Democrats refuse to play ball with Republicans

This administration and all of its enablers on the Hill have crossed lines never before crossed in the modern era. They have chosen to change the rules of the Washington game as it relates to respect and decorum. They now must accept and take responsibility for the fall out.

I don't think turning up the angst is going to work in Democrats' favor. By all means, you are welcome to try.

The Left keeps saying this, but he's governed pretty much from the center. He would have supported a bill to legalize the DREAMers (a move I would have strongly opposed), but the Left didn't want to take that issue of the table. They wanted something to be angry about. This is typical of the Left – they assume America views Trump as "far Right" and "not giving an inch." We happen to think he's a pretty reasonable guy.
We will see what Mueller presents. Maybe the president is innocent of any crimes. There's no doubt that he's a liar. Your claims don't carry any more weight.

To be fair, I believe that's the angle at play here. Remember the parties are all in on this shit.

Now the republicans will all talk about how petty and divisive the dems are, while the dems say they refuse to play with nazis at such a hostile time. And were gonna eat that shit up

I was a Democrat when the Republicans were in the minority. I remember thinking that Republicans were unreasonably obstructing. I thought they were acting like asshats, especially when it came to things like the debt ceiling. Now I'm an Independent (Right-leaning I guess), and I think the Democrats are worse. Democrats are rejecting bills they should actually support because they don't want it to be credited to Trump.

I was a Democrat when the Republicans were in the minority. I remember thinking that Republicans were unreasonably obstructing. I thought they were acting like asshats, especially when it came to things like the debt ceiling. Now I'm an Independent (Right-leaning I guess), and I think the Democrats are worse. Democrats are rejecting bills they should actually support because they don't want it to be credited to Trump.
Yep. Funny how the roles just reverse and we fall for it every single time.

We will see what Mueller presents. Maybe the president is innocent of any crimes. There's no doubt that he's a liar. Your claims don't carry any more weight.

Why, Langford, my brother, what have I done to earn your distrust?

Mueller's probe will probably end in disgrace. We all know how it started. There's "no there there." I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller loses the Manafort trial too (TBH, I thought they had much stronger evidence than what they're presenting). The real question is whether Mueller and his team go to jail, and whether they're tried in federal court or military tribunals.

Yep. Funny how the roles just reverse and we fall for it every single time.

Something weird happened around 2015-2016 man. I stayed the same, but everyone went batshit crazy.

Scratch softball and make it an open weight mma tournament. We already know Rand Paul has no tdd.

Last edited:
I don't think turning up the angst is going to work in Democrats' favor. By all means, you are welcome to try.

Most people who possess dignity and self-respect understand that it's logical and proper to say "no thanks" to an offer to go out for a beer on Friday afternoon from the guy at the office who mocked and ridiculed you in front of your coworkers all week.

But you strike me as a toady so you may not get this.

Scratch softball and make it an open weight mma tournament. We already know Rand Paul has no tdd.

If Jim Jordan improves his striking, he could be a force to be reckoned with.

Most people who possess dignity and self-respect understand that it's logical and proper to say "no thanks" to an offer to go out for a beer on Friday afternoon from the guy at the office who mocked and ridiculed you in front of your coworkers all week.

But you strike me as a toady so you may not get this.

IDK man, nobody's ever done that to me. Sorry if that happened to you, people can be dicks. Some people like to rib and tease their friends (I know I do), so it's not always meant to be disrespectful.

Mueller's probe will probably end in disgrace. We all know how it started. There's "no there there." I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller loses the Manafort trial too (TBH, I thought they had much stronger evidence than what they're presenting). The real question is whether Mueller and his team go to jail, and whether they're tried in federal court or military tribunals.
This must be your attempt at comic relief

It's for quotes like this. And I don't dislike you personally because you might be a great guy. It's just when people completely disregard a person's character, and attribute some noble aura, when their history and current actions speak much louder than words, then it's a little hard not to think you've either been hoodwinked or are just happy to disregard the evidence before your eyes for your political gain. I'm still not sure if you ever really were a Democrat, but if so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, it's not like the dem leaders we've had are above reproach. That you play into Trump's narrative so strongly does give me pause. I don't know what evidence Mueller has, or how deeply Trump himself was involved in the Russian meddling, but the "nothingburger" is evidence enough that there was an opportunity for collusion and that Trump's team had a motive. If you consider Manafort's history with Russia and Ukraine then there's absolutely no doubt we should have this investigation. To attempt to discredit and terminate just reeks of guilt.

Maybe the Republicans can get the green party to take their place. Really I don't care about this at all. It does kinda suck to have only two major parties to choose from. When one side is in power the other side doesn't want to play nice, we saw that under Obama with the Republicans.

IDK man, nobody's ever done that to me. Sorry if that happened to you, people can be dicks. Some people like to rib and tease their friends (I know I do), so it's not always meant to be disrespectful.
Some people just like to demean others to make themselves feel better or seem "alpha". You know who are friends joking and who are people that just want to trample on you.

I am not speaking out of my experience. I was trying to use an illustration that the average joe can relate to.

No one is "upping the ante" when they refuse to participate in a couple hours of chumminess with someone who has previously been acting like an asshole around them. Any tension or negativity that exists is the creation and responsibility of the human anus.

Maybe the Republicans can get the green party to take their place. Really I don't care about this at all. It does kinda suck to have only two major parties to choose from. When one side is in power the other side doesn't want to play nice, we saw that under Obama with the Republicans.
The green party was used by Russia to siphon dem votes. We need to have mature discourse and respect others' views. There is no place for a religious state though. This is not a Christian country. We are a secular country that respects religious beliefs and that's part of what makes us great. Just look at places like Venezuela and Turkey to look at what our future would be like with an autocratic Trump regime.

Back