in the US, Joshua the newbie has gone out and after he beats Parker will have amassed 4 titles, 3 of them major titles.

Wilder has one.

You have to ask yourself what the fk has he been doing all this time?

This has a lot to do with and I'm sorry to say it, American greed and arrogance.

American managers and promoters want it all their own way, fight in America and through American agents only.

British fighters are working with Russia, whole of Europe, whoever.

American boxers have frozen themselves out of the global scene, sat, shouting from isolation.
They expect people like GGG to come to them and sign up, well Joshua is showing what happens if you stick to your guns.

Once Joshua needed Wilder, now he could leave Wilder to rot out in the cold.

Wilder just needs to start doing a:
image-2.jpeg

Wilder is reaching, desperate even.

This all started because Joshua said Wilders Management is a joke and he's absolutely right.

Wilder may be the best HW in the world but without Joshua we'll never know.

Why? because while Wilder's been sitting fighting bums in the US, Joshua the newbie has gone out and after he beats Parker will have amassed 4 titles, 3 of them major titles.

Wilder has one.

You have to ask yourself what the fk has he been doing all this time?

This has a lot to do with and I'm sorry to say it, American greed and arrogance.

American managers and promoters want it all their own way, fight in America and through American agents only.

British fighters are working with Russia, whole of Europe, whoever.

American boxers have frozen themselves out of the global scene, sat, shouting from isolation.
They expect people like GGG to come to them and sign up, well Joshua is showing what happens if you stick to your guns.

Once Joshua needed Wilder, now he could leave Wilder to rot out in the cold.
What a crock of dog shit. Wilder already crossed the pond for Povetkin but someone cant piss clean.

“Frozen themselves out of the global scene” yet all the biggest fights are still happening here? Got it.

What a crock of dog shit. Wilder already crossed the pond for Povetkin but someone cant piss clean.

“Frozen themselves out of the global scene” yet all the biggest fights are still happening here? Got it.

The "Big Fights" like Joshua vs Klitschko, or like Mayweather vs McGregor?

The USA loves itself a circus. No need to get all triggered.

The "Big Fights" like Joshua vs Klitschko, or like Mayweather vs McGregor?

The USA loves itself a circus. No need to get all triggered.
Want to compile a list of the highest grossing fights and show me how many were outside of the States? Ill wait.

No one is triggered, its just a hilariously stupid comment. Las Vegas and New York rule Boxing. It isnt even remotely close.

The US is definitely the best place to get folks to pay to watch a boxing match on TV.
The PPV model is first and formost a North American phenomenon so it shouldn't be too surprizing that the majority of huge ppv fights happen in the US.

If you look at the sport in terms of more recent history, say the last decade or so, it seems to me that the US is NOT the hotbed of the sport that it once was. Moreover, if you don't include Mayweather even the ppv boxing returns for the last decade are rather crappy.

Back