News Demian Maia calls out Nate Diaz for a retirement fight

Maia is very good at taking people down, only a few fighters have been able to stop him from taking them down, I don't see any reason to believe Nate would be able to stop Maias td's. I also don't see any reason to think it would be competitive on the ground, Diaz was dominated on the ground by RDA, Maia has dominated guys like Condit and Gunnar Nelson on the ground.
24% lifetime tds? Meh

His opponents did that!
I just love one dimensional supergrapplers.
Losing breed these days.
Go watch Mike Perry.

Right its his opponents faults he has no other gameplan or skills.

Mike Perry is more similar to Demian Maia than the fighters i like. Both are one dimensional, both havent won a big fight in years and both try the same techniques over and over and usually fail.

24% lifetime tds? Meh
Have you paid attention to his career? Maia has very good td's, only a few fighters have been able to stop Maia from taking them down. Maia has even been able to take guys down repeatedly who have wrestling backgrounds and people thought Maia wouldn't be able to take them down. The reason Maias td percentage is only 24 is because when he fights guys like Woodley who he can't takedown he goes for a lot of takedowns and that brings his percentage way down. Why do you think Maia has such a good record in the UFC when he has mediocre at best striking?

Have you paid attention to his career? Maia has very good td's, only a few fighters have been able to stop Maia from taking them down. Maia has even been able to take guys down repeatedly who have wrestling backgrounds and people thought Maia wouldn't be able to take them down. The reason Maias td percentage is only 24 is because when he fights guys like Woodley who he can't takedown he goes for a lot of takedowns and that brings his percentage way down. Why do you think Maia has such a good record in the UFC when he has mediocre at best striking?
Ok but his lifetime TD percentage is still 24%?

Dude:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/02/ufc-leaders-takedown-accuracy.html?m=1

Leon arguably outgrappled Nate and took his back. Not arguably, Leon outgrappled Nate. Imagine what Maia would do to him still.

UFC don't want this fight.

Yeah, pretty much this.
Even with old man Maia, it's a mismatch.

I’m just glad the UFC isn’t giving Maia anymore fights, should’ve cut him after his pathetic performance against Woodley.

Back