Democrats refuse to play ball with Republicans

The green party was used by Russia to siphon dem votes. We need to have mature discourse and respect others' views. There is no place for a religious state though. This is not a Christian country. We are a secular country that respects religious beliefs and that's part of what makes us great. Just look at places like Venezuela and Turkey to look at what our future would be like with an autocratic Trump regime.

I picked the green party for a reason ;). Outside of all of the Russian shit and Trump it still sucks to only have two major parties, especially when they start to swing to farther extremes. People get stuck supporting ideologies that they may not necessarily support because the other side is on an extreme on one issue. With all that being said fuck the GOP.

The Left keeps saying this, but he's governed pretty much from the center. He would have supported a bill to legalize the DREAMers (a move I would have strongly opposed), but the Left didn't want to take that issue of the table. They wanted something to be angry about. This is typical of the Left – they assume America views Trump as "far Right" and "not giving an inch." We happen to think he's a pretty reasonable guy.
Ok, just stop, you're as full of shit as Trump and Hannity.

You think this ball game is petty, just wait till the POTUS doesn't invite professional sports teams to WH.

It's for quotes like this. And I don't dislike you personally because you might be a great guy. It's just when people completely disregard a person's character, and attribute some noble aura, when their history and current actions speak much louder than words, then it's a little hard not to think you've either been hoodwinked or are just happy to disregard the evidence before your eyes for your political gain. I'm still not sure if you ever really were a Democrat, but if so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, it's not like the dem leaders we've had are above reproach. That you play into Trump's narrative so strongly does give me pause. I don't know what evidence Mueller has, or how deeply Trump himself was involved in the Russian meddling, but the "nothingburger" is evidence enough that there was an opportunity for collusion and that Trump's team had a motive. If you consider Manafort's history with Russia and Ukraine then there's absolutely no doubt we should have this investigation. To attempt to discredit and terminate just reeks of guilt.
You're out here chasing ghosts, and you seem all too willing to chase these into 2020.

When it comes time to vote and your party has no direction, no message and "but trump" please save us the excuses.

Good, some of those far left lesbo softball players are scary.

2378764.0.jpg

I picked the green party for a reason ;). Outside of all of the Russian shit and Trump it still sucks to only have two major parties, especially when they start to swing to farther extremes. People get stuck supporting ideologies that they may not necessarily support because the other side is on an extreme on one issue. With all that being said fuck the GOP.
I understand and agree with your sentiments. There really is a thing as wasted votes though. How the fuck is "you're fired" Trump president? I won't blame it on you but you did waste your vote. :p

I understand and agree with your sentiments. There really is a thing as wasted votes though. How the fuck is "you're fired" Trump president? I won't blame it on you but you did waste your vote. :p
I did absolutely waste my vote, but for a reason though, but it was not on Jill. I vote that crazy idiot Gary johnson, because I felt he was more likely to get the magic 5%. I don't feel bad.

You're out here chasing ghosts, and you seem all too willing to chase these into 2020.

When it comes time to vote and your party has no direction, no message and "but trump" please save us the excuses.
Shiiitt pilgrim, your boy ain't gonna be president come 2020, he'll be locked up next to Manafort. :cool:

I did absolutely waste my vote, but for a reason though, but it was not on Jill. I vote that crazy idiot Gary johnson, because I felt he was more likely to get the magic 5%. I don't feel bad.
Hahaha, well if it wasn't Trump we'd be complaining about Hillary, so don't feel too bad. :D

It's for quotes like this. And I don't dislike you personally because you might be a great guy. It's just when people completely disregard a person's character, and attribute some noble aura, when their history and current actions speak much louder than words, then it's a little hard not to think you've either been hoodwinked or are just happy to disregard the evidence before your eyes for your political gain. I'm still not sure if you ever really were a Democrat, but if so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, it's not like the dem leaders we've had are above reproach. That you play into Trump's narrative so strongly does give me pause. I don't know what evidence Mueller has, or how deeply Trump himself was involved in the Russian meddling, but the "nothingburger" is evidence enough that there was an opportunity for collusion and that Trump's team had a motive. If you consider Manafort's history with Russia and Ukraine then there's absolutely no doubt we should have this investigation. To attempt to discredit and terminate just reeks of guilt.

It's hard to explain, but I was very much a Democrat until a few years ago. I began moving rightward sometime around 2013. It wasn't anything in particular, but the Left's platform overall really caused me to question whether liberal politics is good for our country. Eventually, I took a step back and asked myself "what kind of world do I want my grandkids to live in?" I settled on this idea that nations should be culturally coherent, that laws must be enforced, and that a government owes a duty first and foremost to its citizens. When Donald Trump came along, he merely said what I had been thinking all along. Turns out alot of people on "the Left" felt the same way. The same reasons you hate him are probably the reasons I support him.

8 years of Republican obstructionism. The dems aren't acting anywhere near that badly. Also consider that Obama made conciliatory overtures and Trump just wants to stomp on anyone that voices a dissenting opinion.

I thought it was 6 years.

I'm just curious, do you have any Republican friends? Do you hang out with anyone who doesn't share your political views? Sometimes we here in the WR lose sight of the fact that world doesn't revolve around politics. This annual softball tradition was sort of a reminder that people are capable of coming together for a good time, regardless of disagreements. If we really can't come together over something like this, then... well maybe we can't come together.
He didn't even know about the Electoral College before the last election. Just pat him on the head and move on.

Ok, just stop, you're as full of shit as Trump and Hannity.

You think this ball game is petty, just wait till the POTUS doesn't invite professional sports teams to WH.

Hey man, can’t we just play a little softball round here? This might be the Democrats’ last chance at winning anything.

Politics has changed. They should do pro wrestling instead.

It's hard to explain, but I was very much a Democrat until a few years ago. I began moving rightward sometime around 2013. It wasn't anything in particular, but the Left's platform overall really caused me to question whether liberal politics is good for our country. Eventually, I took a step back and asked myself "what kind of world do I want my grandkids to live in?" I settled on this idea that nations should be culturally coherent, that laws must be enforced, and that a government owes a duty first and foremost to its citizens. When Donald Trump came along, he merely said what I had been thinking all along. Turns out alot of people on "the Left" felt the same way. The same reasons you hate him are probably the reasons I support him.
You support him because he's a liar, that's enriching himself, wasting our tax dollars patronizing his own properties, and giving his own tax bracket permanent tax breaks and nobody else?

It seems since Trump won, Democrats have done nothing but win.

Yeah, let’s see, National congressional seats. There’s um... Conor McLamb, Dug Jones, and umm... Virginia, and, uhh... Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and... shit help me out!

When the MSM claims that Dems “flipped” 40+ seats since Trump won, they’re including local races and state House districts. Most of those were in Virginia. There are more than 4,000 of those seats nationwide. Meanwhile, Republicans took special elections in Montana, Arizona, and Georgia. I believe they won another one too (Kansas perhaps?). So no, Dems haven’t exactly been cleaning up since Trump won. And if you look at the map of individual races, you’ll see there’s just no possibility of a Blue Wave.

So c’mon man, be cool!

You support him because he's a liar, that's enriching himself, wasting our tax dollars patronizing his own properties, and giving his own tax bracket permanent tax breaks and nobody else?

Don’t forget racist, sexist, bigot, xenophobic, islamophobic, ableist, ageist, and literally Hitler ;)

Back