Opinion Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee says George Bush and Liz Cheney are American Patriots

I can remember when Bush was being unironically compared to Hitler and whatnot.

As far as xenophobia goes, I can't recall any of that. I do remember that immigration numbers were high during that time; record numbers of Muslim immigrants came in every year; and in 2006 Bush and a gang of Republican senators tried to do a grand immigration deal that would have included an amnesty. This only got shot down because of extreme backlash from their constituency. Now, I haven't studied the numbers or done the math, but my recollection of the era was that Bush was pro immigration.

Not after 9/11. There was a crackdown on immigration and deportations skyrocketed. There was a lot of anti-immigrant sentiment, particularly towards Muslims.

I can't imagine fascists really agreeing with GW Bush about that much.

That said, this is going to segue into "what is fascism" and I'd prefer to avoid that, so lets just say that Bush was more center right, and that made people are the hard right not like him.

OK. Any American president will lean in the direction of their party but probably not represent the far end of it (but will be accused by critics on the other side of being at the far end). But what I'm saying is that the populist, authoritarian right that has become more prominent in the party agreed with W on most issues but were upset most by the fact that he was insufficiently nativist and racist.

:) I think I've demonstrated that I know a fuckload more about policy than you do. And your leftism is fake (entirely performative) as you oppose real-world efforts to implement left-leaning changes in policy.

That's literally what you do. You have zero substance and get sonned constantly and laughed out of threads. Not that you are even interested in left leaning changes in the first place.

That's literally what you do. You have zero substance and get sonned constantly and laughed out of threads. Not that you are even interested in left leaning changes in the first place.

That's never happened. Straight up lying again.

Did you even vote for Biden? Looking very much like child poverty has been cut in half, which is something that wouldn't have happened if the fake left got their way. Just to point to one example.

Not after 9/11. There was a crackdown on immigration and deportations skyrocketed. There was a lot of anti-immigrant sentiment, particularly towards Muslims.

If I recall Bush went to a masjid and made speeches about how this wasn't Islam, Muslims disavow these terrorists, etc. My recollection was that like a grand total of 3 people were killed in nativist attacks after 9/11 and one of them was a Sikh, which is a whole level of irony.

Well if anyone knows the measure of a true patriot its Sheila Jackson Lee.
e31877b5e8146cd1076d0737c0cbb4c0.jpg

No one should listen to a word this... Rep says. The only thing more shocking than how dumb she is... is that she keeps getting elected.

- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas proclaimed this week that the Constitution is 400 years old
- In 1997, while on a trip to the Mars Pathfinder operations center in California, Jackson Lee asked if the Pathfinder had succeeded in taking a picture of the flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969.
- “Today, we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working.” Jackson Lee went on to caution: “We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for a better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they are living side by side.” South Vietnam has not existed for almost 40 years since North Vietnamese forces took Saigon and reunified the former French colony in 1975.
- Don't condemn the gangbangers, they've got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don't have sensible gun legislation.
- I happen to represent Enron here in Houston. We have many good corporate citizens here in Houston. Enron happened to have been one.

That's never happened. Straight up lying again.

Did you even vote for Biden? Looking very much like child poverty has been cut in half, which is something that wouldn't have happened if the fake left got their way. Just to point to one example.

It's not looking like that at all. The main issue with Biden's Covid bill is that everything in there is temporary. Temporary fixes that won't fix long term problems. It's not transformative. The minimum wage increase would have been but that got taken out.

He did raise the wage for federal contracters. That's probably the best thing he's done.

It's not looking like that at all. The main issue with Biden's Covid bill is that everything in there is temporary. Temporary fixes that won't fix long term problems. It's not transformative. The minimum wage increase would have been but that got taken out.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to avoid the obvious, I guess. We'll also probably get a MW hike that we wouldn't have gotten if you guys had your way, but I'm sure there will be some dishonest fake leftist spin about how it's bad when it happens. Again, you guys don't give a shit about making anyone's life better--it's all about hating the right people, exactly like the right.

If I recall Bush went to a masjid and made speeches about how this wasn't Islam, Muslims disavow these terrorists, etc. My recollection was that like a grand total of 3 people were killed in nativist attacks after 9/11 and one of them was a Sikh, which is a whole level of irony.

He started ICE.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to avoid the obvious, I guess. We'll also probably get a MW hike that we wouldn't have gotten if you guys had your way, but I'm sure there will be some dishonest fake leftist spin about how it's bad when it happens. Again, you guys don't give a shit about making anyone's life better--it's all about hating the right people, exactly like the right.

Now you're just full of shit. The Covid bill was the best chance to get a minimum wage passed. It has very little chance of getting done now.

Also are you really that dumb to think child poverty is solved or did you get that from an NBC article?

Also are you really that dumb to think child poverty is solved or did you get that from an NBC article?

Lots of outlets wrote articles on it (not "solved," liar--cut in half). The CBPP analysis is what drives my view here. Again, that's millions of kids whose lives are affected in an extremely meaningful way that the fake left would rather see go hungry because they have no moral values that are more important to them than expressing their hatred of Democrats. It's sickening. It's not even like rightists who might at least argue (stupidly) that it's not worth the cost or giving kids money will somehow be bad for them or something. Leftists believe it's good, but they think that it's not worth giving a win to their enemies.

How quickly people forget that Bush called for a holy war, basically. I can at least understand it from some GOP people, but the change in how others view him now is absurd. Zero integrity.

How quickly people forget that Bush called for a holy war, basically. I can at least understand it from some GOP people, but the change in how others view him now is absurd. Zero integrity.

What's the connection between integrity and refusing to give people who are usually wrong credit when they're right?

This didn't happen, unless by holy war you mean, as per Congress' resolution to remove "a regime that developed and used weapons of mass destruction, that harbored and supported terrorists, committed outrageous human rights abuses, and defied the just demands of the United Nations and the world." What part of this is a crusade?

What's the connection between integrity and refusing to give people who are usually wrong credit when they're right?
Credit for not being aboard the Trump train is one thing, treating him like some media darling is another.

Shifting the focus from starting wars to being a doting grandfather who paints pictures is a clear result of his dislike of Trump. Both can, and are true, mind you but it's clear he's been given a pass for past fuck ups due convenience.

When I saw him trotted out on Ellen I couldn't help but think the clapping seals in her audience abandoned more important values in order to give "one of the good ones" adulation to bolster optics. The timing and shift in public image is a clear indication of no backbone.

Back