Opinion Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee says George Bush and Liz Cheney are American Patriots

These threads crack me up.
Somebody said something dumb, and lets have a circle jerk over it.
Jackson has always been terrible, but much like Gaetz she is in a district the other party cant win. So she keeps getting elected, and keeps being a Dum Dum.
Bush was a shitty President. Seems like a decent dude but God Awful President.

This didn't happen, unless by holy war you mean, as per Congress' resolution to remove "a regime that developed and used weapons of mass destruction, that harbored and supported terrorists, committed outrageous human rights abuses, and defied the just demands of the United Nations and the world." What part of this is a crusade?
If God tells you to invade a country then what would you call it if not a holy war? Yeah, semantics and it wasn't exclusively based on his revelation, but let's not ignore it or discount it as meaningless.

>start new crusade
>Christians ethnically cleansed from Iraq

Profit???

>start new crusade
>Christians ethnically cleansed from Iraq

Profit???
We don't have to like either option, that's for sure. I'm a Canuck so am not coming at this from any angle but as an outside observer.

As for profit? Military expenditure in the us was somewhere around 650 billion in 2018 going off memory. That's a lot of motivation.

I think the refusal to go around with the attempt overturn democracy shows that as badly wrong as they are on a lot of issues, they genuinely do at least believe in the American project and are taking some risk (not so much W) to defend it. It's sad that it's so hard for people to say anything positive about people they disagree with. Used to be a common sentiment, but the right and idiot leftists like the TS are offended by it now.

Generally I agree. Particularly in Bush's 3rd act. He's Carter-esque in that he's been a much better former president than he ever was a president.

I think people's objections to saying nice things about George W. Bush has less to do with idological disagreements than various aspects of his leadership and personal character.

Politically no good can come of giving the "other side" a pat on the head. The base hates it. It doesn't play well in the media, and you'll get hit with it in the primaries.

Credit for not being aboard the Trump train is one thing, treating him like some media darling is another.

Shifting the focus from starting wars to being a doting grandfather who paints pictures is a clear result of his dislike of Trump. Both can, and are true, mind you but it's clear he's been given a pass for past fuck ups due convenience.

When I saw him trotted out on Ellen I couldn't help but think the clapping seals in her audience abandoned more important values in order to give "one of the good ones" adulation to bolster optics. The timing and shift in public image is a clear indication of no backbone.

I think "media darling" is vague and not really reality-based, but anyway, active policy fights are very important; maintaining personal hatred for people on the wrong side of them after they're no longer relevant isn't. YMMV, and I guess does in this case, but I don't really get judging other people for not having enough hatred.

Generally I agree. Particularly in Bush's 3rd act. He's Carter-esque in that he's been a much better former president than he ever was a president.

I think people's objections to saying nice things about George W. Bush has less to do with idological disagreements than various aspects of his leadership and personal character.

Politically no good can come of giving the "other side" a pat on the head. The base hates it. It doesn't play well in the media, and you'll get hit with it in the primaries.

Honestly, if that's the base, fuck the base. I value personal decency and policy, and I don't think that performative hatred should be encouraged.

I think "media darling" is vague and not really reality-based, but anyway, active policy fights are very important; maintaining personal hatred for people on the wrong side of them after they're no longer relevant isn't. YMMV, and I guess does in this case, but I don't really get judging other people for not having enough hatred.
I don't hate Bush. He's an excellent hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil monkey stand in. Very entertaining.

So what's the statute of limitations on holding leaders accountable, or at least being critical for their fuck ups? Does an affable personality erase the past once they're out of positions of power?

Honestly, if that's the base, fuck the base. I value personal decency and policy, and I don't think that performative hatred should be encouraged.

I'm not all that big on theatrics myself, but there is a difference between performative hatred and an equally performative public pat on the head.

Being neutral while an opposition party tries to sort out it's own mess is a completely viable option.

Hundreds of thousands of people dead including thousands of Americans
millions of people maimed for life including tens if not hundreds of thousands of Americans
That is George Bush's legacy not some crappy paintings and some faux friendship with Michelle Obama.

George Bush is a war monger.. families of fallen military should be allowed to piss on his grave when he kicks it

I don't hate Bush. He's an excellent hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil monkey stand in. Very entertaining.

So what's the statute of limitations on holding leaders accountable, or at least being critical for their fuck ups? Does an affable personality erase the past once they're out of positions of power?

If they commit crimes, they should be tried and receive the appropriate sentence. Beyond that, as I said, I think if they continue to have a negative impact, they should be criticized, and if they do something good, praising them for it is not objectionable. What were you saying showed a lack of integrity, specifically?

The Iraq war is still ongoing. You're not even letting the stink of his terrible decisions fade. What's next, are you going to be speaking favorably of Trump by the time the next Republican president is in office?

Bush to this day has not even apologized for his actions. He still believes the war in Iraq was a good idea. This is the equivalent of praising an unrepetent murderer.

The left now loves Bush and Cheney.

This was always about establishment vs non establishment. Leftists love people regardless of party that follow the status quo anyone that goes against are their enemies.

So you want to bet that there will be no federal MW increase while Biden is president?

There was already a 15 dollar raise for federal contractors. A universal 15 dollar minimum wage? No, extremely unlikely. I'll bump this thread in two years after Biden loses the senate.

In politics, the saying should be "You either die a villain or live long enough to become a hero".

Give it enough time and I guess people just straight up forget that you were a war criminal.

The Iraq war is still ongoing. You're not even letting the stink of his terrible decisions fade. What's next, are you going to be speaking favorably of Trump by the time the next Republican president is in office?

Bush to this day has not even apologized for his actions. He still believes the war in Iraq was a good idea. This is the equivalent of praising an unrepetent murderer.

You think we're at war with Iraq today?

There was already a 15 dollar raise for federal contractors. A universal 15 dollar minimum wage? No, extremely unlikely. I'll bump this thread in two years after Biden loses the senate.

:) I like the weasely change there. Do you think there will be any federal MW increase?

Back