News Demian Maia calls out Nate Diaz for a retirement fight

Not going to happen. From what Dana said that was his last fight on the contract and he didn’t seem too interested in offering him another. And even if he did, there are far more lucrative options as far as opponents go.

I would watch it but isn't it kind of lame to call out somebody who just lost

I would watch it but isn't it kind of lame to call out somebody who just lost

A loser calling out a loser is a common move. Vettori just called out Costa too

Havent you heard two losers make a winner lol

A loser calling out a loser is a common move. Vettori just called out Costa too
Oh yeah Maya did lose didn't he

I wasn't awake for most of that event

I was hoping he would win, but wasn’t expecting it. But if he wants another fight, give him one. I think that record for most UFC wins is something he really wants. And I think he deserves another shot at it.

Not really interested in that fight Nate would pick him apart. Maia should retire
No, Maia would take Nate down and control him all fight. Then Nate and his idiot fans would bash Maia for the next 10 years saying he was scared

I still like Diego, and I don’t mean I respect him, but I can’t help want the best for him. And if he isn’t given some kind of final opportunity to bring home a pay-check that puts him back into the black then he is off to bare knuckle boxing.

I don’t see who would be a safer fight than Maia. He is the least explosive and has always said he prefers to win without piecing up his opponent, so to that end it’s the perfect fight for both of them.
It makes complete sense, but should have happened two fights ago for Diego. UFC isn't gonna bring him back when he's talking about brain damage, and Maia isn't a big enough name to bring him back for one fight.

There is equal disparity between Nate and Demian in the striking as there would be on the ground.

Nate is a legit black belt, but he was having trouble fighting off Leon’s back control, therefore Maia would utterly flatten Diaz in under a minute if Nate couldn’t quickly scramble his way back up.

Check out how BJ dealt with Nick Diaz for the brief moment they were on the ground, now apply Maia’s brilliant passing and back control and yea, he chokes Diaz out for sure.
Nick kicked his ass on the ground

Nick kicked his ass on the ground
Nick certainly came nowhere close to kicking BJ’s ass on the ground, that’s just pure nonsense. BJ won the scramble and maintained top position, taking Nicks back and punching his face, at no point was Nick close to any kind of dominant position. Or are you talking abut Nick kicking Diego’s ass on the ground? You’ve not made it clear.

Nick certainly came nowhere close to kicking BJ’s ass on the ground, that’s just pure nonsense. BJ won the scramble and maintained top position, taking Nicks back and punching his face, at no point was Nick close to any kind of dominant position. Or are you talking abut Nick kicking Diego’s ass on the ground? You’ve not made it clear.
They just moved around and got back up bro

Firstly “Nick kicked his ass”

Now you’ve rewatched it, they “just moved around and got back up”

You are talking shit. Just admit it.
Nah you were I didn’t rewatch it. I just know bj didn’t dominate SHIT

What if it backfires and Maia gets Nate down but loses by sub? It’s possible.

Nate is probably the only fighter with the guts enough to eagerly pull guard on Maia.
That is ridiculous, Maia will maul him on the ground…

Every fighter respects Nate yet most of Sherdog can't pull their heads out of their asses.

War Maia. He probably won't get the fight, but I hope the best for him in whatever he does next.

There's a huge difference between respect and delusions though, which it seems some of Sherdog is when Diaz is concerned.

I actually like Maia’s chances here. Nate has pretty suspect tdd and even at 43 Maia is still dangerous as hell on top.

Nah you were I didn’t rewatch it. I just know bj didn’t dominate SHIT
Never said he did.
Learn to read, then comprehend.
I said, verbatim, BJ dealt with Nick Diaz on the ground, this is exactly what happened.

You said “Nick kicked BJ’s ass on the ground”.
This was false.

Not a bad matchup tbh. Both guys are way over the hill, and it could get interesting if and when it does go to the ground. Maia is an OG, he deserves a big name for his last one.

Back