News Demian Maia calls out Nate Diaz for a retirement fight

Leon arguably outgrappled Nate and took his back. Not arguably, Leon outgrappled Nate. Imagine what Maia would do to him still.
UFC don't want this fight.

But Leon's superior striking helped him close the distance and push his opponent against the cage. Maia could very well spent 5 round not landing a single TD on Nate.

nate would box his ears off- would be sick if/when it hit the mat
There is equal disparity between Nate and Demian in the striking as there would be on the ground.

Nate is a legit black belt, but he was having trouble fighting off Leon’s back control, therefore Maia would utterly flatten Diaz in under a minute if Nate couldn’t quickly scramble his way back up.

Check out how BJ dealt with Nick Diaz for the brief moment they were on the ground, now apply Maia’s brilliant passing and back control and yea, he chokes Diaz out for sure.

At this point, Sanchez could get CTE from an ankle pick, it's better to leave him alone
I still like Diego, and I don’t mean I respect him, but I can’t help want the best for him. And if he isn’t given some kind of final opportunity to bring home a pay-check that puts him back into the black then he is off to bare knuckle boxing.

I don’t see who would be a safer fight than Maia. He is the least explosive and has always said he prefers to win without piecing up his opponent, so to that end it’s the perfect fight for both of them.

In a 3 rounder Maia has a chance of winning by lnp.

Maia still outwrestles Nate mostly due to Nates willingness to play off his back.

Leon arguably outgrappled Nate and took his back. Not arguably, Leon outgrappled Nate. Imagine what Maia would do to him still.

UFC don't want this fight.
Leon did not out grapple Nate he took him down in favorable position but was never even really able to secure his back.

most people see Nate as only a boxer but the guy is legit as they come on the mat, check out some of the times he competed in pure grappling

Maia's had a great career but he's not getting that fight. Dana ain't renewing his contract.

Probably Nate’s best chance to get a title shot. If he loses to Maia how could they deny him.

I am agree with Maia.Maia v. Nate is the fight to make.

WAR MAIA!

Nate was asked about it at the post fight presser and said he wouldn't want that fight. He respects the BJJ guys and considers himself one of them so on their side.

Not sure I'd like to see Nate pointing and laughing at a fatigued Maia everytime he tags him.

Lot of people want a slice of Nate Diaz these days

Back